Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

That’s a definite yes from me.

Ah well. Thanks for the clarification. :smile: At least now I can imagine my Duelist MC fighting with a fencing style.:person_fencing:

2 Likes

Actually, that was my main idea behind the Duelist. A strong and analytic minded Fighter, who uses the fast and graceful movements and techniques of a fencer.

5 Likes

Very nice. It looks like we’ll be delivering a lot of critical hits and obviously rely on parries, sidestepping, and dodges. I shall eagerly anticipate the scene where we get to see the Duelist MC use the soul rapier in a lunge :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Actually, a fast lunge attack is one of your main skills as a Duelist. The second skill is a “Riposte”, which parries and deflects all incoming damage of one or several enemies. The third skill is called “Eye of the duelist”, which grants you the ability to immediately spot the weakpoints of all nearby enemies for a short period of time.

4 Likes

Will there be a magical counterpart to the beat attack used in fencing as well? For example, instead of slapping our blade against our opponent’s weapon, our enemie(s) are made to believe that there are multiple attacks coming at them from all directions - phantom strikes, if you will. Then we simply attack them because they’re too panicky to defend themselves properly.
Or maybe there are some other methods that could fit in better with our power set.

And that ends my fencing-centric questions. For now. :smirk:

4 Likes

Hmmm, a really interesting idea. I haven’t thought about something like that. :thinking:

As it stands now you have “Lunge”, “Riposte” and “Eye of the Duelist” as your main skills and “Klingenwalzer” as your Ultimata. Maybe I will make it so, that you can get or learn a ability like this later on in the story.

5 Likes

I’m liking the sound of Grey Wolf.

1 Like

By any chance did you get the idea of these skills from Fiora from LoL?
because the skills sound exactly like hers.

1 Like

I used to use beats a lot in practice matches back in fencing class, it was always a good way to keep my opponent from attacking me outright.

I hope this means that MCs of other species get an equal oppurtunity to learn new abilities too. But hey, only if it’s not too much trouble to you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I liked her skillset and abilities and wanted to include some similar skills for the Duelist. I hope this won’t pose a problem?

3 Likes

Nah, it’s ok. I can handle that. :grin:
I Think it would be actually a good idea (and pretty cool too) to create a option to learn new skills later on in the game.

3 Likes

No it wont, I liked the skills you implied and I was just curious as I was just playing her in solo ranked.

1 Like

Well good to know. It’s also good to meet another Fiora player. :grin:

3 Likes

Likewise :smiley:.
(20characters)

1 Like

Little update regarding the species. I had to make some changes for the Gunslinger and the Duelist. I told you that those two classes would be human-based. But since humans (in-game) aren’t able to use their soul energy, (at least not in a large manner) I had to make some changes for both classes.
The change is, that the Gunslinger and the Duelist are now both sub-classes of the same supernatural species. This new supernatural species will be called “Soulmancer” or “Soul Eater” (still working on the name) and will have a strong soul bond and the ability to manipulate their soul energy in unique ways, to which other species aren’t able to.

I could post some more details about this new species if you are interested.

9 Likes

That would be interesting :slightly_smiling_face: perhaps others can help you working on the new species name when the details about them is known.

1 Like

Some random name suggestions:
Animist
Animancers
Soulblazers
Divine Artists/Artisans
Esprits

Yes please.

4 Likes

Thank you for those good suggestions. I especially like the sound of “Soulblazer”.

No problem! (20 characters)

2 Likes

Will there be Necromancers in the story?