The Lost Heir Trilogy

Dark Knight lets you touch people and hurt them with pure evil.

1 Like

The Dark Knights have a special quest tƓ find a powerful magical sword.

1 Like

Thatā€™s Paladin. Dark Knights are essentially cleric types.

1 Like

The Dark Knight has a quest for an evil sword.

1 Like

Huh.

Chalk that up to another reason why thereā€™s no reason to be a good guy in TLH. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Paladin has a quest for a good sword, actually. The Holy Avenger.

Also, @Ramidel, I donā€™t think you need to have squire or guard levels to be a Paladin. I played a character that had two priest levels and a cleric level, and they were able to be a paladin. I think you just need to have a good religion and a high martial stat, like swords. Though Iā€™m not entirely sure.

Being a Paladin also gives you the ability to use Lay on Hands as a healing spell, which is made fun of at least twice in The Demon War.

3 Likes

Suda bonus. Andā€¦ healingā€¦ yeah thatā€™s itā€¦

2 Likes

The requirements for being a paladin are 1 level of cleric (and thus 1 level of priest) and 1 level of guard or squire. Thatā€™s how it is in the code, and thatā€™s how Lucid has said it is intended to be. IIRC, thereā€™s been bugs in the past that allowed one to become a Paladin without meeting all of the intended class requirements (and one version where the class was unobtainable, I think).

3 Likes

Oh. I guess my paladin was illegitimate, then.

Whoopsā€¦

4 Likes

The illegal paladin :joy: sounds like the start of a dodgy WiP

3 Likes

Actually, as an evil priest you can heal just as well as a good one. So not even that.

2 Likes

Yo how RU mate do you enjoy TLD

1 Like

TLD? What do you mean?

1 Like

I ask because if you enjoy the world of TLD you should play LOAW

1 Like

You mean TLH? The Lost Heir? I have played LoaW, it was good.

2 Likes

I think most already have.

2 Likes

Srry mate best day to you

2 Likes

Is there any reason why people make fun of/donā€™t like Lay on Hands? Because Iā€™ve never heard of there being anything weird about it in any tabletop game Iā€™ve played.

2 Likes

No, thereā€™s nothing weird about it, reallyā€¦

Some people just have, erā€¦ Dirty minds when you say you cast ā€œLay on Handsā€ on yourself.

Thatā€™s generally what the joke is, even in Lost Heir.

3 Likes

Say if Pete/Petra had to fight Bron/Brinn who would win?

1 Like