I have this idea for a CoG, and figured i’d run it by the community to see if it was a good one.
Basically, you play an everyday high school student. You’re not some monster hiding among the humans, or some terrorist turned student. Just your everyday average teenager.
One night, when you go to sleep, you find yourself having a strange dream where multiple people from your school show up, such as your best friend Lucas, or the school delinquent Daryl, or popular girl Katlynn.
The next day, you find out your friend had the same dream, as did the others you saw in the dream.
Basically, you and the rest of the main cast are selected by the Sandman to help stop the dreamworld from being consumed by nightmares by finding the one responsible, a man named Jonathan who fell into a coma and is permanently trapped in the Dreamworld, and waking him up.
Characters would include:
- Lucas, the MC’s best friend (Who loves animals!)
- Daryl, the quiet delinquent with a hidden past
- Katlynn, the Queen of Greybell High (and the tsundere of this bunch)
- Melodie, the foreign student (Who has to communicate through a Google Translate like app on her phone)
- Kai, the school’s new idol (Star Athlete, Perfect Grades, that kind of thing)
- Tara, the Dream Girl (Literally)
- Mr. Summerfell, the Teacher everyone loves having or wish they had
- Sandy, the Sandman (Who else would a person named Sandy be? A squirrel?)
The first six characters above would also be the ROs.
Half the game would take place in the “Real” world, and the other half would take place in the Dream World, which you would enter whenever you go to sleep.
I kind of like this idea, and was wondering if i should go though with it and try to make it into a WiP.