Interest Check Thread

I’d like to see a CS game based around the theme of endless cycles, aka multiple reincarnations, where the MC go through at least 2-5 lives before the end of the game. And every reincarnation has an effect on the MC’s stats. Thoughts about this? And when the MC passes away, there is a choice to continue your next life (reincarnate) or ‘replay the current chapter’… And as always, there’s a choice to customise your MC’s full name

6 Likes

Oh there was one in the makes around here. It was called 1000 lives I believe. You had to shuffle through various incarnations of you and your long lost lover to reconnect or some sort. (Whoops your long lost lover Ms.Young Pretty Baker is now a Mr.Rowdy Sailor in this incarnation, what do?)

Sounded very interesting but sadly may be harder to do without being scaled down.

2 Likes

Why are there four options in the genderlock question though, genuinely confused. Yes, no and maybe are all decent enough but Author’s choice is… off-ish.

The author obviously decides if it should be genderlocked or not, the poll and the community only influence it; in that case, maybe is the equivalent of author’s choice, as in neutral, so don’t see the point of its existence. Might be nitpicking but pretty weird imo.

3 Likes

@Hazel thanks, I sure hope I get the whole code correct. And I mostly get stuck on other codes say I was looking for other conditions say the *hide_reuse or *disable_reuse and it was not on the choice of games page. Wish a master list of codes were posted on the official page. I had to look for the wiki page for other codes to implement which was effy. I’ll send you a DM before making a public demo.

@poison_mara noted. Different strokes for different folks.

@N1GHTMAR3 The author’s choice is basically just plainly saying whatever the author wants and you don’t care. Maybe is in the middle ground while the author’s choice is letting the author have their way. True the author has the last say, but in this case, I’m gathering data. Whatever result I accumulate that will be my deciding point. And Nah, I should think I’m unusual to add that option. My brain thinks on different days. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think it is obvious that I do have a liking of paranormal games, ones juxtaposed with the modern day. I think it could be interesting to have some kind Paranormal Investigator, no government body, etc.

Potential Client: I’d like to hire you for a case.
P.I: What seems to be the problem?
Potential Client: My spouse is sleepwalking.
P.I: A doctor might be a better option.
Potential Client: Yeah, but they crawl on the ceiling in the middle of the night. And your ad did say “Discount Exorcist.”

7 Likes

Hi folks I’m currently working on a title right now and need a bit of help. Since I don’t have a demo up I am not making a page but I need a bit of help with a few things.

Currently I have almost all of the characters established except for the last 4. 2 High Elves and 2 Dark Elves.

A very brief history of their ancestral origin to help clarity of what I need:

Story points - Slight spoilers technically

Summary

After the planet was created by the Gods, they created the first Angels. The Angels were their most beautiful creations and were given the land as their home. Eventually the Angels developed emotions due to having a “true soul” (a bit of the Gods as animation). These emotions varied throughout all the Angels and caused them to have a sort sentience outside of their blind obedience to the Gods. When the Gods learned of this, rather than be upset, they were both happy and curious about their children’s newly formed emotions. They hadn’t programmed them to feel anything other than love and so the fact that they had developed new separate emotions was interesting to them. They, born entirely from that curiosity and free of any malice or ill intent, ripped the emotions from the Angels and cast them back to the earth. At this point, the Angels were now considered and newly dubbed as “Fallen Angels”, each only maintaining the emotion they held most strongly to.

The Gods, taking these new and varied emotions and sought to create new Angels. Stripping the positive emotions from the negative, they created the new and current Angels while their brief contact with the negative and discarded emotions accidentally created Demons. Discarding the demons to the depths of the Pitts of their realm, they focused squarely on their new Angels, charging them to go to the earth and help form dominion over it.

The Angels, fueled by their varied forms of love as well as the fragments of true soul, wished to create life of their own. They, in their infantile state, created a large tree filled with “mana” (the innate essence of all creatures grown and stimulated by true soul). The tree immediately began to bear fruit and that fruit was dense with mana.

Seeing that there was no one to enjoy their fruit, the Angels chose to create their own child similar to how the Gods created them. Forming them out of the woods surrounding their “Tree of Life”, the Angels created the first sentient mortals: Elves.

The Elves were innocent and childlike creatures that frollicked in the woods happy. When told to eat from the tree, those that did were turned into beautiful Elven creatures. They stood several feet taller than before and were conscious of themselves and the world around them. While they lost their childlike innocence, they grew even more devoted to their own, the Gods and Angels, and the earth itself.

Seeing this and brimming with anger, Envy, one of the fallen angels, wished to take the happiness away from the Elves, and by extension the Angels and the Gods as a whole. As such, he made his way into the woods areas under the dead of night and whispered many things into the young Elves’ ear. He told one elf that he must bring an offering to the tree from his closest friend without their knowing. He told another group of Elves that they must make love with one another in front of the tree to receive it’s blessing, while another was told that his brother would steal his blessing and that he had to stop him.

