For those who have read Zombie Exodus, thanks for helping with the beta! I really appreciate the thoughtful, thorough feedback. I will be submitting to CoG on Thursday or Friday, so thanks again for helping to test it.
For those who haven’t read it, go to http://zombieexodus.com/ if survival horror or zombie apocalypses interest you.
I have some ideas for going forward with Part 3 and 4 and want to throw out the ideas for feedback.
PLANS FOR THE GAME
I am considering building up the story as group survival instead of solo survival. You will be in part of a group of survivors in a “safe house.” Goals will be finding food, staying alive, securing the shelter, and getting other resources. There will be character stat building and group stat building. For example, your personal dexterity may improve and your group’s defense rating may improve.
I will allow players to be “good” or “evil”. Maybe you have always wanted to be the bad guy or gal in the story – this will allow it.
Many characters from Part 1 and Part 2 reappear: Mindy, Candace, Devlin, Jason, and of course Emma and Heather.
The real-time pace of Part 1 will change to greater intervals, mostly weeks.
So here are some questions for those willing to provide their opinions:
- Does the group survival sound interesting or does solo survival have more appeal?
- For this game, should there be more action (i.e. fighting zombies), more adventure (i.e. puzzles/problem solving), or more character building (i.e. focus on relationships and even romance).
- Should the pace be real-time or progress over time?
- Do you have a sense of the characters of Emma, Heather, and Devlin. Is there too limit character development so far, or just enough? Do you like them, hate them, don’t care, etc?
- Do you have a favorite scene from Part 1 or 2? How about least favorite?
Thanks for any feedback and please feel free to be as critical as you want, so that I can make this the best game possible.