WW:U-- DLCs suggestions and feedback thread

Also, @poison_mara this is almost 100% for you tonight lol

The demonic mask tips upward, revealing a grinning Semryu from underneath. “Greetings, ${sem_nickname}. Blessed Ra’veina.”

“Spirit, Semryu do you have to scare me like that?” Letting out a huff, you must admit even flipped up on his head that mask of his is unsettling.

“Oh, but frights are the tradition.” The Clansman chuckles deeply. “At least, for those who are deserving.”

“Deserving?”

“Yes.” His grin widens, like a cat happening upon a mouse. “The thinning of the Veil is Ra’vien’s night in the Clan Lands-- why we call it Ra’viena. She is Rhean’s Aspect, the night phoenix, the Punisher of the unrighteous and deliver of karmic justice. We honor her by taking to the streets, banishing true demons and inciting fear into the hearts of the wicked on earth.”

“By wearing masks and jumping out at random people.”

“No, that’s just harmless chuckle-fodder.” He laughs with a shrug. “The true event involves pranks done on the wicked so they might change their ways before the real Ra’vien comes to collect her due.”

“So… you pull pranks on people all night.”

“No,” he holds up a finger for emphasis, " only those who deserve it. We do not punish the undeserving."

“And who deserves it tonight?”

His grin returns in earnest. “Want to find out?”

7 Likes

ohhhh, Sem :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I’ve always been on the platform of interactions with your family in the form of letters or whatnot. If it’s the special holiday possibly a letter from them on how to celebrate the holiday for your specific Nation/Way properly or even going into an Embassy and being able to send them a message or receive one from them. It would certainly be interesting/entertaining to see how celebrations would be if you’ve were from Nor’wah and friends/romantic partners with Sem considering the conflict between the two nations.

1 Like

What if you made some romance epilogue styled DLCs to release after wwu3?
I’m reasoning that it might take away some if the pressure when it comes to creating One ending that most likely will satisfy most but not all readers depending on their playstyle and choices. An MC/Sem epilogue just playing through some ideas/scenes that you yourself have when imagining what happened after wwu3.

Other fun ideas for DLCs have already been mentioned above, such as a DLC surrounding a fun event like the Halloween party/ball, festivals an other events, it’s always fun to read and play ^.^

Keep up the good work! :hibiscus:

2 Likes

SO, i’m fiddling with the Semryu portion of Halloween night, and i can’t decide what the story is behind whomever he and the MC are gonna prank. I want it to be kinda minor, like nothing too evil, but still worthy of being prank-scared to death by Semryu. Any suggestions?

It’s been a while since I played, but isn’t Sem a “vampire?” Maybe have them trick some new to town, first year type student (Someone that would believe in a stereotypical vampire) into thinking they’re being hunted/chosen to be sacrificed kinda thing :grin:

Somthing with a headless horseman chasing you or maybe exploxing pumkins? Lol

1 Like

No this would be someone outside of the school, in the city, who is either some kind of jerk or low level criminal that would be targeted to “scare them straight” sort of thing

1 Like

How about a pickpocket or mugger? Say, your family sent you a gift and it was stolen, so the goal is to teach the person a lesson and retrieve your gift. Since it’s Halloween, it would fit that “they stole my candy so let’s get revenge” trope. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’m all for the classical Scrooge ploy, scaring some too cruel or miserly merchant or minor noble straight with mc and Sem’s “ghost” act. :grinning: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Halloween usually means spirits and ghosts so possibly tricking them with the spirit of someone they wronged? As in say they stole something from a person that they needed to survive and without it they died. They got conned out of it such as money for food or housing and they couldn’t get it back and perished. Makes me think of something like the Little Match Girl in a way.

1 Like

That’s sort of the line I was thinking but I’m worried it’s overdone? Like, I want that idea but not sure the specifics…should it be a crooked business man or something else more evil? I kinda want to work in like a misogynistic angle but not certain how to approach that. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

What if it’s a merchant or something who cheated one of our female friends? Then she went back to confront him and he was a condescending jerk (“you’re being hysterical”) etc. So we’re pranking him for JUSTICE as well as REVENGE.
That’s a power fantasy for anyone who was over charged by mechanics :joy:

1 Like

@WayWalkerLeigh
a romance dlc for illyan and our mc and something it lacks is a way to kick clays ass pretty badly (maybe injuring him even if we are red) i know we can beat him in a way but i never liked that type of beating it feel too weak , id like something more badass.

A minor noble “playboy” who treats his “conquests” and servants like trash maybe? :thinking:
A handsome young guy is at least visually different from old Scrooge.

Meh, I’d rather have DLC where Sem and mc (and/or the other ro’s too) visit mc’s home and family in or after book3 when we know at least something of magic.

4 Likes

Unfortunately an illyan romantic plotline just isn’t feasible as A) she’s in prison the whole Ruddy game and B) the age difference is too considerable.

@Jackrabbit that might be fun :sweat_smile:
@idonotlikeusernames also might work. Hurm, maybe I’ll make a choice of it…I can imagine Sem would have a long list of wrong doers lol

okay, so this is what i’ve got idea-wise atm for our prank target:

1)misogynistic business owner-- restaurant/pawn shop?

2)state-run orphanage person who treats the kids crapy/skims some of the money

3)corrupt/overzealous tar’ka-besh

i’m debating making it a *choice of who you take, though i’m reaaaaalllly tempted to do the tar’ka-besh but first i need to decide if that’s even possible given how powerful they are/not really easy to scare they are. I mean, the other two targets would be non-Talents so scaring them and getting away with it would be far, far easier. But going after an asshat guard is just sooooooo Semryu’s wheelhouse (and mine) that i really wanna do it but i really dont know how :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Sad the minor nobleman didn’t make it. I’d say do the guard, I mean Sem and the mc already have reason enough to dislike many of those guards.

A cute young one? Just want something different visually from the old Scrooge aesthetic there.

1 Like

The jerky businessman could still be a noble…:grin: And technically this is before all the Illyan mess so they don’t quite hate them so much yet :sweat_smile:

I’m also thinking of making the guard be someone the two of you take on along with another, older Rheanic Way Walker to make it a bit more possible/probable. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Well, would a Jun romance DLC be more feasible, given that they’re the same age and not in prison? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like