As can be imagined, when they all followed the Fallen Angel’s advice, they did not achieve the same pure state when they ate from the tree. No, their hearts, so darkened and corrupted by sin, caused them to become separate creatures entirely. Their skin turned a dark shade of the night and their hair became stark white. While they maintained their immense beauty, it was an entrancing dangerous beauty. They had become Dark Elves, the antithesis to their High brethren.

When the Angels had learned of this, they, with the same love yet slight mix of disappointment, they cast the Dark Elves into the “Abyss” (the bottom of the earth), stating that that would be their home. They then, once learning of Envy’s machinations, sought to kill the Fallen Angel and remove him from their forest. And while they couldn’t, his power matching their own, they were able to force him down into the Abyss as well.

The High and the Dark Elves are virtually the same in every way except a few. While the High Elves are generally good and loyal to the tree and each other, the Dark Elves are generally evil and seek to own the tree for themselves, being willing to murder one another to do it. In terms of magical powers and abilities, they are equal with the High Elves focusing on healing and protection, while the Dark Elves focus on poisons and killing.

TL;DR :: Elves were given a magic tree. Good Elves that ate it would become High Elves. Bad Elves that ate it would become Dark Elves.

What I need help with is coming up with suitable names for all four of them.

Here’s a bit of info on each character:

High Elf (M) - Bi : Bold and brash. Sees Elves as the greatest race and is resentful of the Humans. He is a an expert archer as well as mage user.

High Elf (F) - Bi : Reserved and easily frightened. Is afraid of hurting others and chooses to enjoy her woods and home. She is an expert as a mage.

Dark Elf (F) - Bi : Arrogant and condescending. Sees all others as her lesser and seeks to rule the Abyss before attacking the Elves and taking the Tree of Life. She is an expert “Corrupter” (user in dark magic that burns at the essence of the user and their victim)

Dark Elf (M) - Het : Cunning and Patient. He seeks to find a way to acquire the powers of the Tree of Life for himself to rule over the world and to (spoilers) become a God himself. He is an expert in corruption magic and assassinations

Please let me know:
A. What are some good names for either group or each character
B. What your thoughts of that part of the story so far.

I kept it specific to the Elves since that is what I need help with but if people are interested in any other part I’d be happy to share :grinning:

10 Likes

i would love to know the other parts

1 Like

Undrasi Meryvel

Fenys Fedovilo

2 Likes

Personally, I believe their names would be dependable of the language they speak. Is it different from English? Do they have Elvish words mingled with English (or other ‘Earth-known’ languages)? Or do they speak only English?
And what are their cultures? Is it usual for people/elves to be called Flower/Fleur/etc? Or other names like Wolf, or maybe when one is good at hunting they are called: Eyes of the Hawk, with as nickname Hawk?
And do they have surnames? Is the surname the name of their clan? Or the place/village/forest/country where they were born? Is it culture bound? Mayhap the way the moon stands is important? Or is it simply their job which also becomes their surname? Par example: John Bakker, or Sarah Fisher, or Demi Hunter, etc.

I am merely sprouting questions and ideas.

These are the names which I came up with anyway:

High Elf (M) - Bi : Bold and brash.

Breo, said: Bree - oo

High Elf (F) - Bi : Reserved and easily frightened.

Rinn, said: Reen

Dark Elf (F) - Bi : Arrogant and condescending.

Merriana, said: Mer - ria - ana

Dark Elf (M) - Het : Cunning and Patient.

Lioquen, said: Leo - qwu - èn

3 Likes

Excellent points.

The High Elves/Elves speak Elven which sounds like French with a slight injection of Chinese in that the words flow like a singular sentence. The difference between High Elves and “Regular” Elves is the accent. Standard Elves speak as I’ve just described with a slightly higher pitch than a human. High Elves, because of their nature, sound, to humans, like they have a slight echo to their words.

Dark Elves are very similar to High Elves with their language being seen as a “Perverted/Elevated” version of Elvish depending on who you ask. They have the same language with certain exclusions such as “love” or “good” or “kind” (all these words translating to “naive”). As such it’s the same accent and tone of speaking with a subtle inclusion of Russian-esque sensuality.

Great question.

For Elves, they are loosely named after trees.

Example: Poe’tsenel: Full name (Male)
Poe (pronounced: Po-wah): First name
'Tsenel (pronounced: Tss-ah-nela): Last Name

Chene’tsenel: Full name (Female)
Chene (pronounced: ShEEn): First Name
'Tsenel (pronounced: Tssah-nel): Last Name

High Elves are based from flowers similarly loosely.

Ex. Vio’tsapel: Full name (Male)
Vio (pronounced: Vee-Yo): First Name
'Tsapel (pronounced: Tssah-pel): Last Name

Via’tsapel: Full name (Female)
Via (pronounced: Vee-Ya): First Name
'Tsapel (pronounced: Tssah-pel): Last Name

Dark Elves are named loosely from poisons.

Ex. Nor’fonce: Full name (Male)
Nor (pronounced: Nore): First Name
'Fonce (prounounced: Fon-zzs): Last Name

Mora’nuit: Full name (Female)
Mora (pronounced: Mor-Rah): First Name
'Nuit (pronounced: New-Weet): Last Name

In terms of their surname, it is intrinsically connected in some way to the “Tsa’poutel” (the name used towards the Tree of Life. Dark Elves are more closely named around the darkness or what it represents. Their surnames can vary much more than Elves or High Elves.

