The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Three (WIP -FINAL DEMO)

If you let Douglas in and choose ‘#“Aw, kid. Come here.” Give him a hug.’ And your MC is a woman, he will sniff her hair/clothing. He will also (try to) make bedroom eyes at her. The MC can also place a hand on his shoulder or nudge his arm at different points during that scene. Personally, I avoid any choice that has the MC make any kind of physical contact with him.

2 Likes

:rotating_light: creep alert :rotating_light:

6 Likes

Doesn’t Douglas act that way because MC saved him, or am I just misremembering that completely? Lol.

I feel like it’s mildly less creepy if I’m remembering correctly because there’s a term for that - hero worshipping, which I feel like is more grounded in psychology and less about him just being an absolute weirdo lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, if you choose his branch and the MC saves him, for male and NB MCs, it is hero worship, but for female MCs, he specifically gets a crush on them; there are different variations to reflect this in the scene files. (For example, he definitely does not smell male/NB detectives if he’s invited inside the apartment, haha.) I’m not sure if the crush is immediately shut down if female MCs are interested in only women, but I believe Book 3 does give female MCs the option to address it and change it from a crush to hero worship. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And A still complains about the hero worship, lol.

This does make me wonder, though, how the Bobby path will go. If you can affect Douglas in a positive manner (or turn him hard), I wonder if you can do the same for Bobby, to some degree. Or if Bobby will learn about the supernatural on their path, too, since they’re so damned nosy and suspicious about UB.

Granted, two of my MCs just want to run over Bobby with their shitty car, so I don’t see there ever being anything positive coming out of it. But the other two are semi-nice to him when he’s not being a complete douche. Which is almost never…

1 Like

I’m the only one that somehow has a bit of pity for Douglas, I mean for what I understood. There are some problem in his family.

15 Likes

Oh no no, I’m so sorry if it seemed like I don’t like Douglas; I adore the kid and genuinely feel for him and his situation. I’m looking forward to my MC being a positive influence in his life and helping him be a better person than his father (I hate the mayor, ugh). I just like to make sure that he and my MC respect each other’s boundaries because some of those scenes make me a little uncomfortable.

6 Likes

I’d say “don’t we all,” but he keeps getting elected, so clearly lots of people like him.

11 Likes

Oh, there’s a form of hero worshipping that’s like people “fall in love” with their saviors. It might have another name, I can’t remember. That’s what I meant lol.

2 Likes

I pity him, too. The mayor is a shitty human being. On the runs where he gets hero love for my MC, my MCs are totally planning on encouraging him and helping him get over the emotional abuse the mayor clearly inflicted on him.

On the Bobby runs, my MCs pity Douglas but are also fed up with his lack of work ethic. And idiocy.

7 Likes

I happen to kinda like the little bugger. In the “annoying younger brother” kind of way. His home situation seems kind lame, so my protective instincts come out.

I kind of try to push him into being a better officer when given the chance, and if a little bit of hero worship makes that happen, I can work with that.

Just hoping it doesn’t get him killed, cause I can see that happening.

11 Likes

Going to went thourgh Female M romance path again, with a little bit character roleplay as top G :skull:

1 Like

OMG, I so hope this happens in b3 (it probably won’t). I want to see A shit himself over Dezh’s driving (she has two speeds: full throttle and stopped)…

And this one is really what I meant to post… so there is an “explanation” for UB’s idiotic plan to announce themselves to the trappers when rescuing Sanja instead of using the element of surprise to actually, you know, do something that makes sense…

2 Likes

The Wayhaven Chronicles - Progress Report 29th July 2022

Chapter 16 is finished!!!

Aaahhhhh!!!

As you may have guessed, the editing I had planned to do this week kind of…didn’t. But the writing was just flowing SO amazingly well, and when I started to realise I could get the chapter finished, I just couldn’t stop! :smiley:

Most of it was actually taken up by Farah/Felix’s scene—a scene I’m unbelievably happy with! F’s was definitely the most involved and intense of the bunch this time, as well as it having to have a few different variations to it to account for choices in that moment.

So yeah, that means the start of the endings will be beginning!

Unfortunately, not quite yet though, lol. With not doing the editing this week and focusing on writing instead, I do have to do editing next week so as SpunkyCat can get started on the next chapters. Nai will also be back then, and we need to do a ‘game mechanics’ kind of catch up day because I have way to many bits of paper sprawled over my desk that need to get properly written up before I lose them. And it’s also social media days then too!

So next week will be seriously busy and probably won’t be a writing week, but a catch-up kind of week that’s been desperately needed for ages now.

I’m also hoping to be able to get the Book Three graphics over to Hosted Games for the Steam wishlist, as well as let them know how far along I am so they might put the save system in for Book Two!

Aah guys, I’m so excited!!! Tons of stuff to do next week, but once that’s out of the way, I’m hoping it will be a very smooth run in to the start of those ending chapters!

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! We’ll be offline as usual, so I’ll update you all again next Friday! <3

69 Likes

Yo what is going on, why is PUA guru here :rofl: ?

Tate isn’t a PUA guru. Which is a good thing too, seeing as 99.99 % of PUA ‘guru’s’ are frauds. No, Tate just posts pictures of himself with his employees who are cam girls, so…

Also, Tate associates with liars and scammars who have been caught lying and scamming multiple times so him being the ‘top G’ as it were should be taken with a grain of salt.

Ok maybe not a PUA guru but definitely a scammer and one that tries to appeal to PUA’s audience, he doesn’t just associate with scammers.

Yeah, that’s what he is :rofl: “It’s good he’s not a PUA because they are frauds” but… he is a fraud? Look up his Hustlers University, it’s the most generic shit.
Not to mention his camgirl pimping career. Both of those “hustles” aim to extract money from lonely losers.

Hi,

Kindly moved the non-Wayhaven topic elsewhere.

Thank you.

9 Likes

OMG, It’s happening!!

giphy

33 Likes

Glad to know im not the only one who keeps coming here refreshing the page hoping upon hope to see news.

5 Likes