Aroderia - The story of White Raven (WIP)

I’ve decided to release demo sooner then I originally planned because I really need your opinions.
Demo consists of a “Prologue” to the whole game. That is why it doesn’t include many choices. And that’s what my question for you is: should I add more choices to the prologue or is it okay as it is? There will be MUCH more choices as soon as you go through the Prologue part, but I’m willing to change it, if you find it “boring” or something. Please, ignore grammar mistakes, I haven’t done any corrections yet. However, feel free to complain about story so far and everything else.

This is a pre-alpha version of demo. I will be editing it and adding more content daily. For those who want to have the biggest experience I strongly recommend not playing it, for all the others who want to help me, I will be forever in your dept.

Demo:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/128281492/web/mygame/index.html

Its gender locked and i dont feel like i was created my character but the story and frenetic ritm is great a lot of confusing but great

@MaraJade I’m planning on adding gender option later. So don’t worry :slight_smile:

I like it so far. I especially found it interesting how you started the story from the view point of the victim being chased. Very nice.

I don’t think you should make it female until you are COMPLETELY finished with the male version. Or else it would take more time.

Yes off course woman are not necesary :smiley: I love to see your reaction to inverse only a female version. Probably you ask for the male version @Talon5505

@Talon5505 I don’t agree. When i’ll be working on both at the same time I will keep in my mind to built the sentences so they are “neutral” (not male nor female), except for some different reactions of NPCs.

@MaraJade I’m sure Talon meant no offense, he was just trying to help.

Guys, please don’t have that “gender fights” here in my topic. If it includes some sensible advice for me to make my work easier i don’t mind but stay calm and rational

Sorry @ViliamFiedler i only want to be funny and ironical but i start to be tired of men always saying woman character is not necesary, but they say never play a game with only female character

Gender locked/gender choice really doesn’t matter much to me as long as the game is well written.

Its pretty good so far :slight_smile:
I like the idea of a gender option but you don’t have to put one in if you don’t want to.

@MaraJade Personally, I don’t mind playing a game where I can play only as a female, but that’s me.

As I said before, there definitely WILL be a gender choice in my game. I’ll try to make it as soon as I can.

I would now appreciate more opinions on the pre-alpha version of demo from various people. Thank you :wink:

I’m was very impressed with the demo! Except for some grammatical errors, the story flows well and is very engaging. You can tell a lot of time and thought was put into it. The stats look cool as well. I’m excited to see what you do with them

Some advice would be to make the shift between the memory to be smoother and more distinct.
Also I like being able to customize what my character looks like. It makes me feel like I’m really in the story. Just an idea. Keep up the good work

@LonelyLade I’m glad you like it! Sorry for the grammar, as I said I haven’t done any corrections yet (and I’m not native speaker, which makes it little bit harder).

I was thinking about adding more options to customize your character, but I’m worried that story would suffer from that. See, my plot is pretty much based on the contrast between black and white. White Raven - Raven when it comes to lore is animal symbolizing darkness, however here it has white color, symbol of peace and good. Your power, when you take it from moral point of view can be characterized as “evil”, but you can also use it for good. Main hero is always in black, has black eyes and black hair, but he let others to call him “white raven”.

All this comes from my philosophy that “sometimes in the biggest darkness, can be hidden the ultimate light”.

It’s up to player who his hero would be, but that contrast is still there. When I was to compare my work with something generally known…My game isn’t Skyrim, where you can be whoever you like (and story sucks), it is more like The Witcher, where you have something predefined but story itself is very nonlinear.

Five minutes into the game and I already whacked someone’s head off . Excellent …very excellent . I would be glad to help you with female gender writing if want but I am kinda busy with school so if I don’t reply quickly don’t worry I will reach you when you pm me . Mara would also be glad to help but she is writing as well so you could pm her and see

Very interesting hows progress right now.

I feel like you should explain the characters backround a little more, because for people who haven’t read this forum it might be confusing as to who these seven people are and why he is killing them. Or was. Ha.

It might do flash back style for that reference

@Roslyn_samalt06 I could use help, expect a pm from me today.

@Aznxa what have you seen in the demo is almost complete “Prologue” there are only a few more lines for me to translate. After that starts First Chapter, which I have already written, but not translated, so it’ll take some time.

@Syndicate I know this is a little bit lacking, it is due the original purpose of my story, which was supposed to be standard novel. Reader was supposed to find out main character’s history later in the book. However, you can’t really play RPG game with a character who is doing some things and you have no idea why, can you? So I’ve choose this flashbacks. There will be more editing in the flashbacks, which should clear things out.

I’ll continue writing tommorow, today I’m going for a few whiskeys and beers to the town, because I have to celebrate Friday, stupid tradition :slight_smile:

There is one thing I’d like to ask. I’m preparing a site, in which you’ll find all the lore information, some forums, etc. However, do you think it is a good idea to implement that “mythology” I’ve written in the first post somewhere in the game or is it not necessary?

I thing is really necesary the first time i read your demo i got a great confusion, and your lore seems a lot of interesting.