A New Pulse - First Bite WiP

I did a playthrough but didn’t see that option

@jcury

The scene can play out one of three ways; both Knight and Blackwood believe you, one of them believe you or neither believe you.

That choice occurs if neither believe you and the lawyer plays the “crazy” card.

Ran it to an error, line 754:Neither true nor false: -9.

the scene was this one “You freeze when you hear someone coming. Hiding you watch as a man drags a young woman into view.”

@lexlexx

Thats odd the game does past random and quick test. I’ll look into that!

is this new material? I played but it ended when I get in the car to go and find the nest.

@jcury
you should get to part way into part 6 then see place holders for parts 7 and 8.

Hi everyone

A bit of bad news about this project its been cancelled. I just hadn’t been feeling it for a long time. The fact I was converting it from a finished novel it kept holding it back. the characters were too set in my head and offering alternatives to scenes were going against the flow.

However there is good news, as I’m working on another project for Bill which is currently using the working title “Bound” and stars the protagonist as a Detective who happens to be a Warlock. So its still horror with a bit of “Magic Detective” thrown in. Some of the characters from the game version of this project namely the two detectives will be reborn in this new project.

Sad to hear that the project is cancelled but “Bound” sounds very interesting

Bummer. This was really interesting. Hopefully you can come back to it later. Between your knowledge of the way things originally went and the community’s lack of it you might be able to get over the whole “this is how it really went” thing.

some scenes were done for the game (the interrogation beginning) and will probably be converted to work in Bound.

Warlock as in witch?

Warlock as in warlock…

Warlock as in Magic user. First there were sorcerers then Warlocks. I’m finishing the first chapter then Bill will get a working demo sorted.

So… since this is cancelled can you tell me what happens in the end?

Okay serious question.

To help me make me decision on whether to resume working on this game. Play through the demo and give me 5 things you loved/liked , 5 things you hated/disliked and 5 things you wish for to happen.

6 Likes

O.k.

Just will take a little bit - I need to finish a couple of other things at the same time. But I’ll complete your lists and edit everything in.

Edit 1: Would you point which link is current for us to try, please? Which post or which hotlink to goto? Every drop-box link I tried gives me a 404 access error.

1 Like

Post 114 has a clean link

Thank you :rose: :rose:

5 Things I Liked:
1 - The very first interrogation - the way it read like a transcript. It took me directly into the setting and scene. Well done
2 - I like the different types of Vampire - the talker, the zombie and the “mindless”
3 - I liked the wrist gun thingy
4 - I really liked the MC being from GB and you adding the flavor of that (word usage in dialogue and British curses are examples)
5 - The later, longer flashbacks - I liked those better than the others.

5 Things To Reconsider/Change
1 - The way the dialogue was after the first scene. The brackets around the name did not work on the flashbacks or the subsequent interrogation scenes
2 - Sebastian and Jessica. Something with both of their characterizations were off - it seemed like they were 2 or even 3 different personalities in each character
3 - Hunter cross-bow weapons were just too traditional - couldn’t mesh as much as I wanted to.
4 - The stats made no sense with how we were fighting.
5 - Forced romance - option of liking him, her or both but not neither.

Other things I still need testing before I can tell you if I dislike them …

Things I’d Like to See:
1 - Find sister
2 - Stop Sebastian My intuition is telling me he has been turned.
3 - Romance the Talking Vampire who tasted my family’s blood.
4 - Becoming a Vampire Queen myself
5 - Establishing a new government MI10 or something that deals with Vampires officially.

There you go.

I couldn’t complete the game… it had indent errors in the mental hospital.

I absolutely love it! I love the entire story, but much prefer the style of the interrogation scenes, both for the characters, and puzzles (even if there was only that one), or more strategy, if you get what I mean. I agree that I’d love to see being changed to a vampire, or more romance options.

I did however find some glitches and typos:

[Knight]“Or it could you mean you have an accomplish, or a copy cat killer.”
-accomplish should be accomplice

i said play along, but attacked the doctor in the panic room

Don’t worry about me {name} I’m fine and Sebastian knows what he is doing. You just concentrate on…"