Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

Could you add short descriptions about the species after we select them? (like in Monsters of NewHaven)So that the players know what they’re running into and a choice to go back to species selection so if they(we) don’t like it then could go back and select another one instead of restarting the game…

6 Likes

Definitly enjoy this WIP i hope i get to read the story you have planned out for this one.

2 Likes

Small update

I made a few changes within the Prolog. Those changes are:

• a new opening scene
  • short descriptions for each of the six species
  • a few new choices
  • small text-based additions

I’m really sorry that it’s not the first chapter, but I intend to post another update quite soon.

12 Likes

Love all of the new stuff!

2 Likes

So no cat-deamon-waifu for me :disappointed_relieved:
But seriously - if thanks to this you will be able to write quicker/create better characters/dialogues than be my guest :smile:

1 Like

Ok, so I don’t know what an “Automaton” or “Nekomata” are, and I’m not sure what you mean by “Trickster”…

1 Like

Tricster - I might be wrong but basically loki/gabriel from supernatural. Ilusion magic, shape shifting etc.
Nekomanta - cat deamon from japan, two tails, manipulator, eats souls. I think author will change this tho.
Automaton is basically a magical (or not) cyborg.

3 Likes

I have not seen Supernatural, so I don’t know who Gabriel is. But I do know Loki, and honestly when I saw the “Trickster” species, that’s where my mind went. But I wasn’t sure, which is why I asked.

And by saying that I know Loki, I mean from the Norse Mythology, not the Avengers’ Loki, and I didn’t even know Loki appeared in Supernatural…

Back then supernatural was good… and then angels/deamons happend…

1 Like

A Trickster is a spirit which exhibits a great degree of intellect or secret knowledge, and uses it to play tricks or otherwise disobey normal rules and conventional behaviour.

A Automaton is a living machine, which is powered by powerful magical artifacts. Basically a livelike mechanical doll.

A Nekomata is a cat demon from the japanese yokai mythology.

3 Likes

The trickster is usually one of the more interesting characters in the mythologies.

2 Likes

I agree :slight_smile: sun wukong, sindbad, loki, coyote, baron samedi.

2 Likes

Yes. I’m planning to change that a little. Given Maria’s profession as a Hunter, it would be a little bit inappropriate to let her eat souls.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of sun wukong or baron samedi. Who are they?

Baron Samedii spirith of death in voodoo, master of magic, giver of life, and overall - asshole with strange sense of humor. :slight_smile:
Sun wukong (monkey king) Chinese hybrid of loki and heracles, mostly know from his journey with xuanzang. Shapeshifter, warrior, ilusionist, he can creat clones and controll the elements.

2 Likes

@Kiogu1

Sun wukong sounds interesting.

3 Likes

Fun fact: Sun Wukong was the inspiration for Goku from the Dragonball series.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to mention the self-contracting staff and cloud riding!

1 Like

He is :slight_smile: Most of the old anime (mostly shounens) MC’s are based on him. (multiple forms/transformations, eating large amount of food, clones, strange sense of humor,) He appears in every moba game (monkey king from dota 2, wukong from lol, sun wukong form smite and hon)

@Kiogu1

The tricksters help make the story happen! :slight_smile:

1 Like