Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

ROFL

…+20 character limit

2 Likes

In your past life did you know the past version of Semryu? If yes in what way?

Speaking of Illiyan If she does get between me and Semryu Red or not I’ll kill her, I dont know how because my main way is Desmoulein but still I’ll kill her.

I also have the same problem like that of Mara’s Beleskie character, mine is Desmoulein named Athelas(a medicinal herb from Lord of the Rings) but I kinda feel useless since I have all this knowledge about healing but In the game there’s no way I can use this or apply this in situations that I deemed it most useful like after the attack on the theatre and duel It would be nice if I can lend a helping hand in treating the injured like some sort of volunteer assistant or apprentice.

Also maybe with your healing you can lessen the effect of your wounded stat.

I just announced in the FB fanpage that I’ve started the outline of the MC in a past life regression with Semryu. ^.^ the purpose of this is to “gain some skills you once knew” in order to help in the final fight for Illyan. Its not laid in stone yet, but the plan is that there will be multiple lesser and super skills the MC can try and retain back into their current incarnation. You be able to use these skills reguard less of if they fit the current MC-- so if u are a healer but pick up the skill to be a sniper with a bow, your MC will be able to use it despite a low kubesh or rhean. (Stat for success for past-skills will be feator or Montage)

Should be helpful. :wink:

6 Likes

I hope Includes poison!! poison is awesome!! . Now seriously, I want to see how red twists other ways, like a Desmolean red will poison instead cure his rivals. A rhean would become an assassin ninja… Beleskie a Black widow. I mean until now red was a handicap that makes Jun kill me. Oh, and Turning Sem to red could be so great … Anyway I hope there will be achievements they are so fun to play

I see an opportunity to expand on Red leanings here :smiley:

Unfortunately I won’t be able to do all that in WWU, but the hope and goal is ill eventually be able to do Way of games and make Red options through them all.

And yes, it involves poisoning. :wink:

4 Likes

Lol soory but that’s just a straight up no. Far too much to code. :stuck_out_tongue:

-______- oh alright mmkay

Somehow I imagined that the ‘chasing after vibrations’ situation similar to ‘microwave oven to blame for mystery signal that left astronomers stumped’ and it make the scene 200% more funnier (although i know it’s supposed to be part of the plot) :joy:

and naming your angel ‘Batman’ is equally funnily horrible and awkward at the same time :speak_no_evil: can’t imagine the broody man to exclaim gleefully the L-word

4 Likes

Mine was vageta which was just hilarious

4 Likes

My standing fan submitted angel name is “sparkle-fariry”. " I’m sure it’s an appropriate and very respectable name". XD

8 Likes

Very very respectable. And 100% accurate :joy::clap:

We should all gather ‘round and share our Guardians’ names. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

My Guardians’ names change every time, depending on the playthrough. But on my very first playthrough I wanted a custom name and couldn’t think of one, so I went with Cas, since my roommate was watching Supernatural.

Ever since then, if I can’t think of a particular name, I just go with Cas.

4 Likes

After your reply, last night i decided to stop being a little ***** and re-played the game. I did so, named my angel guide Navi and went with the goody two shoes choices like always. I have to say i had a blast. props to you on this amazing interactive novel. 10/10 ign like skyrim butt with swords. I also found a lot of similarities with a book called Magisterium. The description reads this : Most kids would do anything to pass the Iron Trial.

Not Callum Hunt. He wants to fail.

All
his life, Call has been warned by his father to stay away from magic.
If he succeeds at the Iron Trial and is admitted into the Magisterium,
he is sure it can only mean bad things for him.

So he tries his best to do his worst - and fails at failing.

Now
the Magisterium awaits him. It’s a place that’s both sensational and
sinister, with dark ties to his past and a twisty path to his future.

The Iron Trial is just the beginning, for the biggest test is still to come
In the story Callum fights Chaos Followers ( Red Followers) and even turns out to be SPOILER Callum was the strongest chaos wielder in his past life , also all the teachers are called masters. LOL the book had alot of similarities.

2 Likes

Sweet! :slightly_smiling:

And yeah, i always surprised how much authors still manage to do similar things despite never reading each others work-- I could tell you stores about all the things i’d been forced to change over the years because some famous author got it published before me XD

4 Likes

Don’t you know there is no such thing as true originality anymore there is only relative originality.
Anyway I enjoyed you previous games very much and good luck. yay “Vampire kitty” he is great.

2 Likes

Can one of these be summoning a whale above our enemies.

I know summoning isn’t actually a magic in the world but I need this. Summoning large creatures 50ft in the air above things has been my go-to way to kill stuff since I started D&D.

On a more serious note, this does sound like a very neat idea. I have a question regarding it however. Will all the options presented be past lives, or do we have some measure over what we were in a past life so we can pick if we were some Rhean Sniper or Kubesh Berserker? As great as the Jun-regression was, I was kind of annoyed it basically picked the life I lived immediately before this one.

1 Like

Um… while I’m sure rosin and rheanics could use portals I do have to point out that summon monster and animal spells explicitly state they are summoned on the ground lol. Oh, but then again just because oh hey portal doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get anything just meandering through haha.

They didn’t in First Edition. My group lets me get away with it every once in a while even in 5E, it’s tradition at this point.

I don’t think Portals exist in WW universe either, I could be wrong. I know there are teleportation spells but that seems to be the extent of it.

1 Like

Actually summoning is possible, but very, very difficult as it involves the moving of organic matter, which is what EMs have the hardest time with-- essp organics that aren’t their own and they don’t have physical contact with. (no mage can create organic matter from nothing, for example) However, very powerful EMs can teleport someone or something living to their current location, so long as they are specifically aware of the exact person/animal they were bringing to them. Some stupid powerful mages can do this with simple focus, but most need a bit of the person or whatever’s hair, or perhaps a picture in order to manage it. So yr character would have to have a specific whale he’d be friendly with along with a picture of it and/or a bit of it’s hair or flubber or something in order to preform the summon. XD hence, why it won’t be a gain-able skill.

There will be options. With Jun, the nature of the MC had to be much more specific in order to manage Jun’s side of the story-- as well as the hints the MC had been getting about their past if they’d had a high Feator in the previous game. With the pest-life regress with Sem, while some things will be set in stone (such as your relationship with Sem and the MCs country of origin), the actual personality of the MC is much more mutable-- and as of now i have 4 set personalities and skill-sets the MC can choose from as they ‘remember’ what they were int he past. it also gives the MC a chance to pick skills that are different from their current MC’s stas if they wish, to better balance the character. :wink:

The current personalities are: diplomat, hunter-stalker, Mage, and exorcist. Might be subject to change, but for now thats what i’m working with. :wink:

7 Likes