Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

Well, she will become stronger, but probably not as strong as Laurence/Laura.

Yep thats correct. Also, the main story would lead you as well, sooner or later, to the demon realm and some of the other realms.

What’s the name of the Grey Wolf MC’s mother?

She is called Emma in the old demo but it might get changed

No, it didn’t changed. I keeped by almost all the names for the mother of the MC from the old Prolog.

To avoid further questions regarding this matter, here is again a little overview:

• Kitsune: Misaki
  • Grey Wolf: Emma
  • Raiju: Sayaka
  • Half Dragon: Alice
  • Duelist: Lina
  • Gunslinger: Caitlyn
7 Likes

I’m really sorry, but it seems that I have given you the unfinished version of Emilia’s backstory. I hope it’s ok, that I repost the finished backstory.

Emilia comes from an old and venerable family of powerful demons. She is the daughter of Arthur Westcott, the acting Demon King and supreme ruler of the Underworld and Seraphina McAllister, a powerful magic caster with a talent for the four main elements and who is, just like Emilia, a Succubus.

Sadly, even despite being a child of the Demon King, she never was accepted as such. Neither by her father, siblings or the royal servant’s. The reason for this was, that Emilia is the result of a short affair between Arthur and Emilia’s mother Seraphina, who served as a Magic Instructor for Charles Westcott, Arthurs oldest son and future heir to the throne. Almost everyone saw Emilia as nothing more than a mistake or a failure, nothing more than a occurence that brought shame over the royal family, and was treated as such.

Though, in the end she was still the daughter of the Demon King, even despite being a “bastard child”, and Arthur actually supported Emilia and her mother to some extent. She got the most expenisve clothes, the best possible education and the most experienced and renowned instructors for the fields of Magic. Lastly, she even was allowed to live on the royal grounds together with her mother. However, while she might got everything a young girl had wished for there was one certain thing that she almost never got or experienced. The feeling of being loved. Throughout her life Emilia experienced nothing but coldness from the people around her. Her father, her siblings, the servants and even some of her instructors ignored and insulted her.

It went even so far, that some of her instructors refused to teach her. Though the reason for this was actually a little different. It was because Emilia’s point of view on the subject of emotions and feelings. Emilia is a Succubus, a demon who feeds on the emotions of other beings to become stronger and from her earliest childhood on, Emilia was told that emotions have no real value and that they are nothing more than means to gain strength and power. However, Emilia saw this entirely different. For her emotions like joy, happiness, and especially love were something special and extremly valuable and she simply couldn’t bring herself to exploid those special feelings. Of course this kind of view is extremly unsuitable for a demon, especially for a Succubus. This resulted in her being stamped as a failure and a hopeless case by her all of her instructors and teachers, who refused to teach her as long as she won’t change her point of view.

Emilia wasn’t even allowed to leave the royal grounds, since Arthur wanted to avoid, that the denizens of the Underworld would see the “greatest mistake of his life”. Because of this, Emilia never experienced the feeling of friendship, which resulted in her becoming extremly shy and introverted.

However, while almost anyone ignored or insulted her, there was still one person who cared for Emilia and who treated her with love and kindness. This person was Seraphina, Emilia’s mother. Even despite being a Succubus herself she understood and respected the opinion of her daughter and supported her as best as she could. She even took over the role of Emilia’s magic instructors and taught her the principles of the eight magcial elements by herself. Thank’s to her help Emilia even discovered her talent for the element Water, especially in the arts of healing magic.

Ultimately, Seraphina even came up with an idea, to give Emilia the chance for a normal life, far away from the coldness of her family. On Emilia’s twelfth birthday, both Emilia and her mom left the Underworld behind and travelled to Earth to start a entirely new life in “Ashfield”, a large city which is the home of countless other non-humans and where they could live a normal life. Seraphina hoped, that this change could give her daughter finally the life she always deserved.

9 Likes

If have another interesting piece of Information for you. It regards the appearance of your character in public.

