The Scarlet Legacy WIP

I’ve begun work on my new game The Scarlet Legacy. In it, you play the as one of the last siblings from your family. The story is a Medieval fantasy, more dark in tone, like Dragon Age Origins or Baldur’s Gate. One thing leads to another, and you find yourself joining the Fabled Scarlet Warriors to stop another dark age that only they can prevent.

THE BASICS, I GUESS

SPOILERS FOR WHAT TO EXPECT

• Decide what weapon you use to crush your enemies
  • Decide how you feel about the ways of the world.
  • Deal with your inner guilt in a healthy way, or let it consume you
  • Mentor a young girl to become bad or good, to show mercy or to slaughter.
  • Meet a cast of companions of your journey that can grow to either love or hate you.
  • Be the light in the darkness, or the shadow that snuffs it out
  • Choose your mcs gender, Man, Woman or Non-Binary.
  • Find friends, enemies, and maybe… a Lover???

Choose whether you’re better at brute combat, understanding strategy or maybe you can just talk your way through?

The prologue is currently all that’s really out, with some pages into the first chapter, as I was focusing on learning how to code. At least you can make your character and get a feel for their inner turmoil’s with the past. The first plan is to polish the prologue to add more player choices and creations, and following suit with the future chapter releases. I plan on updating weekly, but having a full time job might that a little difficult.

To play the demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/play/codyviews/the-scarlet-legacy-/mygame/

116 Likes

1 line 84: Non-existent variable ‘anger’

Maybe that’s where the game is supposed to end, but just in case.

1 Like

Found and updated hopefully, thanks!

Will mc have stats like strength, agility, knowledge etc?

1 Like

I want to add it in later, ya. Cause theres gonna be a decent amount of fighting

1 Like

Will we be able to be a bitter/mean person in the game?

1 Like

Yeah thats the plan

3 Likes

*Would like to add here that the beginning of the game will have less choices over actions then the rest. I’m sure its off putting for some, and I might change it in the future, but it’s important for the story progression to have the intro to be railroaded

1 Like

feel sorry for our character they have to look after their sibling and they have to deal with the the Crusaders and their father that they had lick of nothing to do with where they are now because of certain individual

1 Like

This is great for your first game. Didn’t expect the writing to be this good. Looking forward to more. Keep it up!

1 Like

This is a really good start, the writing is great.Take your time and keep up the good work

1 Like

@CodyViews. Did notice some issues with being called he instead of she and other like instances when playing a sister mostly from the crusaders.

Beyond that there was some moments i think the way written it made us seem the bigger older sister when we are the younger sibling.

Other than those great job so far and has me wanting to see more and why i get this impression the father essentially sold us out kind of situation.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

1 Like

Ya i rewrote some scenes on word and copy pasted into the files but missed some variables for the gender lol. And ya, i want to add height options, but i like the mc seeming to be the older sibling since the narration is from their point of view and they see themselves as the responsible one.
Thanks!

1 Like

Chapter 1 gives you the option to choose a field to study in, so you can decide if you prefer a combat focused mc, tactics focused, etc.

The mc doesnt feel like my mc at all? More like an already predetermined character that we are reading the stroy through their lenses. This heavily ruins the immersion for me turning what could have been an interesting permise a chore to read through.

1 Like

Yeah im gonna work on more choices and the future chapters have them. I was using the prologue to get a handle on coding choices and now that ive got it kinda down i can go back into it for th3 choices

1 Like

I have to say one thing the Crusaders have just declared war on me personally

1 Like

It’s really good so far. Just a little too much cursing for me though. That’s just my opinion.

1 Like

Lol ya fair enough ill look into toning it down

2 Likes

Nah, it’s okay. That was just my opinion!

2 Likes