Tower Behind the Moon — Seize godhood with world-shattering magic!

Alchemical ascension.

I’ve done that several times, but I’ve never gotten the Throne.

This was a very confusing game.
Good, but very confusing.
4/5

2 Likes

Any more hints about how to claim the heavenly throne of the dragon King? Also what is the best non-ascension ending?

Oh, I got the questions mixed up.

Okay. If you want the Throne, you need three things:

1: Either a Xiphaigne deal or having stolen the scrolls.
2: A deal with the Dragon King.
3: Failure to ascend.

Then you can try to jack the Throne from the King. You might want some good stats though.

Quick question, as I saw this in one of the negative reviews:
Is the castellan always trans?

If so what would be the point of choosing their gender?

The castellan can be a different gender on subsequent play sessions but I have not seen any prose indicating anything relating to being CiS or not.

How do you make a deal with the Dragon King?

There’s an appropriate option in Chapter 6. You should be compassionate and at least moderately high-ascension.

3 Likes

What choices effect your Ascension progress?

1 Like

Thanks! For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to raise my Ascension level.

I can only go by the review here which said it is revealed if you romance the castellan?

1 Like

I romanced the the castellan three times, pre-determining her gender as female and with straight male MCs in all three cases. She was trans every time. Not sure if that changes for gay MCs or if the NPC genders are randomized.

Also not sure why that would prompt someone to write a negative review but oh well ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Some people (especially on steam) will give a bad review the moment there’s even a glimpse ‘inclusiveness’… because ‘OMG!11!! EVUL SJW RUINING GAMIIIIING’

/shrug people are unfortunately like that (you’d think they’d know better by now, but they usually talk to hear themself talk)

Back to the game, it’s a little odd however. I mean you can set the npcs’ genders at the start and there’s even a bit where it says ‘the next bit contains spoilers’ so, might be a bit out of left field to some.

1 Like

Does it have merit though? The bad review I mean.

I was about to acquire this title before seeing your mention, now I’m on a fence. I once regretted purchasing a certain CoG IF because of that very reason.

basically the reviewer complains about ‘evil forced political agenda’, that spiel.
The game is fine, if a bit disorienting.

Yes, I assumed that’s the content of mentioned review. I asked if it has any merit to it. Is there a strong focus on what you (or the reviewer) call “political agenda”?

EDIT: I’ve just read the spoiler tag. Does the apparently controversial element serve a purpose?

What you see in the demo is what you get during the entire game. If you think pursuing godhood a “political agenda” then yes.

It serves the purpose that the character is trans. The scene might be a bit out of left field and maybe feel shoehorned in to some, but it certainly isn’t an element that’d pull the story to a halt to talk about it for pages on end.

1 Like