Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster -- Reinvented

All I have to do is email you, right?

Also, in the faq I see the female roles but what are the male roles?

Here is the list, with fitting descriptions, courtesy of Vendetta.

3 Likes

As @MIGSey was kind enough to show. :slight_smile:

The male protagonist lineup hasn’t changed in the slightest (each already being too deeply embedded throughout the main story to easily change in any significant way) but neither have they been completely ignored during the latest ‘reinvention’ of the game. There have been a fair number of tweaks and additions to aid immersion in each role, and the more so the deeper you get into the story.

10 Likes

If I signed up for the original beta list but want to switch the emails, how should I go about doing that? (The one I originally signed up with is no longer my main email)

I wanted to know if there is a beta list for this game and if there is if I am already on it? Also in terms of characters what happened? what has changed I seem to have glimpsed that Lucindas sexuality was changed to bi and the implamentation of an female main character have there been anymore changes? Why make Lucinda bi when it would’ve been easier and perhaps better to make an new character (more interaction and story and character development possibilites.)?

If you asked Vendetta prior to him closing down the thread around 2013-2014 about testing the game, you would have received an email from him reaffirming your place. If not, you can notify him through PM. Otherwise, he will most likely put you in the list. That said, we will all have access to the new updated chapter when it’s released, at least, the first few chapters, in any event.

Vendetta has said a lot of changes will occur as a result of adding the female character, for example, how we can recruit Catarina at the Sauna. Concerning Lucinda turning bi, I like to view this as a naturally progression given her character of sorts and Vendetta has touched on this, though he’ll likely discussed more if that’s what you wish. It should be noted however he plans to add even more ROs depending to our background, already expanding the list (which is already big)

Beyond that he’s further made more ambitious ideas, for example, opportunities/ cons if you opt to come out gay or try to keep it hidden.

2 Likes

Is there a list? @Vendetta like I am an old fossil that have been in old ancient close betas I have to enter again? No idea but when you think in do a list or something consider me in

Well, when Vendetta had the game on hiatus at the time, there’s the likelihood some of us, myself included, pm to see if we could beta test when he returned. Now, we did receive that email a few days when this thread opened up, letting us know of its revival and noted that we are still for consideration whether the game enters beta. But as I stated above, we all most likely will try the game before it goes into beta. That said, Vendetta will most likely ask us again and others to see who will beta test. After all, the old list might have users from yonder years (aka, you and my time-the old guard).

1 Like

Well like my old mara account was hacked years ago with my old Facebook and old mails so I didn’t receive it So I am same timw old and new lol Thankfully I am weird enough to be recognizable lol

2 Likes

Fair enough and makes sense. Don’t think I ever did say ‘sorry you lost that’ to you about that. But yeah, everyone knows who you are. Just a pity alot of oldies aren’t here. ( Disclaimer, not that I don’t appreciate the new ones or those still here. You’ve helped this forum grow, more or less :smiley:)

1 Like

Cog were really helpful back then to give me another account all that right away. They believe me was me really fast. Same all people here I had far more problems in other forums asking for arcane data to change stuff in accounts.
Most people here are funny and useful and thankfully normally not toxic also if Vendetta Alex and lace are back others can return. I miss you @FairyGodfeather

3 Likes

True, but then you remember others like ScarletGeisha and etc… Ah, no moping about the past, we look to the future and persevere.

2 Likes

Actually that is where my username comes from an experience where I was locked out of a forum (that doesn’t even exist anymore) because while you could retrieve and change passwords by email, if you forgot your username you were stuck.

6 Likes

How do I change difficulty

The difficulty will feature in the new demo, not the old one we have access to at present.

3 Likes

Thx buddy

I haven’t given up on this game. My mentally and emotionally broken, murderous, alcoholic and chainsmoking veteran will rule the city

3 Likes

No clue how I missed this, but Vendetta, just wanted to say how glad I am to see you’re back (I know, I’m a little late on the ball here)! This is by far one of my favorite WIPs and I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Did a demo playthrough for old times sake:

Name: Tagliatello Bolognese

Background: Veteran Soldier
Money Clip: $1540
Weekly Take: $82
Net Worth: $3672
Primary Weapon: Twin 7-shot Colt M1911 .45 caliber semi-automatic pistols
Your Appearance: Quite respectable, not too cheap. You also trundle about in a Ford Model T Highboy Coupe, but still don’t wear any jewelry and live in a squalid, cockroach-infested dump. To be blunt, things could definitely be better.

Henchmen: 1
Businesses: 1
Rackets: 0

CHARACTER ATTRIBUTES
– Leadership
Initial: 30 – Current: 42 – Gain: + 12
– Intimidation
Initial: 40 – Current: 38 – Loss: -2
– Persuasion
Initial: 25 – Current: 42 – Gain: + 17
– Awareness
Initial: 45 – Current: 58 – Gain: + 13
– Coglioni
Initial: 35 – Current: 47 – Gain: + 12
– Business
Initial: 15 – Current: 18 – Gain: + 3
– Streetwise
Initial: 10 – Current: 27 – Gain: + 17
– Contacts
Initial: 20 – Current: 24 – Gain: + 4
– Firearms
Initial: 50 – Current: 50 – Gain: + 0

Overall Attributes Improvement : +76 (+28%)

5 Likes

Wow, @Vendetta I really love this. Its one of the best I have played since I joined and I mean its in top three of my best cogs