The Seven Winds (WIP)

Looking for feedback on a WIP called Choice of the Wind, in which you play a jinni summoned to the mortal world. I’m working on this to improve my writing and ChoiceScript skills, so any bugs, typos, improvements, etc, you can point out would be most helpful. Currently, the Introduction and the initial page of Part I is available to play through at:
http://tenryu.fhost.com.au/wind/mygame/index.html

21 Likes

The beguiling ability seems somewhat less useful than the others in general. I’m not sure why exactly.

1 Like

Very well written, and I love the themes. Have you by chance read the Bartimaeus Sequence by Jonathan Stroud?

Couldn’t find any errors, nice job! Interested to see more.

1 Like

“Mad nor not” should be “Mad or not”

I really, really enjoyed this.

1 Like

I’m very intrigued. I look forward to the rest.

1 Like

Like the style. Keep at it.

1 Like

I enjoyed the demo and look forward to more. I’m not sure if you are aware but only ‘official’ COG games can use ‘Choice of’ in the title so you might want to think of a new title.

1 Like

sounds interesting i will play it as soon as i can. really busy aight now

1 Like

Nice game you have there! Because, for I, a Subtle and humble person with a Quirky Mortal named Solomon, are bound to have a… Unique Storyline together.

This game is so awesome! I can’t wait for the rest of it to come out.

Awesome game looking forward to the next update :smiley:

Just thought of a possible new title for you @tenryu

How about “The Seven Winds” ?

@Saracenar Yes, I have read and enjoyed them. Stroud is one of the inspirations for this, as is the anime/manga Magi, the Bloodsword books, and my general interest in the Arabian Nights tales.

@Bagelthief Changed, thanks. :slight_smile:

@fantom, @HoraceTorys, @Happy, @ItalionStailon, @Fujin Thanks!

@Nocturnal_Stillness No, I wasn’t aware that ‘Choice of’ was prohibited, though I do hope to complete this and get it accepted as an official game. :slight_smile: In the meantime, I’ll change it to something along the lines of ‘The Seven Winds’. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is there anyone (a forum moderator) I can contact to change the discussion title? I don’t have permissions to do that myself.

@tenryu

Update it now! Add more! Epic game!
Can I be your cowriter?( I rarely like a game enough to offer help, but I just have never seen a game like this and I really like it)

@repora can we get a title change when the time comes

@Talon5505 Fear not, I hope to have Part 1 up and running in a week with luck, and thanks for the offer, but I find I work best by myself (since I can come home and power through a couple of hours of coding/writing each night) :slight_smile:

@Roslyn_samalt06 Thanks.

Also, can anyone tell me if there is a way to edit the first post in a discussion? I was hoping to add new questions, status updates, changes, etc, to it so everyone can see but I don’t seem to be able to do so.

@tenryu @Reaperoa is generally very good about using his mod powers to make occasional changes to an opening post (if warranted), so you could PM him once you know what you want. I’m guessing it would have to be semi-permanent stuff though; for anything else, you’ll just have to post again and hope enough read it before it’s swallowed by spam . . . :smiley:

It looks great so far! :smiley:

@Vendetta Thanks for the info. I should have reserved the second post for updates and the like. Oh, well, I’ll contact Reaperoa or work around it somehow.

@Shintaro Thanks.

This is one of the most promising works in progress I’ve seen. Great job, I’ll be keeping a close eye on this project c: