Zombie 1713 (Updated 23/03/2019)

Your game, so obviously you can do what you want, but if we can have a zombie outbreak in the game, I don’t see why we can’t have female explorers. If people can suspend their disbelief enough to believe in zombies, they can certainly suspend it enough to believe in female explorers (who were, in fact real, even though they were quite rare and not nearly as famous).

7 Likes

There’s a lot of gender-locked games, I don’t think one more won’t hurt lol, if the author wants the game to be male gender locked, then it’s fine.

5 Likes

Gender-locked has less response than of those with gender-choice though…
And I do agree that it’s the author/writer’s choice but aren’t we supposed to give our responses/feedback/opinions/criticism?!?
That also means this talk 'bout gender-lock or gender-choice…

1 Like

You got my interest. Can’t wait to see the future of this game. I love games like this

In this case I think it’s OK since the author himself has said that he’ll change it if there’s enough interest (so presumably it’s good feedback to make that interest known), but it pays to be aware that generally, there’s a rule against discussing gender-locking in WIP threads. :slight_smile:

As for feedback for the game itself, I agree that unfortunately it’s a bit difficult to read as it is now. I don’t really think there’s a quick fix here, but you might find it helpful to run the text through an online spellchecker and grammar editor, which should at least take care of the typos, unnecessary spaces after punctuation, etc.

The history seems a little all over the place, as well — it’s the year 1713 (the Age of Exploration is generally regarded as lasting from the 15th to 17th centuries, by the way) but Elizabeth is queen? Shouldn’t it be Anne?

Finally, one bit about game design: here, you give the player the choice to run away, but if they choose this it turns out that they can’t do it after all. This is very frustrating and I recommend you avoid doing this sort of thing with choices (moreover, the narration nearly seems to be critcizing the player’s choice — “what, you thought of running away? What are you, a monster?”).

In general, it’s better to not have any choice at all rather than to choose Option B only to find out that nope, we’re doing Option A instead.

I do think this concept has a lot of potential, and I certainly hope you’ll develop the idea into a great game. :blush: Good luck!

5 Likes

Hi, thanks for feedback. regarding the choice you highlighted, doy ou think I should display success/failure wrt stats as mc can take inhuman action only if his humanity score is low and villainy is high.So mc will be able to run if his humanity is low(less than 50%)

2 Likes

That’s interesting, I hadn’t noticed the stats involved :thinking: (I just realized the game seems to be stuck loading when moving to the stats screen, but that might be dashingdon acting up as well if no one else’s had that issue).

Anyway, since this choice happens very early into the game, I think the way most games would handle that would be by lowering or increasing the humanity stat depending on whether you make the more humane choice. Then later in the game you can test against that stat for success / failure, but you need to let the player shape the stats in some way first, if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

By the way, I agree that the way it’s presented in the game now it’s very much a humane vs inhumane choice, but I think some players could want to run away not because they’re callous but because they’re not skilled in combat and might think they’re just going to be killed too, etc. so ideally having a range of options to account for why a character might act that way would be best. Or perhaps having more choices, like “I can’t fight, but I’ll create a distraction so she can escape”, or “I can think of a clever way to get an advantage here”, etc.

(You probably need the MC to help the noblewoman no matter what so you can get him to the party — in these cases, having a choice of why or how you help her can help disguise the fact that the actual outcome of the choice is preordained).

But hey, don’t let me tell you what to do! :stuck_out_tongue: You might want to wait until you get more feedback to know if these are things most readers agree with or if I’m just talking off my behind as usual.

5 Likes

This is a great concept! I love zombies in the past haha

Just to chime in on other’s thoughts, while it would be nice to have different genders selectable, it is your story, so do as you please :grin:

Good luck!

1 Like

@alif the stat page isn’t showing, are you still dealing with that?

1 Like

Hi @Bulk_Biceps , some users have indeed said that they have not been able to access stat page , I will update code in upcoming weeks. Thanks for feedback

1 Like

Hi all , new update on Zombie 1713 is live with gender choice , updated stat screen and extended chapter 1. Let me know of any feedback and criticisms.Enjoy and Cheers.

2 Likes

@moderators I am not able to edit this topic to update status of the game. Can you please guide me?

Done!

1 Like

@moderators I am now able to edit the post but still not able to edit the title to show that game is updated. Can you please help ?

What do you want it updating to?

1 Like

Set title to Zombie 1713 (Updated 23/03/2019). Thanks

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.