Community College Hero (for all post-release feedback)

Ha ha I really want to pit the Facebook Mega Cat against the CoG forum Mega Cat.

1 Like

So Facebook Mega Cat is serious with powerful and world altering abilities.

CoG Mega Cat has an army of cats, armor made of cats, ride a lion, misfortune magic and dresses like Genki Cat.

Somebody needs to make a vs. fanart.

4 Likes

And have Poison claws With my help any hero from Forum has Poison backup ā€¦ Because Poison is awesome. My hero name is Poison

First off, just wanted to say I think this game is one of the best ones on the user-made games page on the website, and that I specifically made this account to give you my feedback and queries on how awesome a game this is and what you might have planned for the sequel.

The characters were all very amazing in my opinion and my time interacting with them not only gave me an idea on how unique they were but also allowed me to explore the depths of their personality and how theyā€™re more than they appear at first glance.

The game mechanics are great as well. The individual tests the protagonist has to take are fairly unique and the difference each has in how you have to take them gives all of the tests a certain amount of variety I very much enjoy.

The character archetypes the player character had to choose were interesting as well, giving the character different flaws and advantages that were believable enough that I found them to be in good taste. And although I found the level grinding to be somewhat disappointing considering through the entire game you can only get a somewhat limited amount of skill points allocated to already chosen traits, I still found the outcomes and reactions you get depending on the skill of your characters traits to be well done.

Though by far what Iā€™d enjoyed most in this game was the story and premise. As you can tell from the websiteā€™s lineup superhero (or supervillain) games tend to be a rarity, which I think is a huge waste of potential, so when I saw your game make the cut I was more than pleasantly surprised. Getting to play as a badass normal with no superpowers was only icing on the cake.

And as for the story, I found it to be simply spectacular with good plot threads being planted for the sequel as well as a thrilling read altogether. The ending was by far the most emotional and breathtaking and, along with the well made characterization of the cast that makes them feel so real, it proved to be both touching and heartbreaking, hitting all the right chords in me by the end of it all.

I can safely say that this has been one of the most fun and enjoyable choiceofgames games I have ever played, and Iā€™m eagerly awaiting what comes next in the sequel as well as what new surprises/features you have in stored for us next!

And now with that out of the way, here come the questions:

(WARNING: Iā€™m not exactly sure how to hide or blur spoilers yet so there are sure to be some major ones here.)

First off, is there any way you can prevent Origamiā€™s death? It was one of the most tearjerking scenes and even though I know it isnā€™t likely, I still want to see if I can in anyway keep Origami alive since sheā€™s just so sweet and innocent and, well, Origami.

The next question is whether or not weā€™ll be able to see Origami in the next installment. Iā€™ve felt like there was something more to her death than what was shown and since I really liked her character I thought I might ask.

Another question would be whether the minor characters here would get more appearances in the second act. Hi-Jinx, The Spiked Gladiator, that glitter girl (forgot her name), that girl who can change the color of something Rain was talking about (also forgot her name), Jason, Streetsmart, Booksmart, all of those guys. And maybe also give us a hint on what other new characters might be appearing?

I also wanted to know if it was possible to romance more than one character or if you could end up in a polyamorous relationship or something. The question came into my head when I was on Crookā€™s side talking (and flirting) with Dirty Girl when I was already with Tress and she asked if I wanted to get both of them. Iā€™ll admit I am a fan of the Harem Genre and those Japanese Dating Sim games so I certainly wouldnā€™t mind if it were possible, and if not here then maybe in the sequel.

I also wanted to ask you if it was still possible to get Stoicā€™s Secret. Iā€™d already seen everyone elseā€™s secret except hers at least once, and when I tried to do some research on it online I found a steam forum where your response was that you pulled it out of the finished game at the last minute, so Iā€™m wondering if thatā€™s true or not and whether Stoicā€™s Secret will remain a mystery (at least until the next game).

I also wanted to know how many games of Community College Hero you have planned. I know the second one is already greenlit but Iā€™m wondering if youā€™re planning to make it a trilogy like Heroes Rise (which is now more of a quadrilogy since I found out the author of said games is planning on making another one set during The Hero Project with a new protagonist) or if itā€™s just two games all in all.

And lastly, and this is more just a hunch than anything, during the opening where my Player Character is fighting three of the dozen before the timeskip, was the reason he was fighting them because he had infiltrated their ranks to take them down from the inside, and got ousted by someone he trusted? Again, Iā€™m just theorizing here, but that was the most likely scenario I had in my head when I had first thought about it.

Anyway, I think thatā€™s all I should say and ask right now, lest the giant wall of text I managed to make take up an entire section (which it probably did already). Thanks for all your hard work in making this game, and if you need any help like proofread ing or beta-ing Iā€™ll try to make myself available. Canā€™t wait to see what you have planned next, Everyday_Superhero signing off.

2 Likes

Super strength. And by super I mean super. I imagine Mega Cat with an nearly invulnerable body that can withstand virtually all forms of punishment, super strength to the point of destroying buildings, and since its ā€œMega Catā€ supernatural reflexes to dodge (even though his body is nearly indestructible) majority of attacks and the biggest thing is his signature movie the Mega Leap. Which is essentially his high powered legs leaping up with incredible strength to the point of breaking the group beneath his feet from the shockwaves and then landing/squishing some poor villain.

