Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

Her eyes look wise
Congratulations!

1 Like

SO CUTEEE!!! Congrats @WayWalkerLeigh!:heart::heart:

3 Likes

ITS A BABOO!

: O

congrats and best health wishes to you and the little one! I hope the rest of the family is pampering and helping! :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh wow this is still going? Yay!
(I have been here the whole time what are you talking about?)

1 Like

My plan today was to get back to writing…but I got smacked with a soul crushing migraine and a fussy baby. At least I can fulfill my grand destiny as a squishy bed.

18 Likes

It’s a truly heroic destiny, thank you for your sacrifice! Also, that’s such a cute, soft pic.

I actually have a question, that came to me as I was replaying Dragon Age 2: For obvious reason, the MC is the one to initiate any romance (players don’t always like it when NPCs hit on them, especially if it’s gaaaay). And you get different approaches to it with varying level of passive/active, but naturally it’s still mostly on you. But if the practical gameplay aspect wasn’t a concern, which characters would be the type to initiate?

I’m mostly curious about it from a characterization angle - it doesn’t have to be toward the PC. Just generally, in the cast, who’s the type to go after someone they’re interested in and who’s more likely to pine and/or be entirely oblivious? Granted they’re all teenagers so any attempts might fail horribly haha.

2 Likes

Honestly, they sort of all play as they would in game as I’d imagine they would, which is to say they are all more inclined to “feel out” the person they like and adapt accordingly. This is actually pretty typical of Way Walker ideology especially in Tar’citadel. The clear exceptions are if course Shelly, who is pretty blatant but also not pushy, and Semryu, who is just oblivious. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

someone halp please.

i’m trying to use the basic choice scrip editor to get back into working on WWU3 and i keep getting errors-- either “stats not defined” or ‘SecurityError: Permission denied to access property “getContent” on cross origin object.’

it was working fine before the firefox update, which is what it runs off of. This is how ive been proofreading and working on CoGs since day one so kinda need help to make it through.

Keep in mind i am a writer not a coder and i am generally an idiot when it comes to the tec side of CoGs. HALP

1 Like

Apparently you have to downgrade or switch browsers because the new Firefox update made everything go to shit and a workaround or fix hasn’t been found for now. :confused:

1 Like

it was doing it in chrome, too. :sob::sob::sob::sob:

how does one downgrade???

Sometimes sites offer older versions of the browser to install - some are reputable, others not so much. If you’re worried about that, there are usually tutorials by the browser maker themselves that use the command prompt.

1 Like

sigh thats all probably over my head, sadly. I am not good with computers. :sweat:

2 Likes

I think Dan uploaded a patched version, so you might also download ChoiceScript’s zip file again. It fixed the problem for me, although right now I have to re-issue permission to read the folder every time I reopen Firefox.

3 Likes

i did all that and now it just says script error. :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Seriously guys this will prevent me from working on the game until its fixed. :sweat::sweat:

Could you try a Dashingdon.com account? I use that for testing when I work on my mobile.

1 Like

Have you tried asking @dashingdon ? They may be working on a work-around if the don’t already have one.

1 Like

I’ve got dashing don I guess I could make ones up just for individual scenes? Just a lot of work. :sweat:

2 Likes

Wow, its strange to be back on this forum, its been a while. But I just replayed WWU1&2 so here we are. First of all @WayWalkerLeigh congrats on the baby! I hope you and the little one are doing well, as well as the rest of the family, and I hope your labor wasn’t as bad as my cousin’s (26 hours!) They do look like an adorable little squish though, so congratulations!
Secondly, I hope progress is going well and life is hitting you at least slightly less hard than it has been. I had some stuff happen to me which has thrown my college timeline into disarray so I feel your pain. Still, I just know WWU3 is going to be worth the wait and more <3
Third, I had this thought and I can’t get it out of my head: If our player’s family ever come to visit (I know we’re broke so they can’t send letters but shhh) how would they react to the ball outfit sem buys you if you get that scene. Because I’m just imagining these parents and siblings being in awe of the city and everything in general, and they get to their child’s room and find an outfit worth more than their house. MC doesn’t notice while their parents are thinking “What kind of teenage sugar daddy does my child have here??”

3 Likes

@WayWalkerLeigh
Hello! I don’t know if it’s fixed yet but a random tip for fixing computer problems due to a stupid update is to:

1. Save everything important on a separate USB drive or portable disk. Such as text documents and what have.

2. Go into your computer settings and find the “reset computer to a state from a previous day” option, then choose a date before you installed the bad updates and reset your computer to that date.

It could work, I’ve used that ‘go around’ when I’ve had problems with the computer before at least :slight_smile:

Best regards, Sara

3 Likes