Valor of the Blood Hunt (W.I.P)

OOOHHH THIS SOUNDS INTERESTING! I haven’t played yet but I will soon!

1 Like

@Gentlemensgentleman Are there any other monsters that exist besides vampires in the world of this story?

1 Like

There is a werewolf that plays a great role in the story and especially in the Mexican standoff ending. I have debated on what else I will add. I don’t want the story to get too complex that it disinterests the reader. I have far more monsters in the CetoVerse but I wasn’t sure if I was going to add them or not.

4 Likes

How do people feel about onomatopoeia and dialects? I have been reviewing some things. Personally, I enjoy it but I would like to know what others think before I add it.

3 Likes

I personally don’t have a problem with dialects, and I think it would richen the experience. It seems only natural to include a certain vernacular if characters are from different countries. Which based off of the history of the orders it seems they are.

2 Likes

I would enjoy it, although too much use of onomatopoeia can made the story seem comic book-y. Dialects are also fun and add to the worldbuilding, but I know sometimes they’re difficult to read. :thinking:

2 Likes

I’m alive! I have been working quietly on Valor of the Blood Hunt. I apologize for the lack of updates but I have been fixated with trying to finish while striving for high quality. I just want to give a quick summary of what I have been up to since the last time I was here.

Currently, I have 110,000 words which is double since the last time I updated. All of the background stories for the vampire hunting orders have been completed. So all of the respective companions and romance options have been completed. In GIMP, I have been working on a coat of arms for each vampire hunting order which will be in the show stats screen where The Chronicle of Vampire Hunting Orders is located. There will be a motto and a longer summary for each respective vampire hunting order. I may post a few COAS here soon after I have a few more eyes review them.

There have been an abundance of other updates that I have done as well. Several of the other featured books in the show stats screen have far more content. I added more stats as well(Solo vs. Teamwork, Talkative vs Reserved, Vengeful vs Merciful). There may be more but I am not sure at this point. Almost forgot, I have added weapons after the Council of Venice that can be purchased with money. The weapons available are dependent on your respective order. For example, Catholic vampire hunting orders are not able to practice sorcery.

I hope this is informative, thanks for your patience. The next update will come when I have completed the story up the protagonist battles vampires in Budapest. I may start listing my updates to my sites(DR and GT) as well for those who follow me.

19 Likes

Hey I’m new to this thread, but I want to say this is really good work you have done and can’t wait for more. The only question I have is how are you doing?

2 Likes

I missed this message and just realized I never logged out, sorry for the very delayed response. If you think this is good, wait until I upload the images I have been working on in GIMP. There also is far more character development coming than what has been presented so far.

If you mean, how I am doing in general I am doing terribly. But that’s a usual response I give, so don’t be alarmed. If you mean, how is Valor of the Blood Hunt, it is between a 1/4-2/4 done. It is very time consuming, I have spent a 153 hours on it so far.

5 Likes

I am new here and I see this is still relatively new but I would like to say so far I am having fun playing. I also wanted to let you know that when I try to make a unique(real) name I can not choose any brotherhood, but besides that I have yet to find any errors on my end. Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of this soon.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response. I fixed that in my version but I just need to update here to allow you to choose your vampire hunting order.

Hmmm…your comments reminded me of something. I was actually talking with someone about whether or not those who pick a unique name should have their own unique story as well. It won’t be as detailed as the character choices but just a solid background.

It is about 3/4 done at this point. I will make an extra effort to update it by Saturday.

6 Likes

Heck Yes to Vampire hunter D vibes! \o/
–bookmarked to read

2 Likes

Was there not an option to be a vampire instead?, which would be cool

3 Likes

@Feather Thanks, I hope so considering you can play as a dhampir.

@wolf666 Unfortunately not, this is a vampire hunter game.

As a dhampir, can I choose any Order? Or are there Orders with low level of tolerance to our kind? :thinking:

2 Likes

As a dhampir, you won’t have access to vampire hunting orders due to Sanguivoriphobia. Dhampirs are some of the most reviled creatures in my lore. Dhampirs are strongly hated by humans and vampires alike. Tolerance for dhampirs isn’t prevalent until the Enlightenment(18th century) in the CetoVerse.

But there are benefits to playing as the dhampir. You will automatically, have access to a vampire companion and other unique choices. For example there is a unique branch where you meet an Ekur vampire, the Countess of Budapest, Elizabeth Bathory. While a vampire hunting order player will not have access to this branch at all. Also there are unique dialogues and epilogues for dhampirs that aren’t available to human vampire hunters.

4 Likes

Some typos:

Rumors of the upcoming blood hunt has carved fear into the hearts of many across the world.

Rumors… have carved fear

I could of sworn, that oratory is where we lost one of our brothers.

could have

She immediately reached down and tears her long burgundy skirt so that it is only long as he knees.

reaches down… only as long as her knees (alternatively: only knee-high)

“A sister? I haven’t tasted the blood of one of you in a while. You will taste better than you’re hunter friend,” the stranger smiles with delight in Stella’s face.

your

1 Like

“Sanguivoriphobia” I love that! Did you come up with it yourself?

SCENE:
A vampire corners a terrified human in a deserted alleyway. The human sobs as the vampire grabs her and bites into her neck. Suddenly shouts sound out! It’s vampire hunters from the Order of Antioch! The creature throws the bleeding woman from him.
“You’re all a bunch of sanguivoriphobes!” the vampire yells, quickly fleeing into the night.

2 Likes

I have read your work this is good story hope for the best

2 Likes

Ah it was the dhampir I was on about my apologies for getting it wrong

1 Like