The Synthetic Wasteland (Work Title)(WIP)

this whole thing makes me forgot i wanna ask; will the stats stay how they are or will there be stats raising choices?

Do you mean the personality stats, or the core stats?

Edit: Either way is the same answer, come to think of it. Yes, they’ll increase.

1 Like

Oh, I fixed those typos by the way.

1 Like

Good news, everyone!

I haven’t gotten too much writing done the past couple of days, but I’ve been working on something that will (hopefully) be a little more useful.

I’ve been working on getting a flash drive and my own laptop, so that I can work on this even when I don’t have access to my computer (which is fairly often, really.)

So hopefully, once I have all of that set up, I should be able to write far more frequently than I normally do!

12 Likes

Update: Steady progress is being made on the rest of chapter 3, but like I originally thought, it’s probably going to take me a little while to get it truly finished. At the moment, I would estimate that the portion is around 1/5 done.

On the upside, I got my hands on a flash drive, which should hopefully give me some extra time to work on this even when I’m not at my computer. Hopefully that means it won’t take too long!

12 Likes

So, I have a question about this, if you’ll indulge me.

I know it’s been a while since I posted anything new to the story, and it will likely be a while more before I finish. What I’m curious about is, are you guys comfortable waiting a while for me to finish this section, or would you rather I post something soon, even if it’s unfinished?

I don’t want to feel like I’m leaving you guys hanging for too long, so I thought I’d ask. Let me know what you think!

3 Likes

@ExcaliburV
I’d rather you took the time to finish the section. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m okay with waiting.
I really love your story :grinning:

1 Like

I prefer small but frequent updates than bulk ones, but I’ll accept anything, really. take your time

1 Like

This story is amazing! I can`t put my finger on it as to why, but it ensnares me so quickly! Keep up the great work and eagerly (but paitently) awaiting the book!

3 Likes

Update: I have two things I want to mention: first, I want to thank everyone for your patience and support. It really means a lot to me! :smile:

Second, I’m cracking down hard to get this done as soon as I can. At my current estimate, I would assume this portion is around 40% done, and I’m really trying to pick up the pace to make sure this doesn’t take too long.

The way I’m figuring it, if I can finish a small chunk of this section each day, I should be able to have this finished by the end of the week, though that wouldn’t include for how much testing time I’ll likely need (this section is huge, and I’ve already had to fix a good handful of errors :persevere:).

So while I can’t say for certain that this will be finished by the end of the week, it’s definitely a possibility, and even if it doesn’t get finished this week, it’ll likely get finished next week.

Until then, thanks again for your patience! You guys are the best! :blush:

13 Likes

Update: Alright, I’m on the final stretch of this portion. I have almost everything done, I just need to finish some of the last scenes and run the testing to make sure everything works right. So, fingers crossed, this should be done tomorrow.

I’m really sorry this has taken as long as it has. This portion was a far larger undertaking than I thought it would be, and apparently much longer than I though it would be too. At this rate, this portion is probably going to be 3/4 of chapter 3 by itself. That is a lot more than I originally thought… Jeez.

15 Likes

Oh wow tbh I have always thought of reading this WiP but the title discouraged me to do so (and I don’t read summaries for not spoiling the fun) but wow this is one of the those games in which I can empathise with the character!

Also you might wanna take out some “Was there anything else?” as it kind of breaks the immersion every time MC asks somethin…

1 Like

Thanks! And I’ll see what I can do about the “Was there anything else?” bits. I added those to try and make things more natural, but if it does the opposite, er… Whoops. :sweat_smile:

If you don’t mind me asking, what was it about the title that discouraged you?

Following up on the “Was there anything else” bits, too, were there any in particular that were specifically problematic, or were they all immersion-breaking?

To me it sounded like a post-apocalyptic Terminator-esque game but it is more like an I Robot one :sweat_smile:I know it sounds like I’m just blabbering crap but The Synthetic Wasteland makes me think of a world run by Machines like in the Westworld TV show and not like the way it is…it’s run with machines rather than by them
(Sorry if it sounds very confusing I can’t always shape the words the way I want to express them)

After second question sounds okay but when I ask another question and B3 again says “Was there anything else?” then it broke immersion and felt like my character was talking to an answering machine like ‘Please leave a message’ it sounded too emotionless and illogical, First question asked, done, nothing. Then asked second one and ‘Was there anything else?’ yeah there was, asked, and then she should not ask again if there was anything else instead B3 should just stare expectantly to know if there was anything else

2 Likes

Yeah, I know… Fun fact, I am utterly terrible with names. That’s why, for example, all of the default names for the MC are common western names; because I couldn’t think of anything better. :sweat_smile: That’s why I marked it as the work title, I do have full intentions to change it to something else, probably when it’s further along in production.

Ohh, I know what scene you’re talking about. Alright, I’ll add editing that to the to-do list. Thanks for letting me know about it!

2 Likes

Update: It’s here! … Mostly!

With almost all of this portion finished, I decided to upload what I have. Every option should be available and should work, though maybe I missed something in testing.

I marked the choice that will end the playthrough (you’ll know it when you see it) but other than that, everything should be available other than the actual chapter ending. I’ll work on, and hopefully finish, the actual chapter ending tomorrow.

So have at it, and let me know what you guys think!

7 Likes

not sure if anyone else have the same problem, but during the talk with B3 at the utility closet after first arriving at the resistance base, I checked show stats and then back to the game, and it brings me instead to the beginning of chapter 3, anyone else having the same problem?

1 Like

I think that’s because I re-uploaded the chapter 3 file to fix a problem I noticed last-minute. Sorry about that!

what a coincidence then, thanks for the reply!

1 Like