As you already know, your character possesses a few distinguish features in their appearance and that those features vary based on your choosen species. Of course you can’t walk around with those features exposed in public, since it would be a little unusual to suddenly see someone with fox ears and a fluffy fox tail; or someone with transparent arms and floating hair. To avoid attracting unwanted attention you would hide your unusual features in public and only show them once you are back at home or in a secluded area. However, while your distinguish features are hidden from the eyes of most humans, other non-humans or humans with a high affinity for supernatural powers can still see your features, at least to some extent. Ok, they wouldn’t see your actual features but rather a ghostly transparent outline of those features.

Other non-humans would basically see you like this:

13 Likes

Wait I thought humans won’t be able to see it even if you’re not hiding anything?

No, humans can see your unusual features if you don’t hide them.

1 Like

Can you get the option to go out without hiding? I think if you have fox ears and tail people will think you are cosplaying or something

2 Likes

I might give you a option like that, but only for special occasions like Halloween, some kind of convention or other events where you features wouldn’t stand out because others think it’s cosplay.

4 Likes

One I think humans might think something is up if they see you sitting on a lamppost al like yo whats chillin.

Two what is that pic from?

Three just wow that would be cool to see as a human with high affinity “are you aware you have a cute ghostlike tail and ears hovering around you like some kind of cute anime character?”

3 Likes

Can you use your powers if someone is in danger? Like say someone is going to get hit by a car, you could use your speed to snatch them

1 Like

I found it on Pinterest while looking for Kitsune pics.

Honestly, that would be pretty cool. I might include a scenario like that. Thanks for the good idea.

Hmm, that is a tricky question. I think it would be ok as long as you only use your natural high Attributes and not your supernatural powers.

1 Like

By the way I think there’s no way non-humans could stay hidden in things like World War 2. They’d have to use their powers in the war after all, and in places like the Soviet Union they’d find the Nazi threat much greater than the threat of exposing non-humans to the world and encourage everyone to use their power openly to win the war.

3 Likes

Ok first, why are you always asking such complicated questions. I don’t mind them at all, but they are still a little hard to answer from time to time. Also, why exactly World War 2.

Most non-humans weren’t interested in the conflicts of the humans and usually keeped their distance from wars, revolutions or other conflicts. They let the humans fight their own battles and got only rarely involved. That’s also the reason why a lot of non-humans despise and hate the human race, because of their warmongering and about the fact that they would hate and kill each other about things like religion, races or resources.

3 Likes

Oh, sorry about that.
I just imagined a scene where it was World War 2 and I see no way non-humans could stay hidden. Even if most of them weren’t interested in conflicts some would still be involved due to their friends/family (especially when like half the population is non-human). Also in that time pretty much everyone was recruited to the army (even kids below 18) so you couldn’t say you are not interested and simply refuse without getting locked in jail or even executed.
Anyway I’ll stop asking questions I guess

2 Likes

No, you can still ask your questions. As I said, I don’t mind them.

As I said some time back, non-humans have their own secluded areas, so-called Safe Zones, which can’t be entered by normal humans. Those Safe Zones can be found almost everywhere in every city and they can also be found in almost all sizes and shapes, thanks to Dimensional Magic. Some Safe Zones have the size of a normal house while others have the size of an entire region. During wars, most non-humans simply stayed in these Safe Zones, far away and safe from the dangers of war. Some even travelled to other Realms for the duration of these conflicts.

Also I might have said that half of the population of the Earth are non-humans, but you also have to see, that this half doesn’t only consist of one species. The non-human population consists of hundreds of different species, who live in varying habitats. Also, not all non-human species live on land. There are countless species who live under the earth, like Dwarfs and Goblins, or who inhabit the oceans, like Sirenes or Mermaids. The human race however is still the dominant race on the planet.

3 Likes

Still on the matter of WW2, is there going to be any references in the story to things like nazis and the atomic bomb, and the impact these things had in the supernatural world(s)?
:fox_face:

1 Like

There will be some references, that regard this themes and occurences. However, it might be important to say, that neither World War 2 nor the invention of the Atomic Bomb had an “actual” impact on the Supernatural Worlds and Realms.

2 Likes

Do supernatural beings believe in things like Jesus and the other human religions or they only believe in the old gods/old dragons etc

1 Like