Interest Check Thread

i am definitely interested in reading number 3

4 Likes

I think number 2 is quite interesting, I like a good comedy game

6 Likes

So I want to make a little Test Game. Donā€™t know if someone would like to read it, it will be a survival game Robinson Crusoe Style. I would like to know, If someone would like it, which kind of island you would like to strand on.

• Tropical Island
  • Mediteranean Island
  • Borreal Island

0 voters

2 Likes

You cant kill demon but you can kill fallen angel and they are also powerful? Why not just kill a demon and absorb its power? A demon is an angel right?

2 Likes

You can absorb their power, just not by killing them. You also can kill demons, though it is very difficult.

Demons are not Angels. They are two separate entities

2 Likes

Oh. Sorry about that, reading multiple story like this make my mind crazy. Considiring i just read fallen divine. Though looking forward to read it. Goodluck.

2 Likes

Definitely make it so that they canā€™t get every power. It would be, well, overpowered, and besides, replay-ability would be better so that way people can go back through and explore the different choices and powers.

It would be cool if every power and choice had a drawback, making you think instead of being some over powered freak of nature.

1 Like

You could always make it so that there is one branch where you are defending, and another where you read as the invading force. This way itā€™s a two in one, and gives the reader a whole other story to dive into when they finish one of the branches.

There is a lot of interesting ways you could go with this and a bunch of choices you could put in. It would be more work but might just make it a little better at least.

1 Like

These are really just titles instead of concepts or premises. Care to shed some light on your ideas for each of these?

1 Like

Oh, I remember this. I was to release the demo months agoā€¦

Then school started.

Your suggestion has indeed been noted.

1 Like

Greetings. Iā€™ve been drafting up a story where you, the MC, a monster, has to hide, thrive and contend in a world dominated by humans.

The monsters you can play as (so far):

Slime.

Generally mindless, solitary, mute scavangers, your MC is an exception. Able to contort, morph and ooze yourself in many shapes and forms, you also possess the ability to secrete caustic acid. Looked down upon as literal bottomfeeders, maybe you will prove to all doubters your biological perfection?

Gnoll

Fierce beastfolk, prideful warrior-slaves and the scourge of humanity, Gnolls are physically adept, cunning opportunists with strong senses and amoral dispostions. Despite their overtly transgressive acts on other sentient races, gnolls have powerful, healthy familial bonds. You would sacrifice yourself for the greater good of kin, wouldnā€™t you?

Incubus/Succubus

Beautiful, sensual, etheral and sinister. Life is easy when youā€™re a very attractive jack/jill-of-all-trades. These demonic entities live an almost carefree existence, intermingling seamlessly with humans and monsters a like. However being a popular triple agent brings the risk of being impaled from all sides.

Mind-flayer

Hedonistic elitists, Mind-flayers have an unsavoury reputation, even amongst other monsters. While formidable, colonies are usually obessive and paranoid. A species consumed with mass extinction and universal domination, is ultimately self-defeating. Perhaps a certain, exiled individual will change that fate?

Lich (Skeleton)

With talent and skill, a human can achieve physical immortality. No more need for food, water or sleep. No more threats from bacterial, viral or parasitic infections. What would you do for an eternity, aside from avoiding/defeating powerful foes. Relaxing on a tropical paradise or more likely, trapped in a catacomb, fighting for self-preservation.

What are your thoughts, please let me know?

19 Likes

Good idea

2 Likes

2 and 3, especially 3 appeal to me. Iā€™m getting a ā€˜Psychā€™ vibe from 2, and I didnā€™t like how goofy that was, but otherwise, the concept is definitely something Iā€™d be interested in.

I love huge epic political struggles, and I love Arthurian legend, so I hope you write 3.

3 Likes

In regards to ā€œincreasing or decreasing a said aptitude for flower/floral arrangementā€, I would say that it would make sense to start out with having a weakness in one arrangement compared to another. However, you should be able to work on that weakness while still retaining your original strengths so you arenā€™t losing skill, but rather gaining, even if it takes longer to work on it.

For example, in my experience in design, I definitely had weaknesses starting out and as well as a couple strengths. For years Iā€™ve tackled my weaknesses but never lost ā€œskillā€ in the strengths I had to begin with. You can only grow with experience. Unless the MC hasnā€™t arranged flowers for a VERY long time, I donā€™t feel like losing skill points would make much sense just because they are focusing on bettering their experience with another arrangement theyā€™re weaker with.

Regarding the protagonist being gender-locked, I firmly believe that itā€™s your story and you can do what you want with it. For me personally, however, I wouldnā€™t be able to relate to the MC very much being that I identify as non-binary and do like seeing characters in fiction who are relatable to me. It immerses me more in your world and just overall feels good to be validated in a story Iā€™m wrapped up in. However, if thereā€™s a plot-related reason you want to gender-lock the protagonist as a female, then thatā€™s understandable.

Iā€™ll be honest and say I know little to nothing about floral arrangements, but your story sounds interesting! And itā€™s clear by the questions youā€™re asking that you are very passionate about it, which I love to see! I hope my feedback was helpful!

2 Likes

Throw in being a skeleton and you officially win me over, haha!

But honestly, I love your idea. Iā€™m big on that kind of stuff and would love to generally see more protagonists being monsters/creatures/cryptids in any genre or story. And with what youā€™re describing, Iā€™d eat up the concept and demo immediately! Iā€™m 110% for it!

2 Likes

This seems too cool to be true

2 Likes

That means a lot coming from you @Blank. You are one of the most dilligent and consistent people here on the forum, Iā€™m glad it caught your interest.

3 Likes

After posting on the thread What kind of story would you love to read?

I think Iā€™m in the mood to make just what I suggested there. A game sorta like the xfiles. Aliens gallorā€¦ still thinking of a general plot, characters, etc.

What do you guys think? Would anyone even like to read about a game were in your an agent whoā€™s hunting for aliens? :alien::space_invader:

6 Likes

Whoops, sorry for not replying earlier. I never check my notifications often as I should have haha but yeah I already started working on the deaf swordsman story about a month ago. I was planning on releasing what I had so far after I update the chapter two for my other WIP. The working title for the deaf swordsman story probably will be ā€œA Deaf Journeyā€ or something similar to it.

3 Likes

This sounds really awesome!

Have you ever read the manga Gangsta? Thereā€™s a main character thatā€™s deaf and wild with a sword.

Will we be a silent badass like him?

2 Likes