This is my first attempt at a choicescript game and not scrapping it after the first month. I hope you guys enjoy, and this is planned as a trilogy with two side arcs as differenct characters (very back burner though).
Going home was supposed to be a comfort, yeah that didn’t happen. Now dragged into a world you didn’t know existed, can you survive or will the chaos consume you?
- Play as a male, female, or non-binary 21 year old student.
- Let your fear become your strength.
- Try to survive while your soul gets hijacked on a regular basis.
- Use your new gift to help others, or be a selfish jerk.
- Wield a variety of weapons
- Learn about various events in time as chronicled by a phoenix.
- Romance anyone from your best friends to an ancient volatile kitsune.
One of your childhood best friends, she is a few months younger than you, and is attending college to eventually obtain a masters in medicine. She’s 5’6 with a slight figure. Has chocolate colored eyes and shoulder-length black hair that fades into a lavender ombre.
Your other childhood best friend and a year older than you. Currently he takes online classes so he can help out at his family’s restaurant. He’s 6’0 with a well-built figure due to excessive track and basketball. Has emerald green eyes that complement his tousled caramel hair.
An 18 year old excitable MMA fighter, she joined the Blades right out of high school due to her accomplishments physically and academically. She’s 5’10 with a willowy frame that hides her toned muscles. Has light blue eyes and honey blonde hair that’s kept chin-length.
A 22 year old who’s family is descended from one of the original founders of the Blades. He is completely committed and trained under Reuben’s tutelage from a young age. He’s 5’7 with a muscular frame.
An ancient and volatile kitsune. She’s very odd and will rarely talk about her past except random offhand comments, has a very unusual fighting style. She’s 5’3 with a slight hourglass frame. Has crimson eyes and waist length raven hair.
The friendly neighborhood wulver, he works as a liaison and informant for the Blades and goes out of his way to help the less fortunate. Is very self conscious about his true form around humans and usually uses glamour charms to appear fully human. He’s 5’9 with a slightly toned figure. While under a glamour he has messy curls of dark gray hair and while in his true form he has gray fur and sapphire colored eyes.
New secret not so secret RO?
Not 100% sure with it but I want to roll with it
Dane: The alpha of the local pack allied with the Blades, he works as a liaison for Reuben and the other packs. He’s 6’1" with sun-kissed skin and blue-green eyes. His dirty blond hair is styled into an undercut faux hawk.
New word count w/o code: 16,883
To play the demo, go here: https://dashingdon.com/play/starfoxed/blades-of-damascus/mygame/
I have a tumblr for asks & etc: https://starcrossedkitsune.tumblr.com/
The new update schedule will be minor updates around the 15th and major updates around the last day of the month. This is still true.
Feedback I’m looking for:
- Does the story flow well or seem broken in some parts
- Character feedback, do their personalities stay the same or do you feel like they go off on a tangent?
- Typos, grammatical errors, punctuation.
- What do you think would be interesting to see happen as you read?
- Does something get mentioned then you never hear about it again?
As of 06/06/21:
- Word Count: 9,951
- Revamped demo, some original scenes are still going to be implemented (TOS and blanket forts)
- Worked on making the demo feel less rushed… at least I hope so.
- Complete rework of the coding, so that’s probably where most bugs will be.
- Complete overhaul on the timeline (This really doesn’t matter currently though, not until the next major update at least)
- Some new paths you might enjoy and also heads up. Choosing the WIP choices will still move the story forward
- Nap vs. Walk, definitely choose walk
- Cordelia is the new official canon twin, Castiel will still appear in the Blades universe… just not in the way you’d think.
- Nyx was also coerced into taking anger management, hopefully it sticks.
Very Minor Update 06/08/21
- Word Count: 16,883
- Most of the prologue before the sacrifice scene has been corrected on the your/you’re mixup, still going through them and the rest when I find more should be updated on the 15th
- Added in the Nap choice scene I still need to work on the text scenes with Briar and Luca and by the end of the month those should be hopefully done, as well as adding more into the scene when you go walking and meet Nyx and Weylin
- The nap scene isn’t meant to really have choices due to Briar and Luca’s main interactions being in their texting scenes
Old Synopsis: It was supposed to be a regular winter break, going home to see friends and family. That is until your mom tried to sacrifice you. Now with a primeval sharing your soul and family you didn’t know existed will you be able to survive battles & college?
old count: 43,641
Total word count is now: 31,011 adding 9,185 to the original 21,826.
- Fixed various typos
- Complete coding revamp for CC, easier for finding possible bugs and typo errors
- added a “balding” option for hair type
- added an exact height option after you choose your height, mostly as flavor text.
- fixed height to more appropriate ones due to gender
- fixed reworked sentence about “tall mom”
- added early feeling checks that should help set the MC’s personality
- rewrote various scenes to add more description
- added descriptions for the dye colors in hair
- finally added a fleshed out blanket fort scene for those who choose that path
- added a choice where you set why you’re going to school, limited choice that adds to the MC personality or skills
- added scene after the gas station
Minor update 4/20/19
- Stats balance (hopefully)
- Excerpt elaborating on Nyx’s past which is accessable by entering ‘echo’ on the input password page.
- poll on post # 36
Total WC is now 41,812 from 32,000 most of what is added is Ch.1
- Small tweaks to stat gain/ relationship gains
- Added more to the part where you talk to Reuben after the hospital
- Chance to participate in something, not spoiling it.
- Added a content warning due to one of the scenes depicting partial nudity -it is completely avoidable though if the reader so chooses.
Minor update 5/11/19
*Current WC is 43,641 compared to the previous 41,812
- Added the option to not have a first kiss when asked in ToS
- Added more to the Chronicles page
- Fixed various typos in the Prologue and Ch. 1
- Added in missing dialogue if your characters stats were “middling”
*Fixed some more missing goto labels
*Star wars references