The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (WIP)

I need to learn echolian ,f will teach my mc
Yes I love F’s route ,and I love how they are just adorable

5 Likes

As long as MC is equally willing to teach Farah/Felix the magic of paper airplanes, I’m sure they’d be eager for the language tutoring. :laughing:

18 Likes

Progress Report (Book Three)

Busy week once again. Started really expanding the chapters and looking at individual scenes.

So instead of just ‘Love Interest moment here’ it’s now ‘This is an idea of Adam/Ava’s specific LI scene’ :smiley:

There was also an unexpected addition that popped up as I was expanding some scenes, which I’m really pleased with and brings in use of a stat better than I previously planned on!

I’m a bit behind where I was hoping I’d be, but I think that’s just because I’m trying to go waaaay more in-depth with this plan. It’ll save time in the long run for actually writing, but I get antsy when I am not progressing as fast as I like!

But I’m hoping next week I will be able to get these expanded drafts done so as I can start typing them up to expand them yet again (no joke about being super-duper detailed this time! SO much to keep track of and account for variations of now…)

In this draft, I need to ensure I have all the branches and variables accounted for, in the next version it’s where they start blending together to become more fluid and less chunked up planning…if that makes any sense? :smiley:

There’s also been a bunch of behind-the-scenes stuff I’ve been doing, some of which I hope I can hint more at next month…!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend, and I’ll update you again next week! :slight_smile:

110 Likes

Thank you for your hard work…i fell in love with wayheaven chronicles and it’s the first interactive novel I bought and have a million play throughs :grin: thank you for making ub, and such lovable characters

7 Likes

May can’t come fast enough. Good thing I’ll have P5R to play thru April so at least the wait won’t constantly poking at the back of my head then.

Dammit I wanna play it now.

7 Likes

Hey guys!

So it’s been another great week. Feeling a bit more calm about how things are progressing now as I’ve managed to catch up some on planning for Book Three. I also came up with a couple of cool extra scenes that I’m very excited about, hehe ;D

There were a few things that Hosted Games asked me to do on Book Two as well, which I obviously prioritised so as not to hold up Book Two release. It’s still months away, but it’s good to know things are moving ahead with that! (Thank you SO much to Jason for helping me to get through that and answer my many, many questions! <3)

I’ve also been working on another thing, which as I hinted last week, I will be able to share a bit more about soon…

So yeah, a real good week of getting back on top of things and starting to see Book Three come together, as well as mop-up on Book Two!

Hope you all have an amazing weekend, and I’ll update you again next week! :slight_smile:

105 Likes

You gotta stop teasing the readers so…

7 Likes

An exciting week this week! Still typing up and expanding the chapter plans for Book Three. I’m currently on a chapter which has a lot of variation within a bunch of LI split scenes, so I’m pushing my brain to make sure those are seriously well planned!

I’m really eager for where Book Three is going. I’m still back and forth on working out a couple of new character things, but that’s more ironing out how exactly I want them to be. Their personalities and place in the stories are pretty set, but unlike Book Two characters, they are being trickier in letting me form them!

I also have some very exciting news to share about another Wayhaven project/game I’m working on, but I’ll link to a Tumblr post about that next week as this thread should stick to interactive fiction news seeing as it’s an interactive fiction forum, hehe!

So look out for more info on that to come!

Hope you all have a brilliant weekend, and I’ll update you again next week! :slight_smile:

95 Likes

I just play through the first game the third time and I really want to thank you for this series.

English isnt my first language, I have a hard time on reading a lot of texts in other games and sometime I skip pages. Yet, everything in this game is so good its makes me want to read it and I able to understand most of it. That is awesome.

Looking forward to play the next game and more!

12 Likes

Just curious I think this question has already been answered but I want to be sure, regarding the love triangle I’m pretty sure I read that eventually you’ll have to choose between the two no polyamery is that true?

1 Like

Yep, that’s true. It’s a triangle, not a poly.

Here’s a link (scroll to the second question):
https://www.seraphinitegames.com/faq

6 Likes

Damn that reply was fast heh.:slightly_smiling_face: Ok thanks that’s what I thought.

2 Likes

I’m sitting here setting up tablets and running updates and looking at the forums in between, so it wasn’t a problem. :slight_smile: Crappy way to spend a weekend!

5 Likes

Just played through the demo using a preset character. It seems that the name of the character wasn’t set properly so it defaulted to blank, which resulted in awkward dialogues like “Hello, ,” when it was supposed to refer to the MC.

![typo1|367x500]

That aside, my MC romanced N for the walkthrough, and why did there have to be so many mood killers just as the two were getting all lovey-dovey :weary:

3 Likes

Blue balling is the way it be sometimes.

9 Likes

To create tension so when they finally do get together it’s all the sweeter and you feel like you’ve won.

2 Likes

It’s because Mishka is evil and loves that romantic trope where the pair gets interrupted. I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of it :laughing:

15 Likes

@EvilChani Thank you for the quick response on that! Hope you had some fun on your weekend too!

@Qorder Was it a preset character you were using for this? Do you remember which one?

And as for the interruptions, it is a favourite of mine :smiley: But it may just start to ease off during Book Two and the romances really start to get somewhere…

31 Likes

@Seraphinite I’ve experimented with some starting choices. It seems “Pre-made character and short recap.” results in a blank name regardless of the choice of preset character, as well as their gender and orientation. “Pre-made character. No recap.” however results in functional names.

Another possible bug: the character Alan Reedman is supposed to be intimidating/stoic, but his/her/their personality has 30% intimidating and 70% charming. And Lucas/Lauren/Lee Langford’s personality is supposed to be sarcastic/caring, but there’s no caring personality… perhaps you mean charming or friendly instead?

1 Like

@Qorder - This is brill, thank you! There was some issues in the beta with pre-made characters, so this may be fixed for the main game, but I will double check!

Another super busy week! It just flew by and now I’m like ‘How are we half way through February???’ :smiley:

Really pleased with how the plan is coming together though. I would like to do another expansion of it before I begin writing, but I’ll have to judge that by my schedule.Still, expanding it is going well. I went from one page of A4 for a chapter plan to 10 pages! And that’s only one version. This particular chapter has two completely different versions of it…It’s gonna be so cool, but this is why planning is so important. Doing all this now will mean when I come to write I’m not slowed down by trying to think of things or forget variations, especially with so many branches to consider! (So yeah, that’s a bit of advice if you’re getting into interactive fiction- plan REALLY well!)

Though there’s N’s scene for that version of the chapter that I’m a bit back and forward on. I like it, well, I love it, but I don’t know if it’s placed well in that chapter. So I’ll have to think on that and possibly move it. But I’ll keep going on other chapters in the mean time and think on it as I go.

There was also one character thing that I’d talked about being unsure of before and thought I’d settled on. Well, I’ve properly managed to sort that now, yay!! I know that’s all very vague, but it had been making me very anxious for a long time and to have that super settled is a huge weight from my mind!

So yeah, things are going smoother now on that end!

Hope you all remember to love yourselves and each other this Valentine’s! <3

77 Likes