Trial of the Demon Hunter - OPEN BETA TESTING

I like the concept of it and your clear wording. I also like how it’s very descriptive so I know how to picture everything that’s going on. Keep up the good work!

@Dark_Bear2899
Thanks for the kind words, it’s a good incentive

Just wondering, has anyone reached the end? If so, what do you think of it?

Iv reached the end and it was to short!!!:’(

@vampierkid222
The ending or the novel itself?

The novel but it was fun I can wait for the next one I also had the problem that Desg had.

@vampierkid222
I’ll be adding about 10K more words by the time it’s published. And I’m gonna attempt to fix the checkpoint system on Monday. And did you like the ending? It’s a cliffhanger, but that’s because there are 7 sequels

yrs I liked it very much I also can’t wait to try.out the armor I took.

@Samuel_H_Young I entered the alchemy lab at the end. The names of some potions in the text and the choice didn’t match. Not a big deal for me, as I understood what’s what, but might confuse some players. The later part of the game is even better than the beginning.

@vampierkid
Yeah it’s magically protected and cuts all physical damage in half:)

@Dseg
I’ll be sure to fix those errors. I’m glad you liked it! It’s a little more dynamic than the 1st half

Also Mara choose like always Poison in alchemy lab but is a one use only :(( i want a enchantment poisonous crossbow or something with more than use . Maybe a bottle who make the poison you place there most potent? that way i could use more my titus poison form the only i use.

The game need achievement like choose all options posibles with poison in it.

@MaraJade
I might add more potions. And I’ll add. a few achievements, but the series is more abput the plot than achievements, especially since it’s an 8 book series.

@Samuel_H_Young Yeah, I liked the second half because I like exploration and puzzles more than combat. Not only in Demon Hunter, but in general.

Something that has a small chance of being a bug, but most probably isn’t and I am mentioning it just to be sure: I clicked your facebook link and saw the illustrations for the assassin-witches. They don’t appear in the gamebook. So, you didn’t put them in the gamebook or is it a bug that doesn’t show the images? The only image I have seen is Lord Sarrifan.

@Dseg
You still like the combat, though, right:P? And books 2-4 have a lot more social and exploring aspects as opposed to combat.

That is a bug - I have all of the illustrations in my beta besides the female cover art and the warlock, which I’ll be inserting today. You should be able to see them; were you not able to see the cover art on the 1st page?

i could see images perfectly.

@MaraJade
Great!

@Dseg
Maybe the problem is on your end. You could try restarting your device, using a different browser or checking your flashplayer settings

@Samuel_H_Young I forgot to mention the cover, sorry. I see that too, but no witches. I’ll see what I can do.

@Dseg
I’ll look at the code today and see if there are any problems. What do you think of the illustrations?

Hey everyone, when writing this series, I was aiming for the genre to be medieval dark fantasy. What are your thoughts on what the genre is, specifically?

I’ve already had @Dseg classify it as medieval gothic horror which I think is awesome

@Samuel_H_Young If @MaraJade and you can see the illustrations then it’s probably my laptop or something. I am using Firefox. Installed new flashplayer. Firefox runs much faster, but still no images.

I just took the forest route for the first time. During the bear fight, I roll down a hill in front of its lair. I threw my throwing knives at it and it had no effect. The bear slashes me and I fall down. The bear comes close to me and Beckham saves me by stinging the bear in the muzzle.

The problem is this: I chose to have Beckham in my backpack afterwards. This is the sequence of events I got: 1) I put my backpack down so Beckham can enter it. 2) Beckham jumps onto my shoulder. 3) I explain to him that our next opponent is dangerous. 4) Beckham nods and jumps onto my shoulder again. 5) I tell him (not through a choice, it is in the text) to transform into the viper. He does so and wraps around my neck. I think you have multiple situations mixed up here as it makes no sense and Beckham is in his original form when we reach Sarrifan

The bandits are still mentioned in the paragraph when I blast Sarrifan with the poison explosive.

Also, something new: “Your adversary weakly staggers to his feet, but you set Cunning +2 lacerate your bag of salt, releasing the contents onto the ground.” I think you forgot to add “*” before “set”. It’s connected to the paragraph where the bandits are mentioned, but I don’t know if it is the same paragraph or another one because it is very long.

Those are the new things that I discovered.

When it comes to illustrations: They are great. I remember you opening a thread to show illustrations. That is one of the things that got me interested in this game. I was wondering why you decided to remove the witch images when I first played the game. Then I saw them on fb today. That’s what made me suspect it is a bug. Anyways, Sarrivan (been calling him Sarrifan for most of the time =D> ) is my favorite illustration.

@Dseg
Wow o-o it seems as though somehow all the *if codes were activated at once. I’ll fix that tomorrow. And it was mentioned earlier that a bear isn’t your ideal opponent, and most of your weapons wouldn’t have much of an effect, so basically it’s best to try to avoid the bear.

I thought I fixed the blurb about the bandits. could you copy and paste the paragraph? And yeah I’ll fix the variable. I’m glad you like the illustrstions, and I saw that you liked my page - I very much appreciate that :smiley:

and Sarrivan is my favorite, too.