Aroderia - The story of White Raven (WIP)

I might be at school when you type me so can’t reply as fast as I wish I could I will reply though

@MaraJade ok, lore will be present in the future update

@Roslyn_samalt06 I understand, I have school to attend too :slight_smile:

Yeah school sucks right now school board voted to raise standards , like everyone wasn’t struggling enough to reach the last one…

@Roslyn_samalt06 your school raises standards?

If there is anyone who wants to help me a little with coding/writing/etc. I would be really glad. I just need help with some sidequests and things like that, so not the main story.

Well we have standard for tests and things we are supposed to learn for high school so you have to score an 80 or above on a test , or you have to take it 2 more times and they take best score. They also have all these organization based assignments that is completely unfair , the kids in my class who are organization freaks are getting A’s but don’t have a clue what they are learning and I know this because they come to me for help on work…
I am not one of the neat kids and I know more then the teachers care to remember… school sucks right now

Our school is 69 and above, no joke. We also only have A, B, C, and N’s we combined D and F to make N

They made a system where teachers leave comments on report cards …now my dad thinks I don’t do homework

Stop with the OT please, you can create your own topic if you want to discuss the educational system.

Meanwhile, I’m almost finished with the “Prologue” part. I just need to code it. Expect an update in the next couple of days.

@ViliamFiedler
Looks good, just some grammatical errors I thought I should point out:

“Rule of a mighty thousand-years* old Empire is coming to an end.” It should be ‘thousand-year’

“It is you,* who will decide its fate!” no comma

“* Very good mercenary to tell the truth” should be ‘A very’

“However this doesn’t mattered* now.” Should be ‘matter’

“Now the* Claudius Bore was running.* Running for his life.” Should be ‘Now Claudius Bore was running, running for his life.’

“As if he wasn’t running at all, but more of* a* levitating above the ground.” No words: of, a’

“Everyone was on* the square, thus the streets were almost completely* empty*.” Should be: in, and replace completely empty with: bare

“Claudius was trying to get there, where he would be * in safety, but around every corner was only another street.” Insert word: kept

“His chances * were “getting down*” and * will weaken*.” Insert: of survival, replace getting down with: slimming, insert: his, change weaken to: weakening

“He was already very tired and didn’t know how much longer he can* keep up.” Should be: could

“When he realized there is* no other option but to face his pursuer, he gathered all his remaining strength and drrw his sword.” Should be: was

“So this is the endgame? At least I’ll leave with my heads* up!” Should be: head

“Do you know why you are standing here today” He* said with * dark sawing voice." Should be: he, insert: a

“In other words you have no idea.” said the men* and put down his hood." Should be: man

On the stats: you can take out the word “ability” from fear control because the name "fear control implies it’s an ability. Also, “inteligence” is misspelled, it should be spelled ‘intelligence’, with two l’s.

hehehe “White Raven”… Thats like my name…!

(Hmmmm this joke getting old?.. NOPE! Stop naming things after me peoples :p)

@Batinthehat Thanks for pointing out the mistakes! You’ve made my job a little bit easier :slight_smile:

@Raven what can I say, you’re a celebrity :smiley:

Demo update v 1.1

Link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/128281492/web/web/mygame/index.html
What’s new?

• Lore added
  • Some of the grammar mistakes fixed (thanks to Batinthehat)
  • Implemented CJW’s saving system
  • Whole conversation with Xenes written (still may change)
  • Added choice of a profession

What’s coming?

• updates will be more frequent during Christmas (I’ll have more time)
  • illustrations
  • first chapter

Feel free to express your opinions, ideas, etc.

i looking forward to it but im curious does the power corrupt your body if you are evil? and also how much of a sadist can i become? >:-)

I love it and the lore give more clarity at least for me.

@djma46 there won’t be any noticeable change in appearance. Fear-control is something natural for main character and you can use it for both, good and evil. However, people will react to you differently based on your actions.
You will have a choice to become quite a “sadist”. I’d like to give the player free hand when it comes to solving situations. You must consider that there won’t be a “good” paths and “evil” paths, my world is the world of grey. And almost every option will have consequences later in game.

@MaraJade I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:

I’m curious, will there be any other professions we can have?

@Headhunter180 What do you mean exactly? Whether there will be more professions later in game or at the end of the prologue?

Both.

I may be able to add one or two professions at the beginning. I wouldn’t add more because in almost every location there will be a side-quest for every profession. So if you have some ideas what the professions could be, I’ll welcome it.

Except for that, once main hero will get to the capital he’ll start working for one individual and you’ll be able to choose what kind of jobs you want to do for him.