Twin Flames (WiP)

For those of you who tried my other work in progress, The Abandoned Planet (Spacing Out), I think I should give you an apology. I haven’t given up on it, but meanwhile I met my twin flame. That event hit me like a train and redefined my understanding of me and the world.

And so, I just had to write about twin flames. You can now play a 24-k-word demo. The whole story is expected to be around 50 k. I know many readers want longer stories. I can tell them that The Path of Light together with its sequel (which unlocks as an in-app purchase for iOs) is close to 100 000 words, which is in line with many of the other games published by Hosted Games.

Twin Flames takes place in the same world like The Path of Light. Here, the reader takes control of two heroes: a brave priest and a lovely witch. The priest is not the hero from The Path of Light and the mechanics are different, so Twin Flames is not a sequel, it is a completely new story.

I apologize for the bug the compiler makes on the 1st screen, just use the second NEXT button. Here is the link and have a good time https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6xg396riowsz5ea/Twin%20Flames.html?dl=0

16 Likes

When Lothar is talking to the librarian, the librarian says "“But, there are the ones like you who manage to put into their agenda paying homage to the scribes who spent countless yours* coding wisdom. And, I heard you were pretty good with the sword too.”
“Yours” should be “hours”

“It seems that Thomas is just enjoying the yey* contact with the young lady.”

I’m not sure what you meant to say, but it probably wasn’t yey.

That aside, this looks pretty good so far. I can’t wait to see the rest.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Scorpio00.

The demo has been updated. There are fewer typos, I added two achievements, and now there are uses of the resurrection and shapeshifting abilities of the female twin flame.

Wow that was a truthfully amazing demo! Also is there a way to pass the ritual or is that the end of the demo?

1 Like

Thank you, @VitoCore. Banishing the demon is the end of the demo, I just need to write more :slight_smile:

What is it about The Path of Light that you wanted to say? Or maybe you just quoted the original post, I am not very sure.

1 Like

Sorry i quoted by accident, but also thank you for the suggestion, started playing the demo of “The Path of Light” awesome so far, but it seems your demo has more detail/background which i love! Hope you really continue it, and if you need anything please let me know!

1 Like

Can we become the demon by any chance?

4 Likes

There is a small possibility of the demon possessing the little girl, which leads her to killing the Abbot, but basically no.

However, you can play a succubus demon in another game of mine, Dancing with Demons.

The demo was amazing! I see you have a Jared character in there, nice!

1 Like

The whole story is done, 46 k words in total. The link is the same, I am just posting it below so that it is easy to find.

I hope you like it and I am looking forward to your comments :slight_smile:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/6xg396riowsz5ea/Twin%20Flames.html?dl=0

1 Like

I just had a play through the game. It is possible to have a twin flames score of over 20 points, but you need only 12 in order to get to the happy end.

It is possible to have a negative soul damage score, which needs you actually healed :slight_smile:

The way I see it is generally an easy game. Getting all the achievements seem the tricky part, however.

By the way, I corrected a few typos and a bugs related to text sticking where it is not supposed to be as a result of labels coming one after the other. Blessings!

A new update has been made. The female character no longer appears as a little girl in the alternative timeline and the dungeon scene is less graphic. A few typos removed as well.

Here is the link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/rqsdk9hgksofrju/Twin%20Flames.html?dl=0

4 Likes

The game is out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I already download it this morning :grin:

1 Like

Ah I was wondering if this was your game when I saw the description in the game store. (I thought it was called the priest and the claw but that must have been your windhammer one.) It threw me because I thought it was a child witch rather than a lady but that will probably suit it better in my opinion. (Haven’t had a chance to read it as of yet) Congrats on getting the game out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, (late) congratulations on your game.

1 Like

Thank you very much, @Scorpio00 and @Jacic.

I have used a small part of my Windhammer entry Priest of the Claw in the Twin Flames story. And, yes, I had to change the female character into a grown-up lady for the purpose of maintaining the romantic vibe between the characters.

It is sad that this year there will be no Windhammer Prize because of the very small number of entries. Mine was one of them, by the way. But, hopefully next year.

What puzzles me is the disappearance if two ratings on Google Play. Both of them were 5-star.

1 Like

Yeah I saw the windhammer comp didn’t run this year. I didn’t submit anything due to lack of time. (I’m trying to get my current projects finished rather than starting a new one). Besides last year they had a stack of entries! It’s likely everyone assumed the same would happen this year and didn’t stress about it.

I wonder a little bit, one of the incentives for me to enter was to receive feedback people had submitted but I didn’t get any officially. (Although I did receive a helpful review on someone’s blog which was very appreciated). Curious to know if that was the same for everyone? (Maybe people aren’t submitting it as frequently as they used to?) and if that played any part in people not entering this year. (Might just have been me).

Don’t know anything about the reviews sorry :confused:

What have you written, @Jacic. Ans what are you writing?

I actually rather enjoyed the change, i thought it was pretty fun to be a big brother figure. But i agree with what you did, i ain’t no lolicon. But seriously, thank you for making this, i really enjoyed the romance. And being two people, more cog’s should have that. I’m not one for reviews, but I’ll replace one of your lost 5 star reviews.

1 Like