UnNatural - A supernatural horror game - editing complete, beta testing over

Some people have said they were still having a few issues with certain romances and I’m looking into them at the moment as well as doing an updated romance guide.

Hey there. I’m new to the COG forums, but I’ve been enjoying several of the COG and Hosted CYOA games and wanted to add my own input.

1. I want to say I very much enjoyed Unnatural, but I met an occasional glitch or two sometimes. My main one is when I’m trying to do a romance with Scarlet. I follow the romance guide exactly and it gets me stuck on 46%. I believe when I didn’t do the Creepy Statues mission and instead did werewolf one (the name eludes me atm) and then did cure and A Rock and a Hard Place I managed to do the romance. I’m wondering if this is a bug or if the current romance guide is outdated. I’m currently playing through the game multiple times to check it out.

2. Also I was wondering just how high your relation stat can actually be at the end of season one. I noticed the max was 100 which was SO, but is that actually achievable in season one? If not what’s the max and does it vary depending on the character (especially the one you’re trying to romance).

3. The New Game plus codes I like tbh. It hasn’t broken the game, but it does make me feel kind of like a badass even if I opt to not use shade powers. I found the three codes for each ending and I noted that in earlier posts said that other codes were found in an advert and by playing through the alpha and beta paths. I’m wondering if that’s still true or not as the game changes over time. Think you can pm me hints for the other codes? I must be missing something.

4. Is there any estimate to how long till season 2 comes out?

Also found a slight typo in Ep.5 when you’re facing off against the werewolf. The part where you decide to confront the werewolf immediately and tell the Alpha team to stand back. It says “The woman looks at you as you pass, you cannot help bu see how terrified she looked.”

Overall great game just these minor bugs and questions have been bugging me for awhile. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Hope to hear from you soon and see Unnatural Season 2 out soon so I can purchase it immediately (///▽///)

Edit: Nope no matter what I do the Scarlet romance is still bugged for me.

Any word on that updated romance guide? Also I just wanna know and it’s probably already been said a lot but are we going to have our game from season one transferred to season two along with all the choices, personal stats and relationship stats? Along with all the perks and romances?

Not yet sadly. I still need to find the bugs been a bit busy. And yes you will be able to continue the save will be added when the first draft is complete.

Good to know! I’m glad that all my effort to find a cure for lycans isn’t wasted haha

Sorry to keep bumping this topic up but I think I MAY have found a thing. Ive been doing a lot of playthroughs trying out the romances. No luck with Austin as I only got his romance once and I did that by following the guide and the other four attempts were a bust. Ashley and Denise are dead on, every five attempts were successful. Scarlet was intriguing, it says in the guide you either need 59 strength or the melee weapons perk to complete the sparring scene, three attempts didn’t work with both 59 strength and melee weapons active. But I did two runs with just the strength and it worked great so maybe it somehow cancels each other out if both are achieved? I’m gonna give Lakota, Victor and the college friend a go when I have time unless somebody already gave them a go? Hope this helps

Hmm interesting and something to look into thanks, oh and bump away its not against the rules to bump topics with relevant info and possible bugs is always relevant :slight_smile:

Nothing new on the romance research yet. But I do have an idea.
Mythological creatures are valid for this game series right? I wanna see something which can either be categorised as majestic or catastrophic such as a phoenix or a kraken. Like during one case it is spotted for a moment by the MC and makes them realise there are still unnaturals to be discovered by S.R.T

There will be new discovered unnaturals unknown by the known world

1 Like

Do Michelle and Todd ever come back?

Originally the plan was for Michelle or Todd to play the role now occupied by Max. I still am toying with them having a cameo as a mru member

I read through this thing dozens of times during the last two weeks (It is absolutely amazing, by the way. It’s nice to know all the fuss on the forum about this game is completely justified) and the Lakota and Victor romances seem to work flawlessly. (@Nocturnal_Stillness) However I haven’t been able to romance Craig (haven’t tried Sara yet) despite it sounding pretty straight forwards, doing multiple attempts and following the hints in the romance guide. The event that should, according to the romance guide, be in chapter 5 simply doesn’t show up.

Edit:
Oh, and the achievement for starting a romance with Lakota doesn’t seem to trigger, even though I’ve gone through that romance at least a dozen times already (safe to say it’s my favorite by far)

After accidently having the choice to romance scarlet and turning it down, to be with Ashley, I haven’t been able to get the option since. I have tried multiple times to choose Scarlet, doing all options, and nothing works, sigh, guess I should just have tried her the first time.

I’ll add this to the to do list.

Thanks to Rosewood I only needed to do Craig/Sara for today, both seemed to of worked all 5 attempts, so it seems Scarlet and Austin are a little bugged. I also the achievements are indeed bugged, the only romance achievement that is obtainable is Ashley’s. Hope the research is all worth while

Yes it’s been invaluable. Since the fire although a lot of the things have been or are being sorted, Writing has really taken a backseat at the moment.

Just managed to finally check on that scene and it definitely cqc or physical <59 and I can’t see any reason why having both would cancel the other out.

hmm, guess I just encountered a coincidence then. a small theory is maybe the first two cases with Scar both equal to the exact 46% mark and for an odd reason is not stacking? just a guess.

Okay . Thanks to the help of @Aera originally and then @Nathan_Faxon and @Cecilia_Rosewood we seem to have got all romances working on my local version. However I need to make sure the achievements for them are working. So please list the romances you’ve got achievements for so we can narrow down the search.

May I just say off topic a little… I’ve been playing Zombie Exodus, the little unnatural easter egg was a nice touch and made me chuckle a little :smile: