The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (WIP)

But not impossible :smile:
I whould have kept a mc for 3 book single if it means romancing her :heart_eyes:

I think I read somewhere that book 1 is going to have some changes done to it is that true?

From reading Sera’s Tumblr or Instagram, she hasn’t mentioned that there will be changes in Book 1. I might not be updated though since it is possible I missed that specific post. :joy:

2 Likes

Eh, I would say it’s closer to impossible, lol. Sera has mentioned multiple times that the only ROs will be Unit Bravo. You will be able to flirt with other characters besides your RO here and there, but no new ROs are going to be introduced in subsequent games. If there are, I’m confident that Sera would spell that out for us in one of her weekly updates instead of merely hint at it. I mean, consider how much a new RO would alter the dynamics of Unit Bravo, it would be a pretty significant change that could potentially alter the story she’s planned in significant ways.

I don’t mean to be mean, and I’m sorry if I come off that way, but I also don’t want newcomers to expect things that are highly unlikely to ever happen because some people are holding out hope. It’s that dissonance between expectations and reality that make people disappointed, and after all the hard work Sera had put into these games, I would hate for anyone to be disappointed based on a misunderstanding or an uninformed hope.

We can all certainly hope to romance characters that Sera has never intended after all, I am the Murphy Route fanclub president, lol but it must be with the understanding that it’s exceedingly unlikely to ever happen.

I’ve looked around her tumblr and instagram and I haven’t seen any mention of major updates. Games do often get updates after the fact, but this far past its release it’s usually bug fixes and typos. Very rarely are games that are over a year old updated significantly in any way.

That said, if anyone can provide a post, I would be more than happy to be proven wrong! :blush:

28 Likes

Perhaps @Fire-fox was thinking the enabling of a save system was an “update” …

1 Like

as i said it will probably never happen yeah, but is not impossible as some people think and you know why, going by what será said a long time ago we will be able to break off any relationship in the games later so if she were to add a new romance it wont necesarily mean we should have a mc that is single (that you can perfectly play as if u dont want to romance anyone).
It may never happen but who knows what the future holds :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe? Although I’m fairly certain that it’s had the post-game save system implemented from the start. :thinking: A true mystery for the ages…

She actually scrapped that idea almost two years ago though. It’s for reasons like this that I want to be very clear on what fans should expect from the game, because not everyone is going to have the time to stay abreast on Wayhaven’s development, but when it comes to big things like ROs, I don’t want people (especially newcomers who don’t know any better) to get confused or demanding of something that’s been settled for years now.

15 Likes

I’m going to nip this right here and now so that others will not be possibly confused or led astray.

No, there will not be another romance aside from Unit Bravo in this story line. Sera has repeatedly said, despite the many times she has been asked, that the only RO will be Unit Bravo. That doesn’t mean we won’t see other characters in possible spin offs (if she decides to do them) become love interests. But the 7 books she is writing are focused on Unit Bravo.

17 Likes

oh did not know that, but the whole stay single still stand right?

i already did know that though i did think if we can break up with them maybe it was not so impossible to have another ro, but if she opted to remove that i can see how that will complicate that even more.
Oh well, guess no ro for our sweet tina :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes, you will be able to stay single the entire series. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Aah, sorry guys, I totally didn’t mean to cause any confusion or hint at anything like that!

The character thing was about a character being added in Book Three who isn’t an RO but I was unsure about their supernatural race. I was back and forth on it for a while, but now finally settled on my original idea for them.

Again, so sorry for any confusion!!

52 Likes

Hello! I’m new here but I’ve been following Wayhaven since before the first book launched. I just wanted to tell you that I’m absolutely in love with it and with every character that appears in the books. I’m not usually a fan of romance, but my gosh, your book made me love it and be more open with it in other types of media. Thank you so much for your hard work and for creating these games :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

So is anyone else keeping a calendar of “how many more sleeps until B2 launches”

For reals though, very excited to see where the series is going to go :> and I honestly started out as an A-mancer but I feel that I’m jumping ship to N (indecision ahoy!)

8 Likes

If I did that, I’d go insane :joy:

I started out hella into A too. I mean, I still love him. But N tho :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

1 Like

N actually surprised me the most. I think what sold me was how they’re really not afraid to flirt back — while being a romantic at heart instead of the usual ‘flirty but a player’ trope. It was rather easy to like them too, like believably fall for N within the scope of B1

Which makes me very excited for B2

3 Likes

Yep I have a Google play card 'Dont open till the 7th of may ’ ready…im ready for book 2 and ub
Well i made a character made for each route but f is the best one :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

N is freaking awesome on many levels, but I got to stick with my A-baby. I have a thing for mean, goal-oriented women unfortunately, haha.

Yes, that’s no problem. How does one do that? I don’t have any experience with it.

This all should really be moved to the general Wayhaven discussion thread.

Requires moderator/leader attention I think.

1 Like

That’s alright, you guys, I don’t feel the need to move any comments, just post any subsequent replies to the discussion thread instead. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Progress Report

Aaahhh! I’m so excited!

The skeleton base plan for Book Three is now complete!! I can see it as a story! And I’m seriously happy with how it’s looking.

I am part way through the second draft of it too, so have begun adding more details and starting to expand chapters with specific moments and scenes (for F-mancers, there’s one particular scene I am very eager to write!).

There are still some moments and ideas I want to add in, but now the base plan is set I can begin to work out where those are gonna go and how.

So it’s going waaay quicker than I expected it would. There’s still a ton to do as I want to have the plan seriously detailed this time around, but I’m very happy to see it shaping and taking form.

Short update, I know, but I’m still just pushing away at the planning. Hard work, but so exciting!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend and I’ll update you again next week! :slight_smile:

105 Likes