As for the ideas, I like them. They give way to inspiration and will be played with.

Excellent questions that were not originally considered by me prior to your asking. Really helped distinguish them from standard Elven names. Much appreciated.

@Logan3000x
Thank you for the ideas. I will futz around with them as inspiration. Much appreciated.

Sure. What would you have questions about? The races? The story outline? The characters in particular? I don’t want to go on and on about things that you may not want to hear about to anything as specific as possible let’s me flesh it out more if it needs fleshing and help you better understand the world more :blush:

4 Likes

Can we learn magic

2 Likes

Yes. There will be a mage class with several different sub classes

(Keep in mind that these are subject to change)

Summary
  • Mage (Mage that has mastered the fundamentals and principles of magic greater than other classes)
  • Sword Mage (Mage trained in the sword and fights using melee and magic)
  • Elementalist (Mage capable of manipulating the elements to fight on their behalf)
  • Corrupter (Mage capable of corrupting the soul of a person through dark magic)
  • Hexblade (Mage capable of creating magical weapons)

There is a bit more but these are the basic classes.

4 Likes

the story outline and the races.

2 Likes

Story Outline

Summary

The main story takes place with your character already in the role of power, given the coveted rank of “Champion”. You are called to meet the Queen of your Kingdom with a task.

It has been learned to her that the veil between the mortal and the celestial plane is weakening, and more and more demons are entering your lands. Demons, as are all Celestial creatures, nigh impossible to be killed by a mortal, with even the lowest of demons requiring powerful magic to send them back to their plane. If the veil is lifted, the Demons, which are numberd in the millions, will easily overwhelm the world, feasting and corrupting all life to exist.

Your job is NOT to find and repair the tears in the veil. No mortal magic is strong enough to alter something of Celestial might. Your job is to find and gain the assistance of the Fallen Angels. These beings, despite falling from grace, are immensely powerful and are heralded as gods in their own right by many civilizations.

You are to take two companions with you to face these Fallen Angels, and either get their aid by joining you, or their power by killing them.

As far as races are concerned, since there are a bit, I’ll bring up the ones you’ll actually meet in Book 1:

Summary
  • Human
  • Elves
  • Forrest Elves
  • High Elves
  • Dark Elves
  • Dragons
  • Illithids
  • Orcs
  • Goblins
6 Likes

I would definitely be interested in reading this

2 Likes

Im hooked

3 Likes

Just so I’m clear, what exactly would be the “point” of the story? I am understanding the setting to a degree but I don’t quite get what the mc would be doing.

From what I can tell of HKBO, it is a mix of revenge as well as a type of self discovery(?) Would this focus on the self discovery stuff?

Thank you. I have ambitious goals for it but we’ll see how it pans out.

3 Likes

I’ve been pitching up on this idea for a while.

You live under the banner of one big hegemonic empire. Their way of ruling isn’t necessarily that bad, but rebellions happened regardless; albeit unorganized and sporadic.

You might choose to partake in this rebellion or not, and you might just find the chance to overthrow the empire.

The twist is: Another hegemonic empire is expanding their border, and your empire is their next target.

I wonder what would’ve people think about it.

8 Likes

I’ve been kicking around a couple of ideas for a while now. I hope other people find at least one of them interesting!

1. You play as a human from player choosable origins that dies and gets sent to a snow covered realm between life and death. Over time, the bodies of the people there wither and rot away, leaving only their souls and auras. Soon afterward even the memories fade away, leaving only a trace of a person. For example, a person who died there that loved nature would have their skin slowly slough away until nothing but a green wisp that is obsessive about nature remains. The only way to avoid this is to keep your wits about you and not forget who you are. Throughout the course of the game and an odd series of events the main character can end up with either a pure white or black soul and either saves the realm or corrupts it. All the ROs will involve helping them recover their past selves, and probably won’t have a gender.
  2. A comedy game in which you’re a charlatan who pretends to be a psychic ghost hunter. Money is gained through successfully bamboozling people. At some point a real ghost is encountered, and the struggle to keep the act that you know what you’re doing and really banish the ghost begins.
  3. You play as a Mordred- style character that was raised from birth to be the ultimate weapon and the death of your father, of which you are the bastard of. You are sent on a mission to expose your father (the king of the realm) and his infidelity. Once you arrive in the kingdom, however, you see all the trouble that would be caused and people that would be harmed if you reveal yourself to be his child, and are forced to make a decision. Either fulfill your mission by orders of your mother, or gain a new purpose in life. ROs are likely going to be members of the court, furthering the difficulty of the decision for people that choose to go that route.
    Note that these are just the bare bones of these ideas and I have much more planned out. if interest is shown they will be expanded upon.
15 Likes

The Option N° 3 sounds very nice,mate! I would love to play a game like this, being a bastard that can choose between a mission and the peeps you’ve met during your time in court seems like a great way to make some good ol’ angst,so you obviously got me hooked! I wish you all the luck no matter what you choose. :heart:

5 Likes