Vampire: Fall of Memphis bug thread

@jasonstevanhill
Sure I’ll just have to go through all my characters as I can’t for the life of me remember which one it happened on. I know it was a female character though that much I am sure of.

@jasonstevanhill well after the error in the save game in COV it goes to recap what i did in COV then after that it goes to the screen asking to rate the game,etc.

@kingfisher can you email me screen-captures? I’m not understanding what you’re trying to say.

@jasonstevanhill I dont think i i can screen it capture. Also after a few more time trying it keep sending me an alert saying “it couldn’t upload my saved game to choiceofgames.com. You can try again later from Restore menu.” I dont know if that help much.

There seems to be a skip between after the game shows you the effects of the sabotage of the munitions dump in Vicksburg and when you arrive in Memphis. At one page you’re playing cards with Withers and the next describes Memphis.

@SamuraiMantis I think that’s the same bug that @perles75 and @Scrivener pointed out.

Thanks for the correction of the bug at the end of the first part!

I think I spotted a couple of minor continuity errors.

In one run I met Senator Santagostino before the first meeting because my character had the… same taste in feeding. During the conversation she says something about my maker that spoke to her about me and so on, something unlikely because I killed my maker in the first scene of CoV 1.

In another case I am at the first caucus meeting. When I can decide whom to ask about how the election works I went for “the gentleman from the Carolinas”. However, the first phrase of the next page is “Pleasantries having been exchanged, Arthur does his best…” even if I didn’t know his name or was at all acquainted with him. I guess some phrase for the presentation is missing.

Another thing I don’t know it’s a real error but I think it’s worth mentioning: the information present in the Vampires’ gallery are not always updated. It happens several times that I meet someone and it doesn’t appear on the list (especially the Senators).
This is especially annoying considering the large amount of new people you meet in FoM: with so many names and little time for characterization I never manage to follow well who’s who, who supports which and so on, and the Vampire gallery is only occasionally useful.
By the way, also I find awkward that only the relationship between my character and Jesse and Estefania is mentioned and updated with the events.

Choice of the Vampire parts I and II - Savegame issues

Hello,

Good job with this story. It’s quite interesting to play through it. However, I have a slight problem with the savegame import from part I to part II

Information:

• I play on my Samsung Galaxy S3
  • I buy the choice of games titles in the amazon app store (the play store says: “this software isn’t available in your region”)

Problem:

• I “save” my game (Patrick Adams) to my e-mail adress. However, I did this, before becoming a member here. And then I didn’t see any way to load this data in the second part.
  • I then bought and installed part II on my phone and tried to start playing. Then it shows me about 4 different player characters in different situations. I have to make some odd choices my previous play through didn’t offer/explain. It’s also odd that I’m in different cities. Then I come to the screen, where I have to do the character generation from part I again. My maker and favorite blood type aren’t even there.

!SPOILERS! - These are some of my choices - !SPOILERS!

• I killed my maker
  • I had a fling with the vodoo lady
  • I helped the lady so that her poem crashed the one of the other guy
  • I didn’t engage in a gay relationship with the harmonica soldier guy.
  • I stayed then during the siege in this other city
  • I closed the door of the munition depot and trapped the other vampire. Muhahaha.
  • Part I ended, when I arrived at Memphis, met the local quaestor and was told about the KKK by the wife of the rich guy.

I write this because I would like to find a way to continue with this story.

Thank you,
Isterio

One thing that seemed odd was I made Malloy drop out the election and then the next thing I know she’s back in it

You know, it’s strange. I thought Wilson was an African slave given that in CoV 1 he was a freedman. Yet in FoM, it keeps referring to him as an Irishman with missing teeth? Did I miss something there?

If you kill Wilson in CoV 1, you’re chasing someone else entirely in FoM. That description applies to him, and I guess is leaking through somehow with you.

That’s what I figured. I’ve tried it with several save files, both ones that included the Vicksburg Denouement and had me settle Wilson’s fate and ones where I simply received a letter from Samantha telling me Wilson had escaped. It still tells me I’m searching for Irish Wilson.

