Vampire: Fall of Memphis bug thread

@Rhodes What do you mean about Wilson? I thought we can kill him or set him up with land/set him free?

Ok, CoV 2.0.2 is now live in the iOS app store, which means you can now access the final vignette in Vicksburg.

To add on perles75 comment about Senator Santagostino’s conversation, in a one of my games I had Pieter Van der Ahe as my dominus which I ashed him. In COV2, it treats Van der Ahe as the generic Quaestor of New Orleans when Itamaraca, the pirate, was the Quaestor in COV at least for my game. Thus Senator Santagostino treats Van der Ahe as both alive and the Quaestor of New Orleans. However when you have the option to ask her about your dead master, she humorously says she never heard of him. I think in COV2 also mistakenly calls Whitaker my broodmate too when he wasn’t. The Vampire Gallery is working correctly though.

@typhoonstorm95 where/when/which conversation with Santagostino? While hunting, or at the 1873 or 1877 reception?

I don’t know about the hunting, as I have no idea how to get to that part yet. I would test it if I knew how to get to it though I presume it has the same error as well based on perles75 comment. I tested both receptions separately and both have the same error. I have noticed that the review page has an error as well as your dominus, Pieter Van der Ahe, being killed is mentioned then meeting Quaestor of New Orleans, Pieter van der Ahe, when in my game it should have been Itamaraca.

The error is present in this dialogue.
“If I may,” you begin as she turns to greet you, “allow me to introduce myself. I am ____.”
“A pleasure. I am Chiara Santagostino, Senator of New Orleans.”
“New Orleans? My dominus, Pieter Van der Ahe…”
“Ah yes. Your dominus speaks regularly of you.”
“I find that surprising.”
I did not say that he spoke highly of you."
“No, I supposed not,” you reply with a grimace.

Then picking the option to ask about the status of the dead maker.
“Your maker?”
“Yes, Pieter Van der Ahe.”
Santagostino’s brow furrows. “No, I can’t say that I have heard anything of him. I’m not even sure that I’ve heard his name mentioned before.”
“That is unfortunate.”
“It most certainly is! The dominus and his offspring share a bond like no other; to be deprived of that bond for so long…I simply cannot imagine it.” A pause in the conversation leaves you with the opportunity to ask another question.

@typhoonstorm95 I’m not sure that I totally follow.

a) You’re right, there needs to be another section in both _receptions when speaking with Chiara, if you sire is dead, you went to New Orleans, and your sire is not West.
b) You’re right, the Vampire’s Gallery needed a little tinkering.
c) I don’t understand about the dead maker question. Was your maker Van der Ahe, or not? Because if Villanueva was the Quaestor (because you killed Van der Ahe), then I’m not sure what the problem is.

Thank you!

C just to show the inconsistence. Sorry about that.

@jasonstevanhill

I play CoV: The Fall of Memphis, in a mobile device (android).

After loading the game I finished in CoV part 1, at the time Carothers invites my character to the crapud den, there is a chance to talk with two senators (Abigail Coffin and Senator Lockridge). When my character chooses to talk with Abigail Coffin, and then attends the reception; the following option appears: “Introduce myself to Senator Coffin”, as if the previous encounter had never happened.

The same thing happens during the second night of the election, you have to repeat the same dialogue as if you had never met her before the reception.

There is also something similar when you flirt with Chiara, once she gives you her mailing address and my characters decides on what to write to her, the following option appears: “Introduce myself to Senator Santagosino”, along with the other options that only show up if you have previously talked to her.

I play FoM on PC (purchaised in Windows Shop), and there is a minor bug right at the begginning, during the revision of the choices made in the previous game (restored save from the site): it is said that my character abandoned his creator (West): “Thinking yourselves safe, you were not prepared for a cannonball to destroy the croft in which you were hiding. You abandoned your comatose maker, and fled from the croft”. Thing is, he didn’t. He helped West out and spent some time learning from him, then parted ways on good terms. (I understand that West is hardly the most popular dominus, but to disregard him in such manner…)

Sorry for reviving this thread. But, I’ve been recently playing the Vampire series on an iPad and I’m having trouble with saves across the two apps. Even if I load a save from CoV in TFoM none of my data transfers. I start as J. Doe with no stats of any kind. Is this a known issue that I can’t find an answer for or is this something new?
Thanks a lot.
Sincerly,
A huge fan

1 Like

I am also having this issue as well. I have no proper explanation but it didn’t used to happen to me. I would love to see this resolved somehow. Perhaps merely a prompt to confirm your name somehow.

@HAlexandra It happened with the last update unfortunately… I have herd of anything in the way of fixing it but guessing it will be addressed with another update later…