What 2018 Titles Are You Most Looking Forward To?

I am glad to hear this. Historically during that time such romances did exist although below the radar, so there is no reason it couldn’t be done in Gilded Rails. I didn’t want to give false hope so I did not respond thus to Idon’t. So thank you for stepping up and answering.

As this title is one I am waiting for, I am waiting until release day to play it from start to finish. I don’t want any spoilers. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Historical games are never an exception to this rule.

6 Likes

I’m dying to get my hands on Choice of Magics. Robots was amazing so I’m eager to see what the author can do with a fantasy story since I tend to prefer them to sci-fi.

@idonotlikeusernames It looks like Platinum Package has been pushed back or otherwise removed from the 2018 release list but I copied the description while it was there.

“Platinum Package: In progress. In the elite world of high net-worth individuals, someone has to make the impossible happen. By Emily Short.”

1 Like

RE: Choice of Magics,

Beware the murder golem. :smiling_imp:

CoG
The Mysteries of Baroque
Gilded Rails
I feel like horror/romance are a little underrepresented

HG
Gladiator: Road to the Colosseum
The Price of Freedom
Both games talk about gladiators, but in different ways and I find it so interesting
The Grim and I
Because it has a unique story

2 Likes

Definitely fallen hero 2. CHOICES of rebels 2. Lords of infinity. The price of freedom. Champion of God’s sequel and well tbh I look forward to most choices and hosted game tbh if they are good :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We’re all looking forward to those too, but I’m not sure any of them except maybe The Price of Freedom will be out this year.

3 Likes

I’m really excited for The Price of Freedom since I played the original version on Chooseyourstory.

1 Like

Gotta disappoint you there buddy, with @Havenstone development cycle it will be good but it won’t be a 2018 release either. My hopes are for 2021, which would still be a lot faster than part 1.

3 Likes

How long as it been since XoR first appeared on the forums? I remember seeing it around the time when I started lurking.

Well, damn, I mean, the first XOR may have taken 6-7 years to write, but that’s not indicative. Writing the first book of the series is in many ways a lot more than writing one book. Outlining the series as a whole, pinning down its ultimate goals, worldbuilding, setting and consistency and themes and and and… Basically all the work done on the first volume pays forward into each future installment.

Writing is still hard, and a lot could happen, but XOR 1 only came out last year and I see no reason to assume that XOR 2 won’t be out until, IDK, 2024.

3 Likes

I laughed at this and then cried

1 Like

It’s also worth considering that as the series goes on, keeping track of the branches, variables, and relationships within the games will probably get more complicated. XOR 2 doesn’t have all the planning of the series on it’s head, but it won’t necessarily be easier to write than XOR 1 was

2 Likes

Yeah, you can’t really tell in advance. Sometimes life happens, and you know. I was mainly thinking of the Harry Potter series, but that’s not really a good equivalence. I was just trying to point out that “seven years per installment” isn’t good math.

1 Like

Everything is good as long as @Havenstone doesn’t subtitle XoR 2 as Winds of Winter.

3 Likes

I’d say Lords of Infinity even though I know the likelihood of a 2018 release is as feasible as building a space elevator.

What with part 2 already? If he wants to do something like that the really mean thing would to do it with part 5, around 2040. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

that would probably part 4 and make it even more brutal so that it has the capability to destroy the final phases of the rebellion

I started writing it in early 2011, joined the forums in October that year, and posted XoR for the first time in August 2013.

And I did promise that Game 1 would come out before Winds of Winter. We’ll see about Game 2.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is… Winter is coming?