The Maledictus (WIP) (Demo posted)

Hooked. Can’t wait to see more

Dear Author! I dig what you have here. Im looking forward to seeing how this progresses. I noticed only a few grammatical errors, but, nonetheless, a great read. You have a way with words that enthralled me by the second page. Keep it up! I want to spend my money on this!!!

3 Likes

Really enjoyed what you have so far, I’m always a sucker for some necromancy. Also, I do like it when there is a bit of POV shifting in a story. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

1 Like

This is one of most interesting wips I’ve in a while cant wait for an update🤘🏽

1 Like

I love love love the MC, we can finally play as the unapproachable, antisocial, standoffish character rather than romancing one, sure MC is hated but at least they are not all miserable about it, you can still choose not to let people walk all over you. I like the fact that we can get in verbal sparring and come out with the upper hand. In most of what I have read, if your MC starts antagonizing characters they are quickly put into their place with some comebacks, usually NPCs must have the last word.

MC has certainly a way with words, I tend to play the quiet and kind type when MCs are believed evil, lest I feed the flames of hatred, but so far the dialogues options are so fun to read with a sarcastic and bold MC. I like how we can smartly fight off the bullying without having to mope about it internally.

And I will agree with all the posts before me, when i say that the POVs are very welcome. It’s good to see that the MC can also cause feelings and reactions in ROs, especially confident ones instead of it being back and forth flirting. Making Valen blush and talk about us to their roomate was nice, but being called a red flag was the cherry on the cake.

25 Likes

Oh my god! Finally a game in which i can have my own wand instead of just casting boring spells with hands. Can we have an option to customize our wand, nothing much just the colour and its core.

4 Likes

why does no one mention the pet bat…OMG I LOVE OUR SWEET LITTLE BAT, I WANT TO CUDDLE AND HUG IT SO MUCH :sob::heart_eyes:.
Uhm…coughs:melting_face: anyway…back to the topic :laughing:
I love love this WIP, it’s awesome and the Ro’s seem very lovely (I love how flabbergasted Haiden is when you are a bold flirter xD)
I found a little writing mistake, my Mc is female and a non-talker, when Valen meets up with Zumi he tells him:
“But…how is Sybil responsible for his family’s crimes?”
But anything else chefs kiss :heart:

15 Likes

I didn’t want to mention how creepy and gross I found it :joy:. I wouldn’t love having a regular bat as a pet, but I definitely don’t like having one with a visible skull. And then we met the headmaster’s cute cat, and I was like “come on! I want a cute witchy cat!” So, yeah. No offense to bat lovers, I just found it a lot icky

1 Like

Oooh. Short, but really promising so far. Can’t wait to see what else this story has in store for us.

I know, right?! I think I’m going full Ice Queen for this one.

2 Likes

LOL none taken :joy: I can imagine it’s a bit of the uglier side (skull and red eyes) but every pet deserves love :laughing: especially when its loves you :smiley:

6 Likes

Short, sweet, and an enjoyable read. It’s a good introduction and I’ll be glad if we aren’t stuck with pages of lore/context to tread through. Showing rather than telling is much easier to go through.

That switch in POV was enough to teach me that being the red flag is going to be fun.
For classes/skills I chose Curses, Runes, and Zoology.

1 Like

I think you might’ve made a little mistake with find & replace. Do a Ctrl + F for “highlengthights” - looks like you replaced instances of “hl”? Happens twice in the same scene (“the rest of your class goes smootlengthy”). Otherwise, I’m looking forward to how this story pans out.

2 Likes

I really enjoy reading different POV from ROs, and I am so glad you have it in your work! So excited to see more.

2 Likes

I’m getting some strong Wednesday Addams and Nevermore Academy vibes from this and I’m all for it. I love how we’re instantly connected with necromancy too. Can’t wait to see more.

5 Likes

Very interesting, I really look forward to continuing reading this story.

I really enjoy what you have so far but did find an error in the end in the ros pov where they referred the mc as a girl when I was playing as a boy

I’m so excited for this!! I chose runes, Divination and curses. I’m already in love with the possible ROs. Can’t wait for more updates!

5 Likes

I must say, I am pleasantly surprised by how much I am enjoying this. Initially, I had doubts about whether I would like it, but it has exceeded my expectations, and I am happy to admit that I was wrong in my initial judgment.

1 Like

I need more :heart_eyes:. Looking forward to romancing Valen

4 Likes

When the demo was out, I didn’t really tried it out cause of the cliche plot where mc is cursed and we’ll be treated as an outcast weakling etc. but I finally manage to tried it out and it’s been a good experience for me so far, I really like it when it comes to spell casting it really feels like I’m a wizard.

5 Likes