The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

oh no I love themā€¦

I-I MEAN WOULDNā€™T THAT BE FUNNY?! HA HA?

ahhhhā€¦

6 Likes

2 Likes

ey, bro, you admitted to liking Murphy, you canā€™t judge others for liking Bobby

10 Likes

I liked the first part many options of personality and role-playing. Except romance. What i see so far is Woman mc= submissive to any male around. Is embarrassing. To point I felt i was in a victorian even more repressive version of Sparkling nun vampires. ā€¦

I hope in new volume Game let player say I like this and that and i nota blushing nun waiting for a prince to save me. It is okay if people likes that but should be a CHOICE nor female submissive by default. If not I will hve to play game without romance anyone and with that loosing 75% of content.

1 Like

But in my defense, at least Murphy is cool

10 Likes

Sera, the author, has actually planned the second game to track your shy/bold flirt choices so that the game responds in turn. I believe this means that more bold MCs will get to experience bolder dialogues and scenes, while shyer MCs will be able to take things as slow as they need to.

We will see, of course, but if you like, the demo to the second game is already up with two chapters available for play! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think the answer to that question is best elaborated upon in the NSFW thread. :eyes:

5 Likes

Hmm what NSFW thread?? :eye::eye:

1 Like

I hope so because I was about broken my phone in anger first time i played it and Like Nath. Like What the fuck is happening? I am being max bold and sarcastic and suddenly I am princess virgin sparkless pony waiting for alpha male give me a hand. before marriageā€¦
If there is something i hate with all my soul is forced into submission to romance a character. So far I would not romance anyone until a balanced relationship is possible.

Rest of game is fun and exciting i love it. So with more options in romance dynamic could make game better.

Iā€™m trying to add you but Iā€™m having trouble, would anyone whoā€™s in the NSFW thread mind helping out? I canā€™t see to invite new people. :thinking:

2 Likes

Could you give us some specific examples? I never really felt like my MCs was being submissive unless I made the choice for them to be shy

8 Likes

Well I have to read it again. But In the kiss all is him taking control andmy character waiting for him to notice. Blushing without reason no option to be upfront and directly say. Nath I like you a lot you are hot do you want date me?

And the puritain version of kissing like it were something weird.

Well, there are no kissing in the book yet? We might get the chance to make the first move, and some of it does depend on who you romance and how. This is the first in a series of 7 books and this one is to just lay the groundwork.

Though I donā€™t think the game is trying to push women being submissive to men since the game was made to be played by anyone and if your MC is a man with female Unit Bravo it plays out the same.

21 Likes

@Anathema andā€¦

To anyone else who is interested in the NSFW thread:

There seems to be an issue regarding the NSFW Topic (and the Detective Discussion thread) as the invite button for both is gone. Iā€™ll be contacting a mod, but if anyone is interested in joining either, please allow time for this issue to be fixed.

Edit from the future:
Disregard everything I have said before, thereā€™s now a NSFW thread. Go ham, my piggies, go ham and h a r d.

7 Likes

Who did you try to kiss? I donā€™t think itā€™s nessesarily trying to be Puritan, just that, well, it would be unfair for Book 1 go let you kiss one RO and none of the others. All the ROā€™s romances will go at their own pace so picking the right one will probably help a lot.

If youā€™re looking for a more spicy romance Mason/Morgan is a good choice!

11 Likes

:eyes:

Yeah, thatā€™s one way to put it.

7 Likes

I hate him so nope. It not my type I was about thinking kill her him . Nath is my favorite is sarcastic and fun . Adam is okay little grumpy. Characters are well written

This is what happens if you donā€™t kinkshame all the villain lovers enough :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

Itā€™s book one of seven. Of course you canā€™t smooch yet. Some romances will be able to smooch sooner than others, but not in the first book.

3 Likes

Well, you canā€™t kill any of Unit Bravo, just fyi.

I believe Felix/Farah and Nate/Natā€™s romances will go ā€˜fasterā€™ than the other two, if only because theyā€™re more open and accepting of their feelings, but you also have to take into account that these characters (except Mason/Morgan) are not comfortable with jumping into a physical romance so quickly, and not only that, theyā€™re expecting to leave at the end of their mission, so as much as Nate/Nat may like you, they donā€™t want to break your heart by leaving, so not much will happen in the first game, understandably.

But after the events of the first game, Unit Bravo is permanently assigned to watch over Wayhaven, so hopefully this means the romances will go faster and more to your liking. Sera is really close to updating the demo, and I suggest you try to it to see if you like what direction sheā€™s going in thus far.

But I should warn you, Seraā€™s favorite trope is the interrupted kiss, lol, so thatā€™s probably going to happen a lot, lol.

22 Likes