Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven -- set for release 10/28/16

Good point, but Which one dies is still determinant on who Clem chooses, so she does have a part in their deaths at least indirectly. I almost always kill off Kenny though. It was foolhardy to continue searching for some mystical survivor city that they had zero hard evidence of in the middle of winter. The more pragmatic option would be to go south and rest, then possibly try again in the spring like the survivor woman, I think her name was Jane, suggested.

1 Like

Yeah, but: you said that is the pragmatic option which you would probably choose but if that had been a real life situation Iā€™m pretty sure everybody would have chosen to save the person they like the most. In that kind of games you canā€™t say the pragmatic choice is the best, those games try to play with your emotions, they make you question morality and what is right and wrong.

Eh, after they killed half the cast in Episode 3 I realized there was no point getting attached to anyone in the first place. I didnā€™t even finish season one since the most interesting thing about the story was wondering who theyā€™d suddenly kill off next.

1 Like

Eh, In a post apocalyptic setting, I would prefer to be with people I like more, but if it meant that they were committed to an idiotic decision that would probably end up killing the entire group, you can bet your ass that Iā€™m going with the group that offers me the best chance of survival. Fear is a powerful motivator, and Iā€™m sure most of us could be scared into staying where we know supplies and resources are. Relating this to ZE since we started a bit off topic, I would rather stay near my fortified home before I ventured away to look for a new home base. It might be more risky, depending on location and your character, to stay where you are or to move away. You gotta weigh your skill set and go with the option that presents the least amount of risk to your group. And, I highly doubt if you get Lyle and Jillian to join that theyā€™ll be willing to drop everything and run into the woods/hills

@JimD
In the police officer path when you go back to the station and it describes your Sergeant. ā€œhis bald hearing wearing a smear of crimsonā€ should be bald head. Also, when asking Don for a bag and he gives you one, the M16 you get from the bag does not show up as an option when you want to equip yourself to deal with the zombie outside.

Same I finished in a weekend and absolutely loved it,brought out so many emotions. My ending was one of the goods ones i think. It brings kind of closure and happiness to the story. I end up going with Carl so maybe try that ending. I liked it at least.

Woah this game is amazing!! I love how many variables are considered into every action! I love the dependent, and the fact the love interest isnā€™t just thrown into the very beginning (or maybe they have??) gah!Theres no question that this must have taken a while, and considering this is a demo. Woah! Just Woah!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s @JimD for ya.

I think this game is going to be very interesting in how much more control over our morality that we will have now. Do we forgive Lyle and Jillian, making more mouths to feed, do you let them go in disgust, rob them like they would have done to you, or just kill them and be done with it. As amazing as ZE was, Humanity was more of a measure between either absolute dickishness or mora paragon. Looks like thereā€™s going to be a lot more middle ground in Safe Haven. Canā€™t wait for the Memorial Day update.

2 Likes

@Iggles Iā€™ll fix those issues in the police officer path. Thanks for finding them.

As for L&J, I wonder if most people wonā€™t even let them join, so thereā€™s a lot of content people will miss. Same as for the dependent. As for how to deal with them, I wanted to give a spectrum of options, not just simple good vs. evil options.

@Nathan_32 glad you enjoyed it and received a positive ending. I admit maybe needing to go back and fix some endings.

Iā€™d say as of now, it REALLY depends on what happens in the morning. The first 3 times I played through Lyle and Jillianā€™s scenes, I never even suspected them. It wasnā€™t until I went to the forums for feedback that I realized something was up with them. It really takes some doing to actually get them to reveal themselves at night and want to stay with you. Unless youā€™re actively trying to get them to reveal themselves, itā€™s unlikely that an average player will uncover it on his/her first playthrough.

Side note: Why does civilized decrease to depraved so much for killing zombies? I think through the soldier path I was down to the lower 60s because I tried to fight zombies when they either threatened that one female soldier, or my Nephew.

