Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven General Discussion (Part 3 beta coming in December)

Micheal Jacksons Thriller? The zombie and apocalypse related songs, books, games etc. the MC can choose when they decide to spend time on their hobby? Those are references too.

6 Likes

Thereā€™s a post apocalyptic book about zombies the MC can read if they have reading as a hobby, which seems quite similar to The Walking Dead comic book so yes thereā€™s a reference to zombie media.

7 Likes

I think theres a prepper thing as a background maybe or something?

I assume there are Zombie books and such genre floating around, and that this fictional world is bascially, as accurately as possible, supposed to be what would happen if we world around us, exactly the same, had a zombie apocalypse.

Hence why peppers, zombie books, etc. Would still exist, alongside old myths like wendgos

3 Likes

No new news and the forum is so silentšŸ˜¢

2 Likes

What news do you want? Jim gives each month a newsletter about his progress in his games.

He has a very busy schedule and a work. I recommend you that follow his social media and subscribe to his newsletter as each month gives great info.

Also as a person writing a small wip I can only imagine the hard work he has to do with this game the coding alone is a titanic effort. So he needs time to be quiet and deliver the game. We have to be patient.

What and why is your favourite place in all game?

5 Likes

@poison_mara Can you please tell me where i can see the news? , i donā€™t know where to look

1 Like

You are aware the link is at the top of the thread, right ? Go to his website. Better yet, join his paetron as Mara said.

3 Likes

Just write Jim Datillo in google.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://twitter.com/jimdattilo/status/980198212609945601%3Flang%3Des&ved=2ahUKEwig7ta04PXjAhUP8BQKHTdeAYAQFjAEegQIARAB&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw3dLtQV_sNriFG0NMzWlroM

He is Jim datillo in facebook too. I think the newsletter you can subscribe from Facebook. I a terrible at this technology stuff he also has a Patreon. Jim Datillo too.

3 Likes

You mean the website?. Truthfully i never checked the website thank for directing me there :+1:t3:

2 Likes

As advice learn your favorite writerā€™s name that you can search their media.

4 Likes

So I wanted to wait until it was completed, but I am just too excited. Here is the rough sketch of the art I am commissioning for my teen Juliette Wu. :grin: Before and after the zombie apocalypse.

29 Likes

Itā€™s really beautiful, well done !

3 Likes

Iā€™m currently working on expanding the character pages of the ZESH Wiki. Iā€™m reading the code but I donā€™t have access to all information. Currently somebody edited that Madison Milford has a brother named Jack Slim. The name Jack appears twice, in reference to Leather Jack a past serial killer and when Brody Refers to his ā€œUncle Jackā€™s Houseā€ when talking about a fund raising.

Iā€™m assuming Jack is their Uncle and not their brother however does anybody know if the last name Slim appears in any of the stories or is mentioned anywhere else?

3 Likes

Jack Slim turns up in the teenā€™s story as Madisonā€™s ā€œrobust older brotherā€ at the pool party. I donā€™t recall there being any mention of Slim after that.

3 Likes

In fact Ithought that those reference was a joke and not a real bro at all. Like they was making fun o a weird guy or something that is lurking them calling him brother in a nasty joke way.
Because if they really uad another brother with the family-focused they are they would have talked about him. And Brody who is really family man doesnā€™t say anything.

My own doubt is If Nephew uses glasses or not as they are described at least twice as Thick glasses then never again.
And have glasses is very important in Apocalypse as if they break could cause havok

1 Like

In the beginning of the farm scavenging mission in Chapter 6, the game says the twins have a hushed conversation where they mention both their parents and Jack Slim. And I wouldnā€™t really call them ā€˜family-focusedā€™ either-Maddie said that before the apocalypse, she and her brother avoided each other like the virus. It only took the collapse of the entirety of civilisation to bring them together.

And I donā€™t think that just because they donā€™t talk about him much doesnā€™t mean thay they werenā€™t related or they didnā€™t like him; maybe they just donā€™t wanna think about it cuz it hurts to do so or they want to focus on survival and force themselves past the grief stage.

4 Likes

They talk about their mother several times. I donā€™t know maybe jack is far older than themā€¦ or something but I donā€™t think that as a real brother Or maybe some stepbro or similar. And playing the teen origin I see both as quite a well relationship with each other and everything screams Made and Brodie has been them against the world previously the apocalypse The conflict seems to be with their mother and madison. Bu all depends entirely on how the player consider the relationship

1 Like

See I remember that conversation and the exact quote is ā€œOn the way, you see Brody is talking with Madison in quiet tones, but you overhear ā€œJackā€ and ā€œmom and dad.ā€ā€

They didnā€™t mention Slim just Jack.

The other mention of Jack is nearing the end of Part 1 when you talk to the Milford twins and say youā€™re angry. Brody says how their family tried to make sure things like the school incident wouldnā€™t happen and even gave to multiple fundraising events.

ā€œWell our parents do. And our uncles practically built this town and donated money to all the people running Nightfall. Hell, we met the governor when they threw that fundraiser at Uncle Jackā€™s house. Their jobs are to make sure things like this donā€™t happen and when they do they have to stop it.ā€

I also realize they have a large amount of Uncles since thereā€™s also the uncle that sexually harrased Gina so Iā€™ll add that later. Might work on Lopez first.

5 Likes

They do have a uncle that you can meet briefly in the shopping center if you are a home maker.

2 Likes

Ohh man you totally do Iā€™m sure oneā€™s uncle Nate, it even confirms that Nathaniel Milford knew the apocalypse was gonna happen and he was preparing himself, his niece and nephew. I just skimmed it but the business man in the store might have been Douglas Milford too.

Also found out Douglas Milford can sexually harass a Nurse MC.

4 Likes