The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (WIP)

Alright. Alright. Someone help me.

These books are pretty much perfect for me. Love them @Seraphinite

Dose anyone else know of books like this? I’m sure you’re imagining them as I ask the question. I got one problem though.

As much interest as I have in supernatural romance, I’ve been looking for “normal guy meets extraordinary and interesting girl”

And as many pages as I’ve been though on good reads I’ve found nothing that fits quite like this. I feel like the only guy in the world might want such a book. (As untrue as it is) So they just aren’t selling any.

I’d much rather have a Male character I can connect with, that gets swept away by someone exciting.

I’ve also seen some books where the guy is also some supernatural something-or-other. But that’s not exactly what I want. ;/

So either book two comes out, like now and I dont explode.
Or I need some halp.
Pls. Am dying.
(Cany physically do more replays)

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this is not a thread for this. I do remember someone creating a book thread for those who are currently reading novel variety or the CoG and HG recommendation thread.

Let me look for those specific thread.

Edit:

Here’s the thread for those asking for book recommendations:

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/books/684?u=resuri08

And CoG/HG/HC recommendations:

7 Likes

Dude I’m like the same, I read one of these and I just want more and more, I honestly can’t stop myself from reading these, espically wayhaven, I’ve reread it so many times just like many other stories their so good.

6 Likes

Thanks personage!

I’ll get to that some time.

In my mind Rebecca always missed mc birthdays and he always hold it against her. I just have to ask did she miss them or did she try to be there. If true I would love to scene about that.

2 Likes

She was always there for birthdays stuff.

"More like working late and weekends. Rebecca always tried to be there at important moments and when the MC needed support.

But those absences still built up.

Thank you so much for the ask! :)"

19 Likes

The steam page for Book Two is up!!!

68 Likes

Awesome can’t wait, thanks for sharing.:hugs:

1 Like

Progress Report (Book Three)

I have returned! My internet decided to die last week and is still a bit sketchy, but at least it’s connecting now :smiley:

But I’ve had a seriously productive week! The plans are speeding forward, even though my idea of pulling back on split chapters went down the drain pretty quick, lol. I think towards the end, there’s split scenes or different versions of chapters for nearly every chapter. It’ll be hard work, but with how branchy the story is, it needs it. Plus it’ll be so awesome!

So March is gonna be a SUPER busy month. I will be starting a visual novel project for NaNoRenO and hoping to get the prologue done for the end of March (A Wayhaven side story titled ‘The Curse of Creek Edge’), and then writing on Book Three should begin around the middle of March. So seriously full speed ahead now!

So here’s to an exciting month ahead full of exciting projects! :smiley:

Hope you all have an amazing week, and I’ll update you again next Friday! :slight_smile:

99 Likes

Dude I hope your taking plenty of naps and days off for all that, I applaud the hard work.:clap:

5 Likes

Those tiny little glimpses of what the story will look like in the screenshots of the game on Steam is KILLING ME :tired_face: Time seriously flies by and soon, the game’ll come out! AAAAHHHH

Also, our baby F will get injured???! D: :broken_heart:

5 Likes

I know is kind of a stupid nitpick and is not like the number of answers that we get for each comment and situation is not awesome, but comparing the demo of Book 2 with Book 1 I miss more oportunities for my scientificly brilliant/socially incompentent detective to act ackwardly.

I mean, in Book 1 I could keep staring motionless as a grieving mother cries in the street (when even M, of all people, showed more empathy and social skills than her, my MC realized that she has a real problem), or answer to a friendly phone call of Tina saying “why are you calling me to tell me you have a vacation?”, for exemple; but in 2 at most I can ignore a child until she crash against my legs . I understand that this behaviour probably is not the more popular, but I felt it was perfect in the first entry and is kind of lost in the second (what I had read, at least, I’ll love to be wrong).

Also, I will kill for even just one chance to be stupid and answering one of the “not-at-all-subtle-flirtrations” of M in an oblivious or literal way. “your car is… roomy”/“yes, there is space for even three people” or similar options – Edit: Ok, the funny thing is that they are already there, I was oblivious that some answers were meant to be oblivious… Jeez

I guess I just love too much to play the absent-minded professor trope…

10 Likes

I loved playing a socially akward character. A nice one, when you learn to know her, but…
No problem with corpses, Steel nerves, hate lies…

The other one was fun too… A real nerve ball.
Jumpy and drink way too much coffee… akward with people too but a real genious in deduction and science.

I didn’t play démo (I don’t want to be spoilers), but can WE still play a jumpy character ? One who is easely scared?

1 Like

When playing triangle route, I like play guy who likes N openly but refuses admit to himself that he likes A.

6 Likes

Am I correct in saying May 7th is the release date of book 2?

That is the current projected release date, yes. :slight_smile:

As I’m sure you already guessed, if there are any changes to the release date, then the first place to check is the Upcoming Hosted Games thread.

8 Likes

That appears to be the release date, yeah. In the thread of Upcoming Hosted Games 2020 it appears May 7th with a question mark

1 Like

Thank you @rose-court and &
@Kathra

2 Likes

this big you got 881 peaple to lov your work how do you feel

Hi!

Please discuss video game over the Video Game thread. This thread is solely for TWC general discussion.

Thanks!

1 Like