Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum (Out Now!)

I think you’ve managed that perfectly.
And thanks for explaining that about the stats tho I must say I’m more confused about those now. So they never check for personality stats? It’s always about the main stats, a combination of those or the equipment?

2 Likes

@idonotlikeusernames
I would say just drink a ton of water and sleep it off, but then again, you shouldn’t be taking advice from an internet forum hahaha. I do think it’s much better to rest and then tackle work when you’re better though!

@Cari-san
Hmm, so personality stats were more to do a kind of MBTI inspired epilogue and I didn’t check for those during stat checks because I felt it would make things overly complicated! (also because the way personality stats changed were a bit less obvious than the main stats)

In the future, I might use personality stats to change the way the MC sees the world, but it’s still v experimental now!

@everyone
So some of you have messaged me asking for a Patreon link. While I think it’s not really necessary (since Gladiator is paid for anyway!!!) and I’m more than happy getting your support on social media, well, some of you have been very insistent, which is extremely kind of you! Thank you so much for all of your support so far!! All your comments, feedback and suggestions have really helped incredibly in making Gladiator what it is, and I’m super excited to do more!

Here’s the patreon link: https://www.patreon.com/whatthefoong

3 Likes

Knowing this will definitely help me get better results with some choices when I replay the game again.

Anyway here’s an idea: Why not make it so the player can choose if they want to see the stat checks or no, like @Lucid does it in The Lost Heir? Or you already made the decision to keep the reader in the dark to some extent?

1 Like

So, I am having troubles with the ‘master?’ chapter? Who are the people who wants to actually buy you???

1 Like

I was just wondering, im not sure if you’ve answered this question before because theres over a thousand comments XD but who are the available romances inside this story?

1 Like

@Cari-san

Hmm that’s a good consideration for the future. I think my original idea was to keep the stat checks away from the readers because I felt it would have cluttered the text and distracted away from the story. But I guess giving readers and option would be a great middle ground. I’ll be sure to experiment in the future!

@Sailendranath_Murmu
Hey! So not everyone wants to buy slaves, and even those who do… have certain considerations. So you’ll have to play to your strengths and see who’s interested!

@Haribospoon
Ah yeah don’t worry about it! In this book, it’s just your best friend and Gisila or Taurus depending on who you go for. The rest you may flirt with, but getting together with them isn’t possible

1 Like

I will said your game is the only coc gane that make me die 10 times and i love it. Good job you you start revolution in coc games genre and i hope many author will follow you👍 @nauhziy

1 Like

Sadly I can confirm this. No getting together pr entanglements with either Titus or Decius…yet. :disappointed:

1 Like

@Zen1

Hahahaha very masochistic but I’m glad you enjoyed the process!!! I definitely made this a lot harder than the normal HGs, wanted to experiment with a different approach! Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement and for supporting the game!!

@idonotlikeusernames
Oh promiscuous you… what happened to Kraterous and Taurus?

1 Like

I am sure you mean cog, but this game is not cog ( choice of game ) instead it falls on HG ( hosted game ) category.
I love picking

2 Likes

Which Caesar are we dealing with in this game’s time period? Gaius Julius?

1 Like

Yeah, the OG one.

1 Like

Taurus never was my cup of tea and with the latest plot we may never have that kind of access to Kraterous and my mc isn’t going to stay a virgin till 45 anyway. Assuming we’re about 20 at the start of the second game and then we get roped into the Aux troops for presumably the standard term of service of 20-25 years. In addition and this is one thing we do know about Roman use of their Auxiliaries they never used them in their province of origin if they had a choice, which means my mc probably won’t see Greece again for a very long time.

Besides the mc is literally living in the time of orgies, no reason to remain celibate. :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“idonotlikeusernames, post:1210, topic:26462”]
In addition and this is one thing we do know about Roman use of their Auxiliaries they never used them in their province of origin if they had a choice, which means my mc probably won’t see Greece again for a very long time.[/quote]

Just want to point out that those considerations are irrelevant at a time where legions are basically private armies, more tied up to their general than Rome… and that is exactly the current situation in this time period. Assuming Caesar just finished his conquest of Gaul - not an unreasonable assumption, if he gets to have Circus games thrown in his honour - then the war against Pompey is right around the corner… and the decisive battle was fought in Greece.

1 Like

Remember that this game is a mishmash of all the different Roman eras; I’m not sure which military era @nauhziy has decided to go with in his world.

2 Likes

@nauhziy @Talyrion @Pheriannath I haven’t replayed the game in awhile, but is Julius Caesar reffered to as ‘Caesar’? If so then that would be incorrect because the name didn’t become a title until after he died and Augustus formed the Empire. I don’t know when exactly this game is set, but depending on the year I feel ‘Imperator’ would be more appropriate. That is what the word and title ‘Emperor’ was derived from anyway. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Actually, referring to Gaius Julius Caesar as just Caesar is correct - it’s just designing the individual by using his cognomen, not the title who of course only became one because of him.

(for that matter, imperator wouldn’t be a great title to use, because it was one with a short expiration date at this point in the Republic. Consul or Dictator might work, but they come with a pretty tight time window too. Governor might be the safer option if the game takes places between 60 and 50BC - but then again, he wasn’t in Rome at that time for the most part.)

2 Likes

Gotcha

1 Like

After escaping from the ludus/games, the “the end” summary still gives us the default “manumitted into caesar’s auxillaries” line.

Also, is there no way to beat kraterous after challenging him in a one-on-one duel? He just throws sand in my eyes and wins every time

1 Like

My MC belonged to House of Brutus so shouldn’t that be “for Brutus” instead of “for Cato”?
And I don’t have a screenshot about this one, but when MC comes out to best friend about being gay then there is one sentence where BF addresses himself instead of saying the MCs name.

1 Like