So Iā€™m not 100% on American security organisations but shouldnā€™t the woman in the scientist path be CIA? Given what I know (from movies - real credible I know sarcasm) that seems more appropriate than FBI.

@Iggles yeah I have a character that has no problem killing zombies, for practical reasons (it could lead to one less survivor infected or more food). Killing survivors on the other hand is a no-no, unless there is no other choice.

Eh, itā€™s really up to @JimDā€™s discretion in this case. FBI is supposed to handle domestic federal investigations while the CIA is supposed to be our international intelligence apparatus. I use supposed, because honestly thereā€™s more than enough wiggle room that @JimD could use either or in this case and itā€™d be believable and accurate.

Good point about the practical/idealism factoring into killing zombies and the like. On my police officer playthrough I tried to kill as many zombies as possible in an attempt to protect civilization (my partner, the coffee shop people, etc.) I agree 100% with survivors though. Once you start abusing, killing, or robbing other survivors, you should take serious hits to depraved.

@Iggles your feedback is really helpful, and Iā€™m wondering if I should make L&J a bit more redeeming or tweak things so itā€™s easier to keep them and find out Lā€™s secret. Otherwise, lots of content is missed.

For civilized vs. depraved, my intention is that you take a few initial hits for killing zombies, but you lose less humanity over time. With soldiers, cops, and bank robbers, I had planned to lessen early humanity losses but just checked and need to tweak it.

@WolfieGrey FBI works in the US, while CIA is suppose to work outside the US under normal circumstances.

No problem. I also found a logic error in the soldier path. After you finish speaking to the Colonel on the phone, you hand the phone back and console the other soldier by saying that they had no choice, but the Colonel never tells you over the phone that the infected have no chance.

I think the finding out about them is solid but definately need some redeeming qualities considering without it I would always kill them to make sure they donā€™t screw with anyone else.

@Jimd Just did a solider playthrough and even though the colonel tells you the only way to take them down is with headshots, it doesnā€™t then set that variable as true - much to my surprise when dealing with the zombie at my house.

As the intelligence agency thatā€™s why I figured it would be them. Itā€™s said it was studied in Japan two years prior and the USA would have found someway to study it themselves. Itā€™s also mentioned that they have already taken samples.

As I said Iā€™m an outsider to these things, and a quick google search reveals they could be working together on this. But I found this:

The CIAā€™s job is to collect and analyze information (or ā€œintelligenceā€œ) from foreign countries about potential risks to our national security. The CIA then passes on that information to US government officials, such as the President, members of Congress or the US Department of Defense."

And figured it would be them for the reasons I mentioned above.

One thing you have to understand about the US three letter agencies though is that they operate in a highly compartmentalized manner. I met a guy who worked for the NSA and all he did was repair hard drives. He had no idea what was on them, where they came from, or how they would be used. They make actionable intelligence like an assembly line. The difference is on this assembly line all you do is rivet doors and all the other functions of the assembly and the finished products are secrets you arenā€™t allowed to know. Only a very select few high level analysts synthesize all the parts in their specific area of expertise. They then present a finding to the political leadership of the agency to present to national level political leadership. If you are a minion in one of these machines you donā€™t/shouldnā€™t know anymore than citizen Joe Sixpack. Now I know everyone is probably saying, ā€œWell what about Snowden?ā€ He deliberately violated the compartmentalization rules of the agency, risking federal prosecution, to get and keep the information he later disclosed.

The United States Agencies: So beurocratic that even the top beurocrats understand 1/10 of what goes on.

Futurama is right once again.

2 Likes

As an american even I donā€™t understand what weā€™re doing. Some donā€™t even care as long as thats not what opposing party is doing.
(We donā€™t have enough political parties for this democracy thing to work) btw when we establish a group in game I wonder if their will be some sort of politics.
Sadly I am allergic to politics. (My doctor says its an extension of my allergy to bad amounts of stupidity and ignorance)

I moved 14 posts to a new topic: You are literally killing me by misusing that word (and the evolution of language in general)

1 Like