[WIP] Such Happy Campers (DEMO UPDATED April 4th, 3 chapters, 64.385 words)

I’ve begun work on my new game Such Happy Campers. In it, you play a counselor at the beautiful Camp Solace! Your job is to plan and oversee a cabin camping holiday for kids. Working closely (and if you want, very closely) alongside your four co-workers, you have to make sure nothing… goes wrong in this rather solitary location.

You are, after all, surrounded by woodland.

One might not hear you scream for miles and miles.

ROs:
Basil Laurier — The Heir

• height: 5 ft 8 (172 cm)
    Basil is slim and athletic with artfully shaggy hair dyed in brown and gold layers. Style: boho; flowy fabrics, natural colors. Harmonious, optimistic, outgoing… mildly bratty, but very caring.

Anita Merrick — The Scholar

• height: 5 ft (152 cm)
    Anita is very petite. She has white blonde hair, pale skin and gray eyes that are magnified by her large round glasses. Style: light academia. Studious, shy, sometimes haughty.

Reem Malak — The Musician

• height: 6 ft (182 cm)
    Reem is toned and curvy with tawny skin, brown eyes and bobbed black hair. Style: Grunge. Bold, idealistic, extroverted. Dumbest sense of humor. Flo’s older half-sister.

Flo Malak — The Fighter

• height: 6 ft 4 (193 cm)
    Flo is very muscular with tawny skin, long black hair and a well-groomed beard. He has sectoral heterochromia. Style: whatever fits. Restrained, gentle, quiet. Struggles with social cues.

That said, this is my first interactive fiction game.
Currently it’s about 25% (3 Chapters, 64.385 words) done, and I plan on updating every three to four weeks.

To play the updated demo, go here: DEMO
Last update: 4/4/2024 — Chapter 3 + added personality stats + added reputation stats

Genres: Horror, romance, adult fiction, gender-choice

173 Likes

Just started reading, and I already enjoy what you have so far quite a bit. I know what I’ll be reading on my commute back home. The only remark I have for now is that I’d like to see a header for the prologue and the first chapter. It will make it a bit clearer when you (as the player) first start to read from your point of view.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for the kind words! I’m really happy you’re enjoying the demo!! Like, extremely happy. The header is… a very good point, actually! It means I’ll need to throw together something pretty, though. I’ll figure it out :smiley: Again, thank you very much for the input.

3 Likes

I like the demo so much :heart::heart::heart:, can’t wait for more :rose:.

1 Like

Woah, that was great! You have great style, the one I love. I’ll stay here, waiting for next demos and one day full release.

1 Like

this seems really fun! Your writing style is immaculate! :grin:

There was so much customization, I loved it!

1 Like

I like it, but I have question, if we didn’t choose anyone romantically after the fair, we’ll be locked forever over a romance in the game or there’ll be more opportunities?

4 Likes

Oh no, there will be plenty of time to make up your mind! There’s going to be at least one more opportunity to enter a romance for every character! Also, I’m toying with the idea of possibly having the ROs fall first (granted the MC behaves in a way they really approve of) but I’m not sure just yet. To answer your question, no, you will not be locked out!!

I’m very happy you liked it!

7 Likes

Oh thanks, I was afraid after I saw the greyed out choices, It was a good start, good luck with the project

1 Like

It will be great if the ros can fall for the mc first :heart_eyes:, will there be a ros point of view​:smiling_face_with_tear:?

5 Likes

This was literally so gud, i had so much fun reading this :sob:, the only thing I wanted to ask was whether you could potentially add a RO list in ur summary :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Hi, so… that is a great idea that I had not thought of at all for some reason. I really want to include an RO list but now I can’t seem to figure out how to edit the summary. I hate to bother you with this, but since you brought it up, do you happen to know how?

2 Likes

Hello! It’s the forum software, it doesn’t allow new users to edit their posts by default - I’ve made the first post a wiki so you can edit it.

2 Likes

Hi! So first off, thank you! I’m an enjoyer of your work so it’s kind of awesome to be texting you. Okay, so… I still can’t seem to edit it for some reason? The only difference I see is that there is an icon that says the post was last edited half an hour ago by you.
I’m really confused. I’m sorry to be a bother but am I missing something here?

Hi and welcome to the community.

Hannah has turned your first post into a Wiki (which is what her “edit” was), which means you should be able to edit the first post now.

Unfortunately, there is a forum software bug that sometimes prevents new users or those that drop below user trust level 2 to be able to edit past posts.

At the bottom of the post there should be a new icon labelled “Edit” in the lower right of the post that allows you to edit it.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome.

So, I’m probably embarassing myself quite a bit right now, but I swear I cannot see that edit-icon. I have tried reloading the page, I’ve clicked everything just to make sure, but I cannot find the edit-option.

The only things I see in the bottom right is how many people liked the post, the copy link-option, the bookmark-option and the reply-option.

Edit: I seem to be able to edit my replies now though. I’m not sure that was possible before.

1 Like

This is what I see when I view the first post:

Edit: The only thing I can think of is that your account was still so new that we had to get you a few more posts under your belt before the system updated.

1 Like

Hm… I don’t see the edit-icon, and also I don’t see the three dots or the flag. What does that mean about the posts? Is there anything I can do?

1 Like

The three dots lead to moderator stuff, its no biggy that you don’t see those.

The lack of the edit button though mystifies me, so I’ll need to ask others for some help.

Maybe other @moderators would have a better idea than I on this.

1 Like

I suppose I’ll just wait for more answers then? Either way, thank you very much.

1 Like