Where is Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster

What happened to Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster I only see the demo online and not the full version

Their is no ā€œfull versionā€ he only put up the demo.

He quit halfway i am pretty sure, probably some real life problems came up.

What happened was that he took development to a Facebook page because this forum had a few monkeys flinging stupid crap at him and he finally got sick of it.

I donā€™t know the current status.

2 Likes

Itā€™s gratifying to see that Vendetta has not been completely forgotten. :slight_smile:

I do still lurk in the shadows from time to time, I am still coding / writing when life permits, and I do have every intention of finishing the game and hopefully one day seeing it released. It may however (CoG willing) end up as a Trilogy rather than a Tin Star-sized single epic, and with several months between each subsequent release so I can take feedback into account.

I do still have the mailing list of around 90-100 potential beta testers whoā€™ve signed up here in the past, and with what I can salvage from those I still intend to run a closed beta test when the time is right.

No ETA, no firm promises, and no definite timetable - just a general statement of intent.

33 Likes

Vendetta will not be forgotten Anthony Luciano will not allow it :-p

I was under the awful impression for a long ass time that RoaG would never see the light of day.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m one of many whose glad to see that isnā€™t the case. Donā€™t worry, Vendetta, Iā€™ve been waiting about two years for Vendetta to come out, I can wait a few more. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Glad to see Vendetta isnā€™t dead yet!

I remember Vendetta had the best save system on COG (even if it was, unfortunately, only designed for the beta).
If this is going to be a three part game (just for the first one, discounting the putative sequel, Mob Boss, assume) I sincerely hope COG will let you use a modified version of your custom save system instead.

Vendetta glad to see that you are still writing hope to play the full game in the near future

Iā€™m still anticipating this.

i was starting to give up on your storygame, the demo just kept cutting me off at random points in the storygame, it was very upsetting for me because i enjoyed how it pulls the reader in.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. :blush:

@zeke Very puzzling - PM sent!

Anyone else have any problems with the demo as it stands? -

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82562041/web/vendetta1/index.html

@idonotlikeusernames Itā€™s not very likely, tbh. Vendettaā€™s beta save system has features intended specifically to make beta testing easier (e.g. ā€˜cloningā€™ your character at a specific point so each clone can head down a different main route for easier / more thorough testing) and which were never intended to be a feature of the final version. Indeed, the only feature it has that CoGā€™s ā€œfinished gameā€ save system could probably benefit from would be the ability to delete old saves.

1 Like

Would you be willing to accept one more closed-beta tester? Iā€™m willing to beg really, really hardā€¦ puppy dog eyes

This is also my first post! Hi everyone!

@BraveLance Welcome to the forum. :smile:

Sure, anyone interested in the beta is more than welcome to PM me their email address and Iā€™ll happily add it to the list. Likewise, if you signed up ages ago and may have changed your address since then, drop me a note and Iā€™ll check / update the list with your new one.

1 Like

Count me in for the beta test too then, I loved playing the demo and will happily do some testing for this game :slight_smile:

Me beta, posted it you Facebook private message. Been waiting for beta for years already

Do sign me up for the beta man i was like one of the first wave

So so so so so so glad to here Vendetta hasnā€™t been forgotten. Iā€™d cry myself to sleep for a week! Still waiting patiently for the golden day in the future, the day itā€™s finished and I get to play the full game :smiley:

So glad to see you back! And, that youā€™re still working on Vendetta :smiley:

put me in the beta too please i beg of you