Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

Either way I’m super excited for it to come out whenever it does but if it is indeed the 22nd best birthday surprise ever :black_heart:

1 Like

Halloween DLC is Live! Repeat: Halloween DLC is Live!

12 Likes

Saw the announcement and I ran to get it I’m excited :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

1 Like

I’m soooo excited I can’t wait!

3 Likes

I’ve got a small snippet from WWU3 on patreon for all to see! Check it out, and if you want to see more, join the patreon-- if we reach the push goal, i’ll release the BIG playable preview for the birthday party for all patreons! :smiley:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/preview-sneak-43409939?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copy_to_clipboard&utm_campaign=postshare

6 Likes

Check out the newest public sneak peek!
https://www.patreon.com/posts/42592914

4 Likes

Patreon Dec Posts schedule!
https://www.patreon.com/posts/44552296

2 Likes

Sign up for the Patreon and check out this amazing Q&A post detailing the winter celebrations on the Continent!
https://www.patreon.com/posts/44695602

4 Likes

Hey can anyone pls tell me all the female characters I can date I am curious and also how to get an affair to remember and healing hands and how to defeat the dragon wraith all by myself

Hello! You can date Shelly and Kess in the second game WW:U 2, for “An Affair to Remember” you need to try and join the newspaper club and investigate the juicy scandal with high montage and rhean, and I’m fairly sure it’s impossible to beat the Dragon Wraith all by your lonesome - you’re a first year student after all :sweat:

hope this helps!

2 Likes

Currently female dateables are Kess or Ay’cura if Jun is male, and Shelly.

Afair to remember I believe you have to actually catch Master Calvin in his affair (newspaper club arch) but I don’t recall the exact stats you need.

Healing Hands you need to be high Dez and heal the dumb kid who eats the rotten berry in Empathy Class.

You cannot defeat the dragon wraith by yourself you are 14. You can beat it if you free Illyan. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lol beat me to it @lunehare

3 Likes

Thank you that was helpful @lunehare and @WayWalkerLeigh

1 Like

Wait but if I can’t beat the dragon why was that canon for dwyn lol;) @WayWalkerLeigh

Dwyn doesn’t beat the wraith. Dwyn confidently attempts to beat the wraith and then dies :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Dammm that is cold:)

2 Likes

Dwyn comes back 🤷 lol

2 Likes

Bad news, you died.

Good news, you got better.

7 Likes

Mostly better. There might be a few side effects…lol

2 Likes

Side effects ok yeah now I am more curious

I know I’m a bit late, but I just finished the series for the first time in a few years with the new DLC, and I wanted to leave my feedback on it. This will probably be an unpopular opinion here, but I did not like the DLC.

The most obvious issue with it is the disruption to the game’s pacing. The new content is all in one big block and nearly doubles the original game’s length. Aside from a shared setting and characters, the DLC story has little to do with the plot of the game. The DLC puts the story the game has been telling on hold for several hours in exchange for something completely unrelated. This makes the DLC feel very disconnected from the rest of the game, which is not a good thing considering it’s embedded in the middle of it. The problem is further exacerbated by the time frame it takes place in; while the original game takes place over several months, the entire DLC happens in just several hours. The sheer difference in timescale, despite both the original game and DLC being of similar length, makes it seem almost as if the passage of time has been slowed down during the DLC.

Regarding the actual content of the DLC, while I am interested in the lore of the setting, and the DLC offers some interesting insights, the density of new information is a bit overwhelming. Many of the embassies we visit belong to countries we’ve heard next to nothing about, and whose native people we haven’t met a single character. I prefer a slow drip-feed of information to big infodumps, but if it must be done this way, I think it would have gone down a lot smoother if we had some prior introduction to the nations and races we are learning about. This also contributes to the feeling of disconnect I mentioned earlier, with the new races introduced here being unique to the DLC, vanishing from the story afterwards. Also, unlike the rest of the game, which gives out stat points for just about every choice you make, almost no choices in the DLC affect your character. Of course, choices still determine your actions, and if you make enough correct choices you can win the challenge in each embassy and gain a small stat boost. But the impact of these choices is still incredibly minor compared to the original game, where with every choice you made it felt like you were building your character. It’s understandable why it was done this way - it would introduce massive balancing issues if you got points for every choice given the length of the DLC. But I feel like this just demonstrates how dropping whole new chapters in the middle of a complete game is always going to feel disjointed without making significant changes to the entire game.

If you choose to make a DLC for WWU2, I hope you would consider exploring a different format for it.
I’d personally like to see a smaller, cheaper DLC with the new content spread throughout the game where appropriate. There are plenty of areas where additions would be welcome - new romance scenes and unique romantic interactions are something I’m sure everyone would be happy with.
And I know that you had to write in several bad endings for players who were too Red, or who veered too far off the intended path - I’d be very interested in seeing those endings fleshed out, because just abruptly killing off the player is very unsatisfying and makes it feel as if you are being punished for playing the game the “wrong” way. If you want a good example of this, look at A Study in Steampunk - it has an excellent evil ending which doesn’t end too quickly or drag on for too long. Even though you always die eventually no matter what you do, it’s entertaining and unique enough to feel like a reward rather than a punishment.

I know this all sounds very negative, but DLC aside the series was just as good as I remembered, and I’ll still be eagerly awaiting WWU3. The DLC is optional, so it’s not like it’s a big issue for future playthroughs, it just feels like a missed opportunity if anything. Best of luck with the rest of the series and I hope this comment can be of help to you in some way!

1 Like