Choice of Alexandria - Achievements & Other Hints

So there is no way to heal her on the first time?
When you tell Sosibius to get out of there?

During the first time, no.

How do you become the new king and marry Ptolmy IV’s mother?

This was addressed above. To marry Ptolemy IV’s mother, you have to get his father out of the picture, have good relations with Berenice, and ensure she doesn’t get whacked by her own son.

Does anyone know the other romance options besides the mother and how one goes about starting them?

There is Ptolemy III (the father of the boy you tutor), and Nefertari…I actually have a big segment on Nefertari in spoiler tags further up, and there suggestions in previous entries on how to get Ptolemy III

1 Like

Thank you, I totally missed that you can romance the father? Is it gender locked and can you have a child with him?

You’re welcome. And yes, you can romance the father, Ptolemy III. None of the romances are gender locked; a male can romance Ptolemy III and a female can romance Berenice or Nefertari.

What I did like is that there is actually some difference in flavor text if a male romances Ptolemy III, or a female romances Berenice. Nothing major, but I do like the acknowledged difference.

As for the child, I am putting it in spoiler tags:

Yes, you can have a child, but only if the parents are hetero. So, a female romancing Ptolemy III, or a male romancing Berenice will have children.

I admit, it might have been interesting to be able to romance your pupil, Ptolemy IV…ah well, I still liked Choice of Alexandria.

3 Likes

That is interesting, on my first playthrough I skipped romance just to see how the relationship between teacher and pupil progressed without it. I enjoy this game and its take on history.

how do I make ptolemy IV NOT grow up to be a brat? at this rate I’ll commit Regicide. :slight_smile:
EDIT:oh wait there is already an answer. oops. my fault for not reading.

Make sure he doesn’t grow up :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

The game claims it has seven distinct endings, of which I have discovered six, I believe. Being deliberately vague to avoid spoilers, I have discovered the endings associated with the three different ‘great works’ associated with high Techne, Rhetoric, and Medicine, an ending focused around the Nefeteri path, a ‘dark ages’ ending which appears to be both the worst and the most historical ending, and a ‘modern Alexandria’ ending set after the year 2000 in a world somewhat more technologically accelerated than our own. Anybody have any ideas what the seventh ending I’m missing is, and how one finds it?

How to I encourage a good relationship between Berenice and Ptolmy IV to ensure she is spared? Like are there any scenes in particular which let me do that?

There are only a couple that come to mind.

The first is to who should raise Ptolemy IV. There is a choice of recommending Berenice to do it, let Sosibius do it, or take it on yourself. Berenice is the way to go.

The second is to enable Ptolemy IV to win his specific event at the Olympics. This will bring the two together.

However, the bigger factor is how corrupt Ptolemy IV is, and how your relationship with him is. Even if you aren’t on great terms, but his corruption is low, helping with the above will make sure she is saved. Doing these things may forego some of the inventions/events you can take later…

1 Like

If I marry Berenice, how do I kill the IV to have my child as the new king?

One way is to have the people rise up in revolt.

Probably the easiest way is to anger the native Egyptian people; have their priest killed (the one stealing scrolls), kill Nefertari when on the Nile, that sort of thing.

Then, when the uprising occurs later, you need to be there for your wife, and child…but Ptolemy IV should in the process. I don’t recall the exact details, since one of these puts you near Ptolemy IV…

1 Like

How do I get the good ending with Ptolemy III?
Like, I got it, once, with Sophia, but I want to do the Cleopatra ending with rhetoric high and it’s kinda not working…

1 Like

I’ve read the romance for the 2 woman. Now I wanna know how to get the last one.

Nothing I do is working. I’m probably choosing the wrong options.

I’m really curious about it though, so any advice?

Actually became Nefertai’s lover :smirk:

I can’t prevent Berenice from getting killed by her son.