UnNatural - A supernatural horror game - editing complete, beta testing over

You might want to use a different word than “fairy”. I think of Disney when I hear that.

Would ‘Sprite’ sound better?

Not sure about alternate names for fairies. but the official name given to monsters by the SRT are “Unnaturals”.

Will think of potential names instead of fairy.

You could call them fay, or the fair folk (I’m partial to the latter). Sounds less Disney. Also sad to see them simplified as such. The fay have the potential to be some of the most spectacularly dangerous creatures in existence. Considering actual mythology, I’d rather face a dozen vampires and werewolves than a single fay.

@Reaperoa

Yeah I know what you mean when you say “fairy” people think Tinkerbell, but I know faeries were considered magically powerful. Personally I like the idea of them being mischievous (how I will portray them in-game) which is why they considered C-class by the SRT, they can cause trouble but don’t. generally harm mortals.

i love this game so much keep it up

i found my person!!!:slight_smile:

I don’t think Tinkerbell… Stupid Disney ruins everything.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter sorry for the lackluster updates. Will finish Episode one soon.

i thought of True Bloods “fairy” types :stuck_out_tongue:

Only Disney movies i grew up with were Lion King and Tarzan. :stuck_out_tongue:

Should u really kill off the monster that killed ur parent so early. I’m not a writer myself but that sounds like a classic morality choice to me. Save ur team or avenge ur parents

So does beta unit people do any field work or are they just the scientist?

They probably didnt really kill the monster

Oh yeah. @Matteller has a good point. I wondered about that, but shrugged it off. But…did the monster really die? Or is that a spoiler?

@Aznxa

Beta Unit mainly stay in the labs but they do field work too (when they need to test the effectiveness of new weaponry).

@Matteller @vampierkid222 @Shintaro

Having the PC hunt down the monster that killed their family is standard horror fare and is fairly unoriginal.

You need to remember the PC was only 8 when it happened and they witness the monster butcher their family, vengeance is the last thing on their mind (the choice of what kills them determines what monster the PC is most scared of - I intend to have it so taking on that kind of monster you suffer a penalty to your stats). Having the SRT capture and eliminate the monster before the PC has a chance to is more original.

Ah. I suppose that WOULD be original…But if my family was murdered when I was young, my main emotion would be confusion, anger, and thus, thoughts of revenge. Just a thought.
Also, what does learning about a specific monster do, other than…well, learning info?

@Shintaro

The PC can express a desire for revenge in the choice when you find out the monster has been killed.

Currently each monster has got a stat relating to it, although at the moment all it does is give you greater detail about them. Later on it’ll give additional choices when dealing with that kind of monster.

For example…

[***SPOILER***learning about zombies reveals animators and later on will offer the choice of killing an animator instead of having to fight the small army of zombies they have raised etc ***SPOILER***]

No update tonight as the wife is not well so been looking after her and the baby.

Can we suggest villains?

@Nocturnal_Stillness …Why did that sound like it belonged on Facebook? lol.