@Dominic
@jasonstevenhill

The Wilson issue confuses me a lot. That guy is my freeman valet, right? I paid him well and made sure he knows it. In the text I seem to be very happy with him. Also I’m a Yankee and quite in his favor. So I wouldn’t know why he would act against me. Then I seem to get myself a new valet and I don’t know why. There is no explanation why Wilson is gone. Apollo then asks me, if I would want to hunt him down and then at the caucus I have the chance to do so. I don’t know why. What did he do to me? And why does he seem to be a different person now (Irishman)?

He must be a vampire, since he’s immune to the plague. And he isn’t my maker West, who I’ve killed. I’ve never met him. Who is that guy?

hmmm :slight_smile:

@Isterio Wilson doesn’t act against you, but against the Samantha if she turned him. Because I’m assuming she turned him without any care for his choice in the matter. So in spite he abandons her. You get a new valet because you do not take Wilson with you, and the mc may need a valet tohelp them with things they are incapable of doing. Yes even though Wilson hadn’t done anything to you, (consciously, because he is technically responsible for involuntarily killing of your food supply with the disease he is carrying around) he is technically violating the Rule of respect and being busy with the election Apollo has little to no time to deal with him, so if you decide to take on the task of finding him or want something to do besides attend the caucuses is why you are given the option to hunt Wilson or Irish vampire if Wilson is dead. I believe the Irish man may just be a place holder per say. Because he only appears if Wilson is dead and some vamp has to be responsible for spreading yellow fever to Memphis.

@12lexy12

What does Samantha have to do with Wilson? I haven’t seen any connection to her either. Did I miss or forget that part? When and why would she have had contact to my valet? I’m supposed to be on very good terms with her. Why would she do anything to Wilson?

I think, I have to play both parts again. I just don’t get this story arc.

Also, what skills do I need to successfully arrange the festivities or the elections? I suppose that I’m in need of art? As well, the banker’s wife doesn’t seem to impress the vampires at all.

You have no opportunity to influence Wilson’s fate in any recent version of CoV. The scene where you decide what to do with Wilson and whether Samantha turns him or not has been removed and rendered inaccessible.

You get a new valet if you start a new game in FoM because Wilson is left behind to send your stuff over to Memphis, and he doesn’t show up.

You need a Charm of at least 3 to arrange for “vessels,” a creation of at least 3 to succeed at decorating and hosting, and you cannot force a resolution to the elections at all.

@Rhodes aaww really? That sucks we can no longer decide what to do with him in Cov.
@Isterio I apologize I gave false information on the topic :frowning:

A patch for CoV is forthcoming to address the Wilson issue. Version 2.0.0 is bugged, and skips over the last Vicksburg vignette.

To better understand what’s going on with Wilson, and you can’t wait for the patch, then you should play the version on the web.

@Rhodes Thank you for the explanations. I thought so about the resolution of the elections. That’s a shame since you can connect with around 10 people or more in dialogues and letters etc. Maybe having all these contacts and information is helpful later on. Otherwise it might be better to just do other things. For the charming I needed 4 points. With 3 it didn’t work for me. However, getting the food seems also pointless, since the favor is worth nothing and you just lose compassion.

About Wilson… so why do I have to hunt him then? If there is no information about him available, he should be replaced with the random Irish guy. And that guy should be correctly introduced by Apollo. And not just out of nowhere ask “If you had a lead on Wilson, would you hunt him down?”. This seems to be a bug.

@12lexy12 no problem :slight_smile: Thank you for trying to help me out. It seems it’s a very complex thing to have so many choices, skills, alignments, characters etc. Changing one detail may have huge implications on other aspects. It must be hard to see the whole thing.

!SPOILER! A general question about Apollo !SOPILER!

Does Apollo hate me so much to suggest my character should apply for the seat of senate? He’s rather hostile later on as well. What did I do to that guy? Tztz. First I thought he tries to make me steal votes from the Adonis supporters, because I’m on their side and he’s with Stone. However, he also wants me to apply, when I support Stone.

@jasonstevanhill
Oh, okay. Sounds good. Sorry, I wasn’t aware that the issue is already being fixed :slight_smile: Thank you, you’re doing a great job. I find the story and multitude of choices very intriguing.