Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

Yes you will meet other people who can use a Ultimata just like you. However it might be important to say, that there aren’t many beings that possess a Ultimata. There is actually only a handful of beings that possess such skills.
Interesting enough, one of the romance options is also in possession of a Ultimata, though I won’t tell you which of the options. That would be a too big spoiler.

No. You can only stop, slow down or accelerate time.

Sadly, it’s not that easy. I believe you imagine this entire “Manipulate Reality” thing a little bit too powerful.

First, there are rules. You can’t make yourself immortal or almighty, nor can you just kill off anyone you want or bring anyone back from the dead. Also, you can’t just create life out of nothing, which means that you can’t animate unliving objects. Those rules can’t be broken, not even from the first Dragons themself, because those rules were made by someone who is even more powerful than all eight elder Dragons combined.
Second, don’t forget that those powers originally belong to Mana, one of the first Dragons. Mana might be able to manipulate reality almost freely, but that is only because Mana possesses powers, that lie above almost all existing species. Your character might be strong, but not strong enough to even closely match Mana’s power. You might be able to manipulate reality or create paradoxons, but you would have your limits. For example the part with the paradoxon. You might be able to create one paradoxon, but that would be all. Creating more than one paradoxon would probably kill you, since the creation of such “contradictions” costs tremendous amounts of energy, which you don’t have. At least at first.

8 Likes

And now the Paradox goes to the bottom of my personal list :speak_no_evil:, nah but even with all the mighty powers of the other races, I still have the Gunslinger as my favorite (maybe I’d play too many shooters)

I’m sorry if I might have dissapointed you. “Paradox of Existence” is still a extremly strong skill, just not the almighty ability you might have imagined.

Gunslinger reminds me of this game called Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. You had this ability to slow time which was limited at the start but became crazy strong when you max all your skills, giving you huge combos and doing headshots against everyone.
@BrachydiosX oh you didn’t say what fan the hammer/soul grenade do, is fan the hammer a multi shot attack or something?

1 Like

For me Fenris’s Howl is the most interesting Ultimata.

1 Like

For me, I had the game Red Dead Redemption in mind while creating the concept for the Gunslinger.

Sorry, my bad.

Fan the Hammer: You would hold down the trigger of your Revolver with one Hand, while the other hits the hammer repeatly. This turns the cylinder and hits the firing pin, in that order, allowing for ‘semi-automatic fire’.

Soul Grenades: You would create small handsized grenades out of your Soul energy. You can influence your energy, to Change the effect of the grenade. You could create Cluster Grenades to cause havoc, Smoke Bombs to cover your escape or Flashbangs to stun your enemies.

6 Likes

Can the Gunslinger say something in the lines of “Boom shakalaka” everytime that they do a headshot? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Deadpool would 100% approve of this message.

2 Likes

Honestly, I haven’t given this much thought yet, but your idea is quite good. I would have probably picked something like “Boom, Headshot!”.

I really hope that I haven’t ruined the Abyss Path of the Half Dragon with my former explanation. To avoid further problems, I would like to explain the scope of your reality manipulative powers within the Abyss Path.

Ok so, your reality manipulative abilities would influence the reality around you. Though, you can’t influence living beings with your abilities. Instead, your abilities would only work on unliving objects. However the good part is, that you can influence the Reality of those objects almost entirely freely. You could turn a wall into stairs, turn the ground into a rubber-like substance, to bounce off like on a Trampolin, or even change the material of the clothes of your opponents to immobilize them.
Another part of your abilities is that you could take control of unliving objects. While Deaths rules forbid you from animating unliving objects you can still manipulate them into following your orders. You could pilot a car from far away or make furnitures move around. While manipulating the Reality of unliving objects, you would basically take on the roll of a puppeteer to control those objects almost like a puppet.

Lastly there is “Paradox of Existence”. This ability allows you to manipulate the reality of living beings almost entirely freely. As I already explained, you could use this skill to turn the existence of your opponents into a paradoxon, which results in their extinction through the Universe. At first you will only be able to create one of those paradoxons, before you need to recharge your powers. However, once you managed to become stronger, you can easily create more paradoxons, even several at once.

1 Like

Who is Death? Is he the one you said that is stronger than all dragons combined?

1 Like

Yes, Death is the one that is stronger than all eight Dragons combined. She is the personfication of life and death and possesses absolute control over the fade of all existing beings, including the eight Dragons and even the Gods.
In the world she takes on the neutral roll of a observer, always watching the events of our world from the side lines. Deaths main task is, to ensure that all the souls of the deceased beings arrive safely in the afterlife and to make sure that certain beings don’t violate her laws. Though, she doesn’t interact with the world by herself. Instead she sends her soul collectors, the Reapers, to gather souls or to execute her orders. She would only interfe, if someone extremly powerful would break one of her laws.
There is one simple rule that is common among almost all powerful and sentinent beings. “Don’t piss off Death”. Because if you do, you will be dead. No matter if you are a God, a sentinent being or the most powerful creature in the universe. You will still die through Deaths hands.

7 Likes

Another quick question, so if Death is stronger than all the dragons. Does that mean even if the first dragon tried to use Paradox of Existence to eradicate death, it would not work?

Nope it wouldn’t work. Death and Life are two firmly prescripted variables within the system of the Universe. You can’t just delete those variables and since Death is the personification of those variables you can’t eradicate her.

I know we have a mom but do we have a dad?

1 Like

Of course you have a dad, but sadly you won’t meet him. Unfortunately, the Father of the MC died before they were born.

2 Likes

Does the story say how he died

The father is Death itself isn’t it? :thinking:

Yes, you will find out how your father died later on in the story. But that is a extremly complicated matter. Something that your mother tries to keep away from you.

No the Father of the MC isn’t Death. He was just a ordinary Kitsune, Raiju, Half Dragon, Soulmancer or Grey Wolf.

Also, as I mentioned in my previous post, Death is a woman.

4 Likes

Death as a woman

1 Like