The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Three (WIP -FINAL DEMO)

My roommate and I, this is vasically all we do. There is so much angst in our writing that most of our meals togetjer consist of finding new ways to torture our characters. (Except Cat, for some odd reason I cannot find in within myself to tormemt her anymore than the books do.)

I would like ro second this motion. Sorry, for leaving you alone to defend A. (One day guys, u didnt check tbe forum for one day and 100 messgaes to catch up on.)

M is my favorite best friend actually.

This continues all rhe way throufh the book 3 demo as well. My MC, Cat, very much wants emmotional before physical, so she still hasnt slept with M, and I find their relationship adorable. (Although, she did cave and accept a kiss.)

Thosr are probably my two favorite parts of A’s path.

Me too.

Somehow I cannot even get this with Cat? Who is like the nicest person in the world?

Lol. I have a cousin who keep hoping one of UB kill Bobby which I’m almost 100% sure will not happen, but I too would pay to see M beat up the reporter.

10 Likes

Your poor characters! I say this and am starting to put out chapters from part 2 of my Dezh/Mason fic on ao3… and there is some… serious pain coming for her. It’s an AU, but I like sprinkling in different versions of things that happen in canon (like the bakery scene). It’s terrible to kick her that way, but all’s well that ends well, right?

I’m tempted to start one for my A-mancer, simply because it will be hilarious to write her POVs. She just stares at him like he’s an alien half the time. Shoving angst on her doesn’t work, because it rolls off her back.

Me too! Even for my N-mancer… I thought I’d fall on the floor when Mason told Nate that my MC was jealous. She was like, “how about not telling that!” Mason: :man_shrugging:

Okay, so Cat was nice to Murphy but not to Bobby??? WTF!

5 Likes

We actually have a running contest of whose characters are more traumatized. (I’m winning by the way.)

Wait! When and how’d you get this scene?

Excelt she is nicr to Bobby?! That’s why I’m so confused? I have a feeling this is just a demo problem since your relationship points won’t carry, so im assuming when I can actually upload her playthtough I’ll get it. I am curious why it wont trigger for her in the demo though. :thinking:

2 Likes

I thought Bobby would rat you for that kiss no matter how genuine you are. Was it changed?

As for N, I think I’m gonna give up. Urgh, I was able to get the scene with farah and Ava but not Natkins lol

It’s the WAYHAVEN thread! You should know better, you leave for 1sec and you get 100 messages to read :rofl:

4 Likes

MC; “I wish she hadn’t been afraid of me. I don’t want anyone to be afraid of me.”
F; “Don’t worry detective. None of us are scared of you”.
N; “it’s nothing personal, it’s how it has been for years”.
MC; is there anything that can change it?"
A’ face tightens into a sneer. “Not unless you can change the human race”.

Wow, racist all the way. I hope that A will show a better behavior in the future.

9 Likes

Do you even know the meaning of the word racist is? Here what the word racist means: Prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized. So in other words A isn’t a racist, if they were a racist they would dislike/ hate the mc because of the color of their skin.

8 Likes

“Not unless you can change the human race”…

So i may know or i may don’t the definition of the word “racist”. But however in this little phrase A is blaming the entire human race (arouny 5,8 billion people) without surely knowing them all. Well, to have a bad opinion about someone, without knowing them, based on their race, is not racism?

Ok whatever helps you sleeping the nights.

7 Likes

Lmao :rofl: I find it so funny that your dead set on saying a character is racist because they dislike humans.

10 Likes

I am glad that i make you laugh :slight_smile:

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Besides that line translated as ‘Unless you change people’s minds at large’. Which is something even today we are still working on since racism exists for minority groups.

The sneer is probably because A lived for 900 years, and saw how change is difficult and extremely slow. And because of that, peoples like A and the supernatural at large have to hide their existence.

8 Likes

No, the line is directly from the book, as the author wrote it and it is exactly this;

A’ face tightens into a sneer. “Not unless you can change the human race”.

2 Likes

I would love for the unit Bravo to play more active role on… having ideas.

I mean, the MC figures the way to defeat Murphy. Also the MC discovers all the evidence when they are on the little’s girl house on the book 3.
And again the MC is the one who discovers that the spreading disease at the book2 has something to do with the carnaval.

I mean, of course is the MC and is supposed to be on the spotlight, and i love unit Bravo but i think they rely too much on their powers and, it feels like they stop using their brains.

3 Likes

That’s not racism. That’s misanthropy.

17 Likes

… what the hell is going on in this thread?! Why are people talking about racism? I feel like it’s too… intricate? of a topic to engage in when talking about supernaturals and humans in a fictional universe.

15 Likes

A thread about the difference between racism, prejudices, discrimination and implicit bias would be an interesting read and how certain characters can be considered at such due to what they say and did in a story. I would encourage anyone if they like to talk more above topics on a separate thread.

If A is a racist, I would be a good question to raise with the author why A was written as such that it makes some readers to view him as a racist? :thinking:

3 Likes

I certainly would not recommend opening that topic up for discussion; it almost never goes well/leads to anything productive.

Also, I feel like one person in a thread calling A a racist isn’t the same as the author writing a character that some readers view as racist. Besides I, personally, don’t think the author owes an explanation for why A isn’t the biggest fan of humans. Hell, I AM human and I’m not the biggest fan of humans.

21 Likes

Understandable. If not manage properly, it could lead to arguments.

I have to admit I am the same. :joy:

14 Likes

Lol really true

2 Likes

By the way wasn’t there a scene with Douglas if you let him in your apartment where he kiss you?

1 Like

I think there is (or at least he TRIES), if you’re playing a female Detective.

3 Likes