Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

Oh, and portals totally exist, though they are static-- read Tangled Paths or just look up spatial magic in the glossary.

2 Likes

Sounds good so far, I understand why Jun’s had to be the way it was and I was willing to suspend my agency for the sake of the narrative, but I’m glad to know there will be options. Have we ever been any other race, or are people only reincarnated as the same race they have always been? Thanks for the clarification on portals, I keep meaning to read Tangled Paths but life keeps getting in the way : (

Your lack of support for Human-Whale Friendships displeases me. What about inorganic matter, could I just drop a building on someone? Preferably a whale-shaped building.

2 Likes

If course you can be another race. In the Sem past life, the MC is a full ki’ra instead of human.

theres no lack of support, you’d just need to have a very good relationship with said whale. You’d also need to put him back when you were done.

And theoretically, yes, you could. But it’d be difficult based on building size and complexity. and if there were people or plants indie of it.

To be honest, it’s easier to just to drop a large rock on their head. really.

2 Likes

“Hunter-stalker”

“Stalker”

(ಠ ͜ʖಠ) I’m coming for you Sem

xD

6 Likes

I think that our MC should be able to start a relationship with someone in WW3. I know we can in the second one, but I tried for Jun and didn’t get a another chance ;.; That or the MC should get the option to confess their undying love for Jun, even if he/she is brutally rejected…again. For closure.

As much as I’d love to do that, I’m afraid the coding alone would be just too difficult to bring in a new relationship at this point in the plot.

And as far as declaring yr love of Jun, well, lets just say Juns plotline isn’t that easy to work in either, given what the poor thing is going through. XD that and Jun is just a bit too into Ay’cure (a) and I just don’t have the heart to write an in-depth scene of the MC getting rejected, again. DX

1 Like

Where is poisoner? In diplomat? I am imaging a Black widow lubrean using persuasive Beleski and poison to conquest the world 007 license to negotiate.

Poisoning illyan has nothing to do with he past lives. :wink:

2 Likes

But being a poisoner 007 beleski spy sounds far better than being a boring hippie beleski diplomat, just saying :wink:

1 Like

That boring beleskie dimplomant can shatter people’s ear drums with a song. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So she sings na na poison POISON POISON !!! Hmm cool poison songs… Rock band beleski Poison!!

2 Likes

I just stuck with a character who died, it wasn’t nearly as bad as I’d thought it’d be. In fact, I think it gave them more depth and maybe a bit more understanding of the world? Thank god for Jun and Sem is all I’m saying.

Edit: Started another run (I think I might be obsessed?) and I did a drama audition for a minor acting role with a high Beleskie, everyone was falling over themselves saying how wonderful I was, but just got a chorus part. Do I need a high Bree rating to get a better thing?

1 Like

My guess would be that A, he doesn’t know yet, and B, you haven’t read the forum rules yet, otherwise you wouldn’t be asking that particular question. You see, it’s pretty much forbidden to ask for a release date, though we’ll let it slip since you’re new and all :wink:(Forum rules: FAQ - Choice of Games Forum)

3 Likes

yes, that is very much the point-- in Way Walkers the ‘win’ scenario isn’t always the most interesting one. :slight_smile:

And yes, you need a pretty high bree to get the position you were trying for-- next time try to tryout for the major role and see if you get the minor part. it’s an oddity of the coding, sadly, but it’s still works mostly XD

2 Likes

[quote=“WayWalkerLeigh, post:826, topic:1817, full:true”]
Its not laid in stone yet, but the plan is that there will be multiple lesser and super skills the MC can try and retain back into their current incarnation. You be able to use these skills reguard less of if they fit the current MC-- so if u are a healer but pick up the skill to be a sniper with a bow, your MC will be able to use it despite a low kubesh or rhean. (Stat for success for past-skills will be feator or Montage) [/quote]

Cool, I look forward to having my MC pick up whatever awesome (or at least useful) skills he had in his past lives :grinning:

[quote=“Sylfaen, post:841, topic:1817, full:true”]
Can one of these be summoning a whale above our enemies.[/quote]

I’m not sure if the world of Way Walkers is ready for a ‘Summon Bigger Fish’ spell: http://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0208.html XD
(I suppose it technically should be be ‘Summon Bigger Mammal’ here though :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Since my Main MC is Beleskie centric I’ve been debating whether to go with Mage or Diplomat. This was all I needed to go diplomat, shattering the resolves of all my opponents with one sentence is a trait I live for in RPGs. Charisma FTW

1 Like

Can there be like elemental magic like Sem has?

I’m going to guess not as he is a special talent to do that you don’t Learn to do it

Update! http://waywalkersguide.com/2016/02/25/offical-release-date-for-broken-city/

9 Likes

Yay the next book :smiley::smiley:

1 Like