Which WIP would you bring back from the dead?

Tale of two cranes, easy. Tho I’ve no idea what’s even going on with that game anymore so im not even sure if it counts as “dead” but it feels like it’s on a limbo or sumthing ;-;

12 Likes

neither author has been on the forum since late 2019. I’m not sure what happened, I was a fan too

5 Likes

oh guys I’m so sorry, this whole thread can be summed up in one line:
“That’s rough buddy”

I always try not to scroll too much near the bottom of the WIP’s timeline cause man some “last seen” on such amazing WIPs really sting… but boredom gets the better of me from time to time and then i cry :sneezing_face:

31 Likes

It was supposed to be released as a CoG since it took 2nd place in the contest that was held like… 3 or 4 years ago in 2019 then pushed back to last year until it was taken off of the 2020 release list. So it’s probably dead at this point unfortunately

11 Likes

I don’t know if the The Oval Office is dead or not but it is one WIP that I would like to see more of

5 Likes

Guinevere. Def. Like I remember being able to play it a lot before because it’s complete-ish or at least it was long enough to be a book 1… I’m not sure if it’s dead though, but I haven’t seen it in a long while.

Edit: I totally forgot about team zero! Right ugh I miss that too. This is the batman-like story right? Oh gosh I feel so old tbh hahaha memories!

13 Likes

This is the game you’re thinking of Forgotten. - v0.113 // A mental health focused mercenary story. Updated: 20th of August

Personally one I really enjoyed was called fearless, where the mc could see people’s greatest fears over their shoulder. Not a lot of games actually focus on gender that much so it definitely stood out.

2 Likes

From Ashes We Rise. That was one of the first WiPs I ever played, and I loved it lol

9 Likes

does anyone remember that WIP “when in rome”??? really showing my age but i haven’t seen it mentioned here and it was really amazing! i think about it a lot still actually, so sad it was never completed. also the obligatory team zero mention

16 Likes

Oh, one of the authors replied to my dm asking about it and said they’re still working on it but it’s taking so long cause life.

23 Likes

To be quite honest, I miss all the WIPs which I read and which do not seem to have received any recent updates! :stuck_out_tongue:

It is quite difficult to pinpoint a select few, especially if one were to go back further in time to consider all the delightful pieces that used to – and, in some cases, still do – exist, and particularly so if one were to expand the definition of “dead” to include “dormant.”

For relatively recent works that have not been updated for some time, there are a few that tend to come to mind immediately. That does not mean I do not dearly miss the other works; I do, and wish all their authors great health, wealth, and luck! Rather, I would particularly love seeing these three updated. :sparkling_heart:

1. Guenevere
    • This one is, fortunately, merely dormant. I truly hope that @jeantown is doing well and will be able to pursue their dream of writing again sooner rather than later! I look forward to seeing more of this sublime work and would be glad to wait as long as necessary. :revolving_hearts:
  2. Children of the Gods
    • I am naturally devastated that @Rohie was not able to continue this project, but I wish them the absolute best in their life and future endeavors! :purple_heart:
  3. The Seven Heirs of Ophaesia
    • This one is also merely dormant, propitiously. I genuinely wish @Fawkes all the best, and eagerly but patiently await any and all updates and teasers to tide us over until then. :two_hearts:
30 Likes

Fox of Sunholt hands down. I was absolutely in love with that WIP, from the world building to the characters.
Camille Tazani was and still is my favorite RO of all times from WIPs to released games. Something about those characters and how real they felt made that one the most memorable work in the forums for me and the hope of seeing it again someday is what brings me back to the forum always.
The author was also incredibly nice to everyone and funny, i hope they’re well and I only wish all the best for them! Still would like to see them coming back someday, and until there I’ll still be waiting xD

19 Likes

Oh my i totally forgot about this!

This is great update! Will patiently wait as well :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Freak: Amidst the Neon Lights

18 Likes

I loved both of those, and grieve their losses constantly.

1 Like

I always miss calling of metems hollow, it was amazing!!! Werewolves and magic!

5 Likes

Last I checked it wasn’t dead, the author just had some health issues.

It’s been almost a year of no activity, but I always hold out hope it’ll come to life again.

Well most WIPs mentioned here aren’t dead they are just in hiatus.