Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

I still like Sophia, but Death has become even more interesting!

3 Likes

She is cute and she became even cuter, at first i intended to convince Lawrence to stay as laura but now it’s sophia

2 Likes

Why not doing both? For example, you could romance Sophia and would still be able to convince Laurence to stay as Laura or you could romance Laurence/Laura and would still be able to help Sophia with exposing her real self. Theoretically, you could help each of the romance options with their personal stories without romancing any of them. However, most of the unique scenes and interactions would be only available in the romance paths of the various characters.

3 Likes

Can you romance 2 characters at once?
Though I fear it won’t end so well if you cheat on Sophia lol

No, you can’t romance two or more characters at once. You can only romance one character at the time.

2 Likes

Will a longer demo come out? I love all the details you have been giving us and am really excited for more of the game!!!:smiley::smiley::+1:

2 Likes

Yes, a longer demo will come out quite soon. However, I’m a little bit short one time right now, which is why don’t get as much writing done as I want to. Though I try to use every single bit of free time available to get more writing done. If everything works out I might be done in about two weeks, so stay tuned.

13 Likes

Ok, I could need your opinion for a new addition within my game. I decided to include a new Feature within the stats Screen. This would be a “Notebook” in which you can find the lore to the world of my game (like the battle between the Gods and the first Dragons) as well as a glossary with informations to all the different non-human races you meet during the course of the game.

However, the probably most interesting part of the Notebook (at least in my opinion) would be the character page, in which you keep track of all the important characters you meet during your adventures. On this character page you will find detailed biographies to each of these character, which includes informations like their appearance, personality and preferences. You will also get quite detailed informations to the characters skills and abilities, as well as the unique traits of their race.

Here is an example for how the detailed overview of the skills and traits of one the main characters would look like within their character page. For this, I choose the overview of Christina (one of my personal favourite romance option):

Christina Adams: Skills and Traits

Agent Skills

• Close Ranged Combat: As the Combat Expert of Team Bravo Christina is extremly skilled in the fields of armed and hand-to-hand combat. She is a expert in the use of martial arts and has also mastered several arts like Karate, Boxing or Judo. During her years as a Agent she also created her own unique combat style, which consists of a mixture of moves and stances from various martial arts.
  • Weapons Training: Christina is, like most Agents of the D.S.R., trained in the effective use of various firearms and combat weapons and during her years as a Agent she has developed her own preferences in regard of weapons and equipment. In terms of firearms she is regularly seen skillfully dual wielding submachine guns, and even fully-automatic assault rifles. For combat weapons however she prefers to use Arc Gloves and Greaves (equipment that generates energy fields around the wearers fists and legs), which give most of her punches and kicks a nice little sting.
  • Marksmanship: While she is skilled in dealing with firearms, Christina’s accuracy is quite haphazard, as she prefers using automatic weapons and the spray and pray method of shooting. Because of her training she is completely capable of aiming and hitting a target accurately, she just chooses not to and leaves more precise shooting to Tara.

Physical Traits

• Zombie Physiology:

• Regenerative Abilities: As a Zombie Christina possesses extraordinary regenerative abilities. She can recover from any kind of wound, injury or disease no matter how severe they might be. Simple wounds like bruises or cuts would heal in a matter of seconds and even lost limbs would easily regrow if given enough time.
      • Immortality: Thanks to Christina’s outstanding regenerative abilities, she cannot be killed by any known means, whether they be natural or unnatural causes. The only known way to actually kill a Zombie is by destroying their brain completely. However, if even a single bit of their brain remains undamaged Zombie’s would always be able to heal themself and to recover from their injuries.
      • Invulnerability: While Christina can still be injured, due to her regenerative abilities and “undead nature” no injury, no matter how severe, seems to have any effect on her. She can easily withstand gunfire, explosions or fall damage. Even a injury inflicted directly to her head or brain (like a headshot for example) wouldn’t budge her.
      • Pain Threshold: Due to her nature, Christina is incapable of feeling pain, no matter how severe it might be.
    • Toxic Blood: Instead of blood, Christina’s body contains a special fluid that serves as a main component for her regenerative abilities. It’s very hazardous to everybody but herself.
    • Rigor Mortis: A natural characteristic that is distinguish for Christina’s kind is, that her body can go into a state of rigor mortis (a state that is commonly known from corpses) if she stays still for a prolonged amount of time, such as sleeping. Usually, she stretches before going to bed to alleviate it, but if she forgets, she’ll be fully immobilized when she wakes up until someone massages her.

(Side Note: The overview for Christian would be identical to this, just with different pronouns.)

So, this is my idea. What do you say about the idea of such a detailed character overview and the Notebook Feature in general?

10 Likes

4 Likes

Would you be able to read all of char entries From the begging or would they be locked untill we meet them?

1 Like

The character entries would be locked until you meet the respective characters for the first time.

2 Likes

I generally like the idea of such an indepth collection of abilities and chracteristics.Especially since knowing strenghts and weaknesses of your Team in such detail makes sense.
It would be cool if, when the MC first encounters an ability (for example, Rigor Mortis and handles the situation - here trying to manually wake her up -) the charsheet would get updated. I know this involves more coding, so please do not feel pressured in doing so. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, don’t worry. Even if it involves more coding, I don’t mind the extra work if it makes the experience much more unique for you. To be honest I had already planned for updating the character sheets of each character on a regular basis, based on the interactions and spent time with these characters.