This is one of my all-time favorite comments on these forums.

2 Likes

I have to put my kiddos to bed, but I will do my best to respond later tonight. I ALWAYS enjoy hearing from folks who made forum accounts just to give feedback. That really emphasizes to me that all the long nights were worth it.

Iā€™ll be back later!

You cant go with both of them. DG doesnt like to share.

I spent the majority of my time on character creation/development so Iā€™m glad you liked them. As I told someone a few weeks ago, they are my babies. :baby: I keep going back and forth on doing a ā€œtraditional novelā€ version of Part 1 but now that Iā€™ve reserved a booth for a comic con this summer, Iā€™m back on the ā€œdo itā€ side of that internal debate. It would give me a chance to dig into their inner thoughts and to tell the story from multiple points of view.

Well, CoG does have its (best-selling) Heroes Rise trilogy and I figured any future ā€œsuperheroā€ type of story will be judged harshly against that pretty high standard. I know my writing and my mechanics lag far behind HR, but I like my universe and characters more (although I am biased).

Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the story. It was VERY hard to decide what seeds to plant for Part 2. On one hand, I wanted to plant SOME of them to build some anticipation, but since players make different decisions, you canā€™t have any one path lead to obtaining some super important information for the future or else it becomes a coding nightmare in Part 2.

Answers to Questions:

1. No she is doomed in Part 1. Will she return? Well THAT would be a spoiler.

2 Yes the ā€œsupporting castā€ might get a bit more time to Shine (no pun intended) now that the universe has been pretty established.

1. I donā€™t think so! At one point I tried to code a ā€œhave a secret bf/gf thingā€ but it was too complicated.

2. No, Iā€™m removing the ā€œfind Stoicā€™s secretā€ from the Stats Page with the new update rolling out soon. I had planned to include it but I chose to bump it to Part 2.

3. Assuming I donā€™t get hit by a :oncoming_bus:, yes there will be a Part 2 and Part 3 (12 ā€œissuesā€ in all). There is a SLIGHT chance I might just plow ahead and try to write Issues 5-12 all together, which would slow down the release date but would complete the entire story, so there are pros and cons.

4. Wellllā€¦I wrote that first scene against the Big Three to be very vagueā€¦why are you fighting them? Where is everyone else? Do you have any chance to win? If not, how are you going to survive? So it could fit into a lot of plotlines.

Now Iā€™m off to work on Part 2!

4 Likes

1) " No she is doomed in Part 1. Will she return? Well THAT would be a spoiler."

Wait wat.

1 Like

The Power-set Iā€™d bestow on Mega Cat ro justify his status would be a Charm/Mezmorize set. The Charm being personal charisma and personality based enchantment - revolving around a catā€™s ā€œabilityā€ to charm the humans in their lives. The mezmorize powers would be related to the mystical powers that big cats hold in legend to put terror in their prey while hunting.

Both aspects of this power-set are close proximity types of powers, both weakened by time and distance.

But mega cats catchphrase is "with the power of the meme cats!

Also mega cat has a sword made of catnipā€¦

And a Lenny face

Okay, the canon Mega Cat can:

• use his super strength to lift approximately 400,000,000 tons (the combined weight of every person on the planet)

• leap 30,000 feet into the air, always landing on his feet

• use his poison claws to instantly kill anyone he touches as well as anyone coming within 1000 miles of the dead body for the next 1000 years (other than Mega Cat)

• control all aspects of time, whether going back in time 5 minutes or traveling back to witness the Big Bang

• fly at speeds allowing him to follow Plutoā€™s orbit around the sun in less than 1 second

• shrug off impacts equal to 100 million atomic bombs

• create an infinite number of identical clones of himself, all of which possess all of his full range of powers

• control the minds of every human being on Earth for decades without losing control

• rise from the dead at least 8 times (this applies to each clone as well)

• shatter mountains as far away as those on Mars with his ā€œMega Roarā€

• control all cats located anywhere on earth, frequently using them to create entirely unnecessary ā€œcat armor.ā€ And he rides a lion who has slightly enhanced strength and endurance

Okay letā€™s figure out a way for him to be defeated within the confines of the Speckverseā€¦hmmm

5 Likes

He steps into quicksand, and the weight of his plot armour causes him to sink clear to the centre of the earth. He is trapped by gravity and the molten outer core, naturally. Unable to leap quite high enough to leave the central core, he focuses on building a ladder made of clone bodies.

Whilst he multiplies clones indefinitely, humanity evacuates to Uranus and leaves no forwarding address. Problem solved.

4 Likes

Uh, I d-donā€™t, Iā€¦ FRIENDSHIP CANNON

Or catnip.

2 Likes

Buu where is poison??? I want him with poison clawsā€¦ POISON POISONā€¦ :sob:

1 Like

This is his ultimate ability. The lion has cat armour too.

Water. Water is his weakness.

3 Likes

I edited it just for you!

1 Like

Much Better!! Poison will continue using her mega cat backpack and lunchbox.

Sooo, I feel kind of stupid for asking, but are those his actual powers??? xD

And btw, how would you have him defeated?