The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (WIP)

I noticed Sera hasn’t posted a weekly update here for a few weeks. Is there a book 3 thread that I’m not aware of?

1 Like

She probably forgot to post here:

14 Likes

Aah, sorry about that guys. The past couple of weeks have just been so intense!

Back to normal updating now though!

Progress Report

Blimey, what a week! It was a seriously full one :smiley:

I steamed ahead on Book Three planning and am seriously so eager and excited to start getting writing in April! I managed to figure out which scenes go in the final plans, but a lot of the scenes left will either go for other books or become Unseen Scenes on Patreon!

Planning had to be put on hold for a couple of days though as I got the copyedit version back from Hosted Games. I spent a couple of days just focusing on that, adding in any edits, testing, and checking through other edits to ensure Book Two stays on vision.

So I sent that back yesterday and that’s pretty much completely my side of things done now (as far as I’m aware, anyway, lol)!

So yeah, I’m super pumped for getting into the starts of Book Three writing soon!

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend! <3

90 Likes

cool hear hope you stay safe

5 Likes

Thanks for the update, cannot wait for book 2, especially during these current crazy times in the world, hope you and everybody are staying safe :+1:

9 Likes

I love this series so much!! and I know that it is a scary time right now but we are in this together! :heart: :heart: :heart:

6 Likes

God I have been gone for to long, what have I missed?

1 Like

Book two will be out in 1 month.

12 Likes

:sunglasses: nice to have something to look forward to right now

3 Likes

I honestly can’t wait for the second book and I’m really excited that you’re already working on the third book with only a month left for the second to come out.

4 Likes

jesus that’s amazing!

3 Likes

Are we ready for the Carnival?! :carousel_horse:

17 Likes

Progress Report (Book Three)

A good week this week!

The final stages of planning for Book Three have gone super smoothly, so I think I’m all set to start writing next Monday! Seriously exciting, especially the opening, which is an idea I’ve had for a Wayhaven book for years :smiley:

Got a couple of final things to do before that, which I’ll work on over the weekend, like printing out all the variables so I have them to hand and things.

Still working on the side project for Wayhaven too, which has been going well!

So yeah, a really smooth week with lots going on!

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend, and I’ll update you again next week <3

119 Likes

Definitely. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will stay on this earth on both Wayhaven are out :relaxed:

2 Likes

Is there a way to load a save from book one in the hosted games app into the demo? If not that is okay.

1 Like

Nope can’t do that until the full game is out from what I’ve heard, or rather read I guess.

1 Like

I confirm.

I wonder… I know that we aren’t going to become a Supernatural créature in the game (or maybe in the end of last book), but I think it could be fun to learn to use Magic.
I’d love to play a necromancer. As a cop, it could be really useful. “So… Who killed you? Huhu… I knew it. Do you accept to be raised in front of a tribunal and testify before the judge? Yeah? Great. Case closes.”

13 Likes

I meant is it ever going to be on iOS or android

I’m not entirely certain what you’re asking, but I’ll try and cover the bases, so hopefully I answer it incidentally! :sweat_smile:

So, the game is set to be released on the Hosted Games app which is avaiable on both iOS and Android. When it is, you will be able to import a save from Book One to continue your Detective’s story.
The current demo that is linked in the first post will be removed when the game is released, and it does not and will not have the import option as that is something that CoG implements themselves, not the authors.

For both the demo and the fully released game, you will also have the option to either play as a pre-made character, or to create your own detective and read through an abridged version of the events of Book One where you choose what your detective’s decisions were. These two options are already available in the demo for Book Two.

I hope that answered your question, lol!

19 Likes