Also, regarding Christina and the MC. There would be of course a scene (probably in her romance path) where you would find her in her “immobilized state”. However, the MC wouldn’t be suprised by this and would know how to help her. As I said some time back, Chris and the MC are best friends since their earliest childhood and since then the two of them were inseparable and did praticaly everything together. Thanks to this strong bond you know basically everything about her, even all her weaknesses. On the other Hand, she also knows everything about you including your own weaknesses. For example, for the Kitsune MC she would know how sensitive your tails actually are and how to get the most genuine reaction out of you, while for the Half Dragon MC she would know the exact position of your reverse scale.
Of course she would never openly expose your weaknesses, since she values your friendship greatly and would never try to betray you. However, from time to time she might use her aquired knowledge about you to tease you a little.

6 Likes

I would love the notebook in the stats!

1 Like

i was wondering, what about witch hunts? ( in middle-age and even before that, in rome and other places i think(these hunts happend almost everywhere ))
Were there any major consequences for the supernatural community?
Like avoid coming Earth, hidding, fleeing to other worlds, and, if any supernatural was indeed killd, the beginnings of some anti-human movement , or supernaturals seeking revenge etc.

:fox_face:

1 Like

Non-humans normally kept their distance from the humans and stayed by themself, mainly because they either despised or feared the humans. However, there were also those who had trust in the humans and knew (or rather believed) that not every human was selfish or aggresive. They even believed that humans and non-humans could live peacefully together, like they did in the ancient times. To show their trust in mankind these non-humans often exposed their real appearances to other humans or used their powers to help them, for example using healing magic to cure the sick. Sadly, most of these non-humans were quite fast confronted with the true nature of mankind. Humans tend to fear what they don’t know, as the past has shown more than once, and this fear often led to hatred, discrimination and violence towards those unknown factors.

During the past it happened quite often, that those who had the greatest trust in mankind often met the worst fates, especially during the middle ages. During this time those who exposed themself as non-humans or who openly used their powers (even if they only had the best intentions in mind) were often branded as Monsters, Witches or Demons by others (especially by the Catholic Church) and were hunted down, tortured, burned at the stake or killed in other gruesome ways. After all of this even the most kind hearted non-human realized, that there would be no chance for a peaceful coexistence with the humans. So most non-humans decided to take the way with the least resistance and decided to simply hide their powers and inhuman appearances to avoid being confronted with hatred, violence or discrimination.

Of course there were those who wanted to take revenge at the humans for the horrible acts they did to the non-human kind. Sadly, this isn’t as easy as some people might think. First of all, the humans are the dominant race on the planet and have the probably greatest influence on the progress of our world. The non-humans make only a fraction of the overall population of our world and are clearly outnumbered by the humans in terms of populace.
Secondly, not every non-human race possesses extraordinary powers or superhuman attributes. They might be still stronger or faster then a normal human but definetely not strong enough to kill dozens of humans without taking severe injuries themself. Also, not every non-human race possesses regenerative abilities or extraordinary defensive abilities. Most of them can still be killed through normal means or at least strongly injured. Also, while almost all non-humans might theoretically be able to use Magic, not everyone managed to learn it or possesses the needed magical abilities or knowledge to successfully cast spells.
Lastly, the most important aspect for most non-human races is the well-being of their own kind. As long as their own kind isn’t in danger most non-humans don’t care for the problems of/with the humans and usually keep their distance and would almost never engage in a conflict that might endanger their kind. A good example for this would be the Merfolk (like Mermaids, Sirenes or Leviathans), who live partly in the deepest depths of the oceans (a part that almost no human could ever reach) far away from the troubles and problems of the land. Thanks to their unique habitat they are completely unaffected by all worldly conflicts of the humans or other non-human races. They would never engage in one of these conflicts as long as their own kind isn’t actually affected.

4 Likes

Sooo
No " I'm going to die, but im taking as much of you as i can with me" ? (i dont know a word for this kind of thing, maybe suicide but not quite. )

Actually, you (the MC) might still be able to do something like that for various reasons. First, the MC is one of the more powerful non-human races (who possess strong supernatural powers and highly elevated inhuman attributes); second, you inherited almost unimaginable powers from one of your ancestors; and third, as I explained in Christina’s abilitiy overview all Agents of the D.S.R. were trained in the fields of combat, marksmanship and weapon use to ensure that they would be able to effectively defend themself in even more complicated situations. Since the MC went also through this kind of training they are quite capable of defending themself against human or non-human opponents, even without using their powers.

I think a situation like this would be normally referred to as “Last Stand”.

2 Likes

grateful. Kamikase dont quite fit the whole thing i imagined.

they are supposed to keep us from doing shit, right?
Wonder the consequences of killing that guy who is going to threaten Mia…
shrugs.
Screw it.All who dare threaten my friends deserve to die :face_with_monocle:

Deuteronomy 18:10–12
“No one shall be found among you who makes a son or daughter pass through fire, who practices divination, or is a soothsayer, or an augur, or a sorcerer, or one that casts spells, or who consults ghosts or spirits, or who seeks oracles from the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to the lord…”

Are there supernatural capable of these things or something similar in your universe?

Also. Most religious books have sayings or rules (against) regarding sorcery and the like. So are there supernatural who follow other religion’s rules despite these :point_up:?
(dont think so, just felt like asking)

1 Like

Wait didn’t you say non-humans are more than half of the population o.o