The Night Hunters: First Blood [Updated 10/1/21]

I like to ask the question what is the main resources to make weapons like guns tanks and planes and pretty much the instructions how build these devices if you don’t have the instructions you’re not going to make it if you don’t have the resources to make the device it’s useless or the tools what I believe in the story night Hunter but my belief the resources we lost on the other side of the wall just collecting dust or destroyed into billions of pieces just to be ruins of the former glory maybe not be used ever again

Great work! Will be waiting for an update!

1 Like

Stumbled upon this demo while looking for fantasy genre wip to read and I must say that I’m impressed. I absolutely loved the demo and it’s romance heavy so it’s a perfect mix for me. One thing that seemed odd was that aside from Alistair, we don’t get to interact much with the ROs. So it feels weird when the romance option is locked before we get to know them better. Also there are many spelling mistakes, sometimes the names aren’t consistent either, though I can see that most of those have been pointed out. Sometimes the wording gets a bit repetitive as well. But overall great game. I honestly don’t know which RO to choose because they’re all so interesting and written very well. Looking forward to your future updates.

1 Like

That was just a joke. My character, as I envision them, is not particularly imposing physically, so the joke is that they’re an adult now but still very much gangly. The text is fine.

My question about the cannons isn’t so much asking why we have bows instead of just using artillery, I was wondering why guns aren’t in use. I figured if planes exist, the tech for breach loading or even magazine loaded carbine rifles must exist, given that these things were invented either around the time of planes, or long before, in the case of breach loading. There’s stuff so sophisticated that the lack of firearms is rather strange. Collapsible swords and biplanes require a considerably greater technological advancement. I have to wonder if someone is preventing that particular advancement, though it’d be strange to allow planes and not guns.

All in all, it’s good to hear from you again, I wish you well on your exams.

2 Likes

Does this WIP have a tumbler page?

8 Likes

Finished replaying the demo again. And still so enjoyable no matter how times I’ve played it. Also hope all goes well with your exams, got some myself soon. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :yum:

8 Likes

Love the unique storyline. Can’t wait for it, keep up d good work

2 Likes

Hey the author’s gone. Where does that leave this story?

They are on a break - hiatuses are not uncommon :woman_shrugging:

10 Likes

Hopefully

The story ends when you lock your RO …ig…

For the record, the author lost access to their original account but they are still around on an alt, called Varyn_Ashyver. The story is still on hiatus though, as Konoi mentioned.

11 Likes

I thought you couldn’t have an alt account?

They didn’t do anything to be banned though - the old account was closed at their request because they lost their password or something like that, not something bad they could have done. Banned people obviously wouldn’t be allowed to come back with a different account.

8 Likes

If you scroll all the way up to the first post and click on the author’s name, it says the reason:
"This user is suspended.
Reason: Closed at user’s request; lost password."

1 Like

im absolutely in love with this wip

4 Likes

If the OP can read this on their alt, I love this game! Looking forward to when progress resumes!

3 Likes

Just came across this again and i can gladly say i’m still in love with this.

2 Likes

The story itself is alright but some of the antagonists and the dialogue can be a bit cartoonish, the throwaway gang leader in the beginning being a good example.

I’d recommend getting dedicated beta readers or someone who could help smoothen out the flow and punctuation since there’s a lot of points in the story I’m a bit thrown out of the story because I notice a handful of small errors in punctuation.

I’m looking forward to seeing the final product though.

4 Likes

I was under the impression that the gang leader was supposed to be some kind of poser, someone who was supposed to be overdoing it. He still sounds a bit more like a stereotypical wizard than an arrogant gang leader, but I get the feel the author was going for.